Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSEP coming back to celebrate it's 50th year

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MSEP coming back to celebrate it's 50th year

    If you thought reservations were hard to get now, wait until next summer! Pretty excited to see this parade coming back. The OG and still the best nighttime parade they've ever done.

    What are the chances they fix/bring back the damaged floats?

  • #2
    Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
    What are the chances they fix/bring back the damaged floats?
    I think this is some pretty cool news! (? I think it's still in rumor territory at the moment without the official date, but it's feeling more likely.)

    I'm sorry to ask, but I'm actually drawing a blank on this one -- which floats were damaged?

    Comment


    • #3
      They have to bring back the Blue Fairy to lead the anniversary parade! She was the symbol of MSEP.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
        They have to bring back the Blue Fairy to lead the anniversary parade! She was the symbol of MSEP.
        Seconded

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder that when MSEP returns, they needs to have the official 50th anniversary of MSEP logo like this:
          Last edited by Disneyhan1999; 10-26-2021, 04:14 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

            I think this is some pretty cool news! (? I think it's still in rumor territory at the moment without the official date, but it's feeling more likely.)

            I'm sorry to ask, but I'm actually drawing a blank on this one -- which floats were damaged?
            Pinocchio/Pleasure Island was damaged when they shipped the parade back to CA from Orlando. The Blue Fairy has been missing but I've heard nothing about whether or not she was damaged or if it was just a choice to exclude.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

              Pinocchio/Pleasure Island was damaged when they shipped the parade back to CA from Orlando. The Blue Fairy has been missing but I've heard nothing about whether or not she was damaged or if it was just a choice to exclude.
              Thank you for the answer. I remember the Blue Fairy distinctly, and I was unaware that she was no longer in the show! I hope she makes a return.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                Thank you for the answer. I remember the Blue Fairy distinctly, and I was unaware that she was no longer in the show! I hope she makes a return.
                Blue got replaced by a large Tinkebell float, as a tie-in to the Tinkerbell Movie Series. I believe there has been 2 versions of the float. One where Tink is riding in a miniatureture hot air balloon. (which tied into the second Tinkebell movie). And one where Tink is "flying" above the float.

                For whatever reason, Disney chose not to bring the Dumbo units for the last revival, but Snow's and Pinocchio(shortened down) returned instead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                  I think this is some pretty cool news! (? I think it's still in rumor territory at the moment without the official date, but it's feeling more likely.)

                  I'm sorry to ask, but I'm actually drawing a blank on this one -- which floats were damaged?
                  It was the Disney parks blog that made the announcement, I feel like the lack of date is more to build up some speculation and excitement than not being a firm plan. IMO.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I made a special trip when they brought it back in 2017. I was planning Spring 2022, but I may adjust those dates to coincide.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How long before they sell the lightbulbs for this one claiming it will gone for good after it's run?
                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        How long before they sell the lightbulbs for this one claiming it will gone for good after it's run?
                        Buy one now before they "glow away" forever!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                          How long before they sell the lightbulbs for this one claiming it will gone for good after it's run?
                          I'm Laughing....for " I GOT ONE LIGHTBULB ' ...............
                          from the last time, it was gone for good !
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

                            Buy one now before they "glow away" forever!
                            Geeeeee they never glow.... Excitement over ""LIGHTBULB""
                            That Disney replace.......
                            Just like me at Disneyland..........LOL
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like that the iconic MSEP greeting, which has been used for almost 50 years, will be changed when it returns. The new greeting will based on new Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights greeting that embarce inclusivity.

                              Comment

                              Get Away Today Footer

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X