Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
    I agree
    PETITION- became a common form of protest !
    and does get the message out !!
    It now has more than 70,000 signatures -- and still climbing.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

It now has more than 70,000 signatures -- and still climbing.
      Way the stock market is going, there going be lot moreimo
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

On another site I read Chapek might not attend D23. The site believe it is in the fear of him being booed. I think this is bad for Chapek. With things happening like petitions, no public appearances by him, fan boycotting and other stuff, it might end up him being out as CEO. If Chapek eventually is out, who would be a good replacement. On Mice Chat and among Disney fans, is there anyone who is favored to be his replacement. (I have been off MC for sometime so Im out of the loop)

Comment

I do not see cheap park as a somebody who is capable of reading the room and will ride his vision into the ground rather then admit he was wrong. When if he gets ousted he will go kicking screaming and scapegoating all the way out the door.

I have read grumblings that Iger has been waiting in the wings and hasn't disconnected as much as they thought he would because he's been asked by several other execs and Board members to stick around incase they need to bring him back. I have often thought they put cheap park in knowing he would make all these drastic changes and accelerate some of the ideas the board wanted then they could oust him put Iger back in let all the ill will leave with cheap park. Iger could simply course correct slightly making guests happy again even though in the end they are getting less than they had prior. I do not think they knew how bad it would negatively effect the stock price that is a something I believe surprised them.

If Iger came back I think fans would welcome him with open arms and the stock would surely surge on speculation things would get back on track. Even if they simply masked some of the missteps and spun things guests would praise his return even though many did not like him the first time around.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
            I do not see cheap park as a somebody who is capable of reading the room and will ride his vision into the ground rather then admit he was wrong. When if he gets ousted he will go kicking screaming and scapegoating all the way out the door.

I have read grumblings that Iger has been waiting in the wings and hasn't disconnected as much as they thought he would because he's been asked by several other execs and Board members to stick around incase they need to bring him back. I have often thought they put cheap park in knowing he would make all these drastic changes and accelerate some of the ideas the board wanted then they could oust him put Iger back in let all the ill will leave with cheap park. Iger could simply course correct slightly making guests happy again even though in the end they are getting less than they had prior. I do not think they knew how bad it would negatively effect the stock price that is a something I believe surprised them.

If Iger came back I think fans would welcome him with open arms and the stock would surely surge on speculation things would get back on track. Even if they simply masked some of the missteps and spun things guests would praise his return even though many did not like him the first time around.
            Plus, he would get a much larger bonus than before...........

I think it was Igers plan all along to step down, get Chapek in knowing full well that he would fail miserably, than return as the magnificent savior and collect a huge singing bonus as well as much larger bonuses than when he was CEO.

The pandemic stretched it out a year or two but don't kid yourself, he is still every bit as greedy and conniving as he has always been.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

Plus, he would get a much larger bonus than before...........

I think it was Igers plan all along to step down, get Chapek in knowing full well that he would fail miserably, than return as the magnificent savior and collect a huge singing bonus as well as much larger bonuses than when he was CEO.
              You know...I think you on to something......
              I not a IGER fan ,but.......He would be lot better ,what is going today with Chapek !
              "INTERESTING"
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

https://www.theonion.com/disney-acqu...lli-1848076101

Comment

OMG that's hysterical!

Meanwhile, in other news... the petition has passed 75,000 signatures.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

OMG that's hysterical!

Meanwhile, in other news... the petition has passed 75,000 signatures.
                    I read that this is the most signatures on any change.org petition ever. That alone should say something.
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I read that this is the most signatures on any change.org petition ever. That alone should say something.
                      That’s not even remotely close to being true. There’s million person petitions on change.org

Comment

You know...I think you on to something......
                        I not a IGER fan ,but.......He would be lot better ,what is going today with Chapek !
                        "INTERESTING"
                        This is an absurd take. Iger did not step down to have Chapek take over in an attempt to then get reinstated to get a bonus. I also love the people that complained about Iger constantly are now wishing him back 😂.

Comment

Even if Iger took control over again, I think his reputation as CEO would diminish. Stockholders may blame him for Chapek, as that was Iger's decision. Or they may call him out for not giving up the position to someone else. Iger has had the past issue of having numerous "Apprentice CEOs" aka prospective employees who Iger has taking a liking to, to the point they are viewed as his successor...and then they are either tossed aside or quit. Staggs, Rasulo, Mayer, and others have held this position before Chapek has.

Iger was 54 when he became the CEO, and now he is 70. I get the feeling, his era is going to finally come to a close soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                            This is an absurd take.
                            Not absurd at all. It should be obvious that Iger was better than Chapek.

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                            I also love the people that complained about Iger constantly are now wishing him back 😂.
                            Re-read Eagleman's post: He clearly said that he is not an Iger fan.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Not absurd at all. It should be obvious that Iger was better than Chapek.

Re-read Eagleman's post: He clearly said that he is not an Iger fan.

The absurd take was his agreeing that the other poster may be onto something by stating what he stated.

I didn’t say Eagleman was an Iger fan, I said people. I also said people want him back not that people are fans of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                                Even if Iger took control over again, I think his reputation as CEO would diminish. Stockholders may blame him for Chapek, as that was Iger's decision. Or they may call him out for not giving up the position to someone else. Iger has had the past issue of having numerous "Apprentice CEOs" aka prospective employees who Iger has taking a liking to, to the point they are viewed as his successor...and then they are either tossed aside or quit. Staggs, Rasulo, Mayer, and others have held this position before Chapek has.

Iger was 54 when he became the CEO, and now he is 70. I get the feeling, his era is going to finally come to a close soon.
                                Then the question.....who would be the someone else ?
                                I have not care for last 3 CEO, in the company
                                I do hope......Bad CEO era is going to finally come to a close soon
                                and get someone that really care Disney Company ,as well as the park
                                also the Consumer !
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

That’s not even remotely close to being true. There’s million person petitions on change.org
                                  Just stating what I had read! thanks for the info
                                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X