Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, 45 minutes after my last post it has passed 26,000. They're getting well over 1,000 signatures per hour.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      OMG, 45 minutes after my last post it's almost at 26,000. They're getting 'way over 1,000 signatures per hour.
      Sould like Election night LOL
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

OMG, 45 minutes after my last post it has passed 26,000. They're getting well over 1,000 signatures per hour.
        over 30,000 in a 24 hour period, if it continues to track at that rate the stock holders will take notice, Especially if the internal struggle between Chepak and Iger has any merit.
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

https://www.dirt.com/gallery/showbiz/studio-executives/bob-chapek-house-westlake-village-1203375946/

Comment

Over 35K and growing as of this morning.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post
              The utility of removing Chapek depends on what kind of person replaces him; I think realistically the odds that it's someone more than marginally better are slim, and the odds that it's someone cut from an entirely different cloth are virtually nil. I know I'm probably in the minority of this, but I think the ship sailed once the company passed out of the hands of people who actually care about the parks and such and into the hands of your typical business person. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. If anything, we're lucky that the decline has been this slow, that so many great things still continue to exist, and that so many of the CMs are still trying to do what they can to keep Walt's original vision alive.
              "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"

You're right. The 'mindset' of the people who hired Chapek hasn't changed. Chances are he'd be replaced with someone with the same priorities. At this point I don't know what it would take to put the brakes on this runaway train.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by JLee1226 View Post
                Honestly don't know if an online petition will do any good
                It won't. All it will do is get you possibly blacklisted by Disney if you plan to work for them. A quick internet search and your name pops up on it.

Don't bother with useless petitions.

Comment

Rapidly approaching 40,000.

Regardless of its chances of accomplishing its stated goal, this petition has clearly tapped into something.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

It's sort of pathetic to see disney parks media sites and figures push this kind of stuff. They're unhappy with the way things are, and for good reason, but everything they do all day every day just encourages people to give disney their money. If they really want change, they should all just tell people not to visit the parks until all of the most egregious problems are addressed. The same people will tell you to sign a petition to fire the CEO right after telling you where you can buy the latest holiday churro for $15. These guys basically prop up Chapek's Disney constantly only to take a three paragraph break to briefly mention how terrible it is, before go back to propping it up again as if they didn't just tell you how bad it is.

Put your money where your mouth is or shut your mouth.

Comment

Sorry to think.....That CEO Chapek is just laughing..........

People like Bob.......will never changed !
                      IMO

But- useless petitions does bring out message, and that what I'm for......
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Approaching 65,000 signatures...

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Approaching 65,000 signatures...
                          Great Update.......
                          I have no Ideal ,what it would mean?
                          But less the message is out !chapek needs to GO>

(Glad be back on MC and see my Eagle again-lol)
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

When was the last time that any of you ran a multi billion dollar company? Or any company for that matter?
                            I’ll wager the answer is never.
                            Chapek answers to the shareholders period, and not to a bunch of internet tough guys.
                            I’m not saying it’s right or good, I’m just saying this is the new normal and a silly petition ain’t gonna change a dang thing

Comment

Everybody loves singing “Disney is a business” when they want to own the APs, but as soon as “Disney is a business” owns them too, they change their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by CHL2T View Post
                                When was the last time that any of you ran a multi billion dollar company? Or any company for that matter?
                                Chapek answers to the shareholders period, and not to a bunch of internet tough guys.
                                I’m not saying it’s right or good, I’m just saying this is the new normal and a silly petition ain’t gonna change a dang thing
                                Thankfully I'm not the benchmark for what a great business leader looks like.

I agree that the petition won't do anything (except perhaps make more fans aware of the concerns) but I disagree that a consumer has no right to voice concerns when one is unhappy with a product. I'm certainly glad people didn't have that mentality during the "Promote Paul Pressler" era.

Also, while most petitions are moot, some can have an impact, as documented in this article.
                                “I think, therefore I am... confused.”
                                ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Comment

Ok, and?

that has no relevance to this conversation. ​​​​​
                                  Restore Walt's Disneyland: bring back the Aluminum Hall of Fame!

Comment

I will just state this fact, when shareholder ignore the public that provides their stock revenue they are often met with a lot less on their dividends. Will they make a decision on a petition no, should it raise the red flag of concern for the direction of the company then they are setting themselves up for having the shock of stock dividends plummeting. While it seems data driven Chapek is someone the Share holders would love, when the creative decisions are no longer innovative and creating products worth spending lots of money on than the return on that product will drop. It has happened before look at the dark days of Disney of the 80's There is a whole documentary on the return to creative excellence called Waking sleeping beauty. The problem you have here is the same problem that Bob has is you seen Disney like any other Multi-Billion dollar company when in fact it is very different and therefore needs to be run differently.
                                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

yeah, the petition won't get him removed, but it could make him look behind his shoulder...the mighty do fall at some point...
                                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                                        Everybody loves singing “Disney is a business” when they want to own the APs, but as soon as “Disney is a business” owns them too, they change their tune.
                                        My self , I love singing “Disney is a greedy business”"""""""LoL
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                                          yeah, the petition won't get him removed, but it could make him look behind his shoulder...the mighty do fall at some point...
                                          I agree
                                          PETITION- became a common form of protest !
                                          and does get the message out !!

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X