Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post
    There's no utopia where Chapek is kicked to curb and suddenly it's 1969 again. Enjoy the present for what is there and let the past be the past, and enjoy it too, in it's own way.
    I think for many like myself going back to these boards and before while following Al Lutz DIG updates I think as Disney fans, much like being a fan of a sports team, you can love the team, love this history, love the players and different eras and team incarnations, but such love doesn’t require a purity test that if you don’t love everything, including ownership, then you are not a fan.

A person can love Disneyland, Disney and some of its offerings, while loathing DIsney’s executive management team and in some instances underwhelming offerings (like Avengers Campus).

I have no illusions of Disney being like 1969 again and it is a roll of the dice if Chapek’s eventual successor and executive team will be any better or worse than the current Disney executive team.

But I proudly see posters like Eagleman, Mr. Wiggins, Starcade and others here carrying the legacy and, IMO, fair critiques just like how Al offered his opinions along with insider information (and a coffee and danish).

As precious as all our times are, I doubt any of us are on these boards because we are not in some ways fans of Disney in some regard.

I think there is a difference in being a fan and being a diehard promoter. Fans accept the good and the bad; diehard promoter just tend to think everything the Mouse puts out is awesome while willfully ignoring any declining trends and degrees of quality and value.

For some of those the deserved grief Iger took, I still fully respect that he repaired that Pixar relationship with Steve Jobs and was able to eventually buy Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Film and the Fox assets. I also consider what Iger did to ‘save’ DCA remarkable and considering being in that park on June 15th 2012 as amazing and memorable as it was being at Disneyland on July 17th, 2005 during the 50th.

I don’t expect 1969 post-Chapek. But I sincerely hope at the least we get Iger 2.0 and really wouldn’t mind a Eisner/Wells combo either (because as much deserved glory as Walt gets, the best of Disney during the beginning was Walt was the visionary/creative and Roy was the administrative genius that found a means to financially see Walt’s vision through).

I’m a proud Disney fan and also, proudly and with reason at this stage, not a Disney diehard promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
      Shame there were no Walt library additions announced today - if even only a service nod to legacy.
      While they are not from the Walt era, Disney has been doing some deep dives with their toon shorts. Among the shorts that Disney released on Disney+ today, was the Oscar nominated 2006 short, 'The Little Match Girl".

For Walt fans, I recommend watching Destino on Disney+. This art house short originated as a collaboration between Walt Disney and Salvador Dali back in 1954. The short was never finished and was abandoned. Roy E Disney revived the project in 1999 and the film was finally completed after nearly 50 years in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by disneywarcrafts View Post

You are just the same as him, They lose advertising because of YOU TWO. This could be a huge website but you two hold it back. Straight up. If you hate disney, why are you here? You both just go on and on about how bad everything is. It's time for others to stand up to your nonsense.

I also flagged your post for constant hatred towards anything Disney. Every single post is an anti Disney tirade. You are holding this place back and it would thrive if you were both gone. Flag my post. Matt knows what you guys do here. You take up lots of banwidth and just spread anti Disney nonsense.

I encourage everyone to flag Mr Wiggins and Eagleman for having nothing to do but taint this message board with anti Disney hatred. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Amen. There is a reason these discussion boards are basically dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygatzby View Post

I think for many like myself going back to these boards and before while following Al Lutz DIG updates I think as Disney fans, much like being a fan of a sports team, you can love the team, love this history, love the players and different eras and team incarnations, but such love doesn’t require a purity test that if you don’t love everything, including ownership, then you are not a fan.

A person can love Disneyland, Disney and some of its offerings, while loathing DIsney’s executive management team ........

But I proudly see posters like Eagleman, Mr. Wiggins, Starcade and others here carrying the legacy and, IMO, fair critiques just like how Al offered his opinions along with insider information (and a coffee and danish).

I’m a proud Disney fan and also, proudly and with reason at this stage, not a Disney diehard promoter.
          THANK YOU for sharing and your kind words !
          I sure miss AL...But still have my coffee and danishlol

I agree with you,
          My life grew up with Disney starting with "Uncle Walt" on Sunday nights.
          But I'm not a Today Disney diehard promoter..........with the type Business
          that Today Disney Leadership have show en ,for years now!
          I guess that why ,I miss Al Lutz DIG updates....................
          IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
            https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...235040516/amp/

I don’t think the well-deserved firing hurt the platform.

Somehow I think this thread has more to do with losing a culture war than Disneyland and Chapek.
            As Evelyn Beatrice Hall imagined Voltaire might have said about a similar situation... I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. I have young children right now, so I have to put off the death part until they're 18; however, I hope when they are in their 20s they will accept the nobility of this sentiment. Thank you for expressing your opinion in a measured, thoughtful and respectful way.

Maybe....I will defend you even if it means the loss of my Mice Chat privileges??

Comment

From today's MiceChat Disneyland Update:

"Disney+ seems to be falling into a lot of corporate discussions these days as CEO Bob Chapek has placed Disney’s streaming services right at the heart of the whole company. But with new subscribers slowing, a lack of new programming to keep folks renewing, challenging times may be ahead for some parts of the company. But it’s the comments from Disney’s senior executives calling their customers fat and misleading investors about the popularity of the Magic Key program that have us most concerned. There’s certainly been a change in tone and priorities at the company. Worrisome.

"But it looks like shareholders are finally catching wise to what’s going on. Disney’s stock tumbled nearly 5% on the news and hasn’t recovered since."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Disney+ is already struggling to meet expectations. Disgruntled Disney fans have an opportunity here to force out management by canceling Disney+ and turning the already disappointing numbers worse. I know some of you think it won't fall on Chapek's shoulders, but he's the man at the top and if Disney stock continues to get hammered by poor Disney+ performance, he will get the blame eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamandua View Post
                  Disney+ is already struggling to meet expectations. Disgruntled Disney fans have an opportunity here to force out management by canceling Disney+ and turning the already disappointing numbers worse. I know some of you think it won't fall on Chapek's shoulders, but he's the man at the top and if Disney stock continues to get hammered by poor Disney+ performance, he will get the blame eventually.
                  I reading canceling on the news.........
                  As you said expectations for Disney+ ,is not there ,
                  as well the price also went up on the subscription

.......and disappointing numbers getting worse.

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X