Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney needs to issue partial refunds for Dream Key holders.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney needs to issue partial refunds for Dream Key holders.

February is already gone? Seriously?

We're paying an exorbitant amount for these "no blackout day" passes and are getting absolutely reamed.

We did get a couple for January, had to completely miss December. Like, this is ridiculous. It's absolute bs.

And then looking at the ticket calendar, everything is available, what the heck Disney?

They have to do some sort of compensation for this, a partial refund, something. This has to get huge, very public backlash. As is, a freaking Disney pass costs the same as multiple YEARS for other parks.

Geeeeeee
    I would not count ,on any refunds from Disney........

Company is running on Greed

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by NGW View Post
      Not to dispute your overall point, but I don't think most of February is available yet for MK reservations as it is more than 90 days out.

Comment

We're paying an exorbitant amount for these "no blackout day" passes and are getting absolutely reamed.

We did get a couple for January, had to completely miss December. Like, this is ridiculous. It's absolute bs.

And then looking at the ticket calendar, everything is available, what the heck Disney?

They have to do some sort of compensation for this, a partial refund, something. This has to get huge, very public backlash. As is, a freaking Disney pass costs the same as multiple YEARS for other parks.

Technically and legally speaking they don't 'have' to do anything. The T&Cs were pretty clear. Basically "You pays your money and you takes your chances", reservations weren't guaranteed in any way.

As a good will gesture, they could offer refunds, but first I think they would be entitled to deduct the price of admission for days already used. If a person didn't use their pass at all, they get a full refund. But if they used it, say, 3 times, then deduct the price of 3 single day admissions.

Personally, I think things will get better after the holidays and slots will be much easier to book. It would be silly to ask for a refund now just because one couldn't go around the holidays.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

If by partial refunds you mean raising prices of EVERYTHING, including Dream Keys when the become re-available, then yes, Disney will give us refunds.
          You will eat our sausages

Comment

February is not gone. And neither is January. I just looked and I see plenty of availability for both weekends and weekdays in January and February for both parks on multiple keys. Also, the 90 day Res window has not opened up most of February yet.

Comment

Devils advocate.

Does a tourist family of four get a refund during the Holiday Season when the parks hit capacity and they can’t go in one day?........

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                Devils advocate.

Does a tourist family of four get a refund during the Holiday Season when the parks hit capacity and they can’t go in one day?........
                That's a very interesting question!!! If I had a 5 day hopper and 5 days to use them, what would they do if I was 'blocked out" of one day due to capacity? I really have no idea! Under the reservation system that wouldn't happen as my ticket would be linked to a reservation. But under the 'old' system I suppose I'd be (pardon my French) SoL, unless I got a particularly sympathetic CM.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I don't feel like I deserve a refund for lack of available days, quite the opposite actually. However I do feel cheated by the fact that there still isn't a whole lot of entertainment offerings. No World of Color for the foreseeable future, no Fantasmic until February (From what I've been told). Nothing in the fantasyland theatre. Disney is bringing back some of the entertainment, which is a step in the right direction. But it still feels like there isn't a whole lot quite yet.

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like people without the MK get more priority on reserving tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                      Is it just me or does it seem like people without the MK get more priority on reserving tickets?
                      It's not just you.
                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

There’s no mystery here. It’s there for everyone to see

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ava...Segment=ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Deez Nutz View Post

Not to dispute your overall point, but I don't think most of February is available yet for MK reservations as it is more than 90 days out.
                          I will dispute it. The OP is incorrect as only the first two days of February are currently available for both parks and the other days aren't release yet.
                          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

They don't have to do anything. People bought these passes with it clearly known a reservation is needed and they are limited. Buyer beware. Which is why I have not bought one yet.
                            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Thumperrrrr View Post

There’s no mystery here. It’s there for everyone to see
                              Holy cow! I mean, I was just saying because that's all I've been reading about here and on Twitter. I never once bothered to look at the Disney site as I'm not a MK holder. It all makes sense now....

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
                                I don't feel like I deserve a refund for lack of available days, quite the opposite actually. However I do feel cheated by the fact that there still isn't a whole lot of entertainment offerings. No World of Color for the foreseeable future, no Fantasmic until February (From what I've been told). Nothing in the fantasyland theatre. Disney is bringing back some of the entertainment, which is a step in the right direction. But it still feels like there isn't a whole lot quite yet.
                                in all fairness you knew none of that was running with no return time set when you bought your Magic Key so why would you feel cheated? I 100% agree the parks are lacking without those elements and I hope it does come back soon
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

in all fairness you knew none of that was running with no return time set when you bought your Magic Key so why would you feel cheated? I 100% agree the parks are lacking without those elements and I hope it does come back soon
                                  Yeah, you're right. I worded it wrongly for sure. It's just more of a disappointment that they seemingly didn't put the entertainment at the top of the priority list. Even worse so that they put all this time into the app development and parks through the phone approach, which I'm not against. But if they're charging a premium price they need to be delivering a premium product, which they are not in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post

Yeah, you're right. I worded it wrongly for sure. It's just more of a disappointment that they seemingly didn't put the entertainment at the top of the priority list. Even worse so that they put all this time into the app development and parks through the phone approach, which I'm not against. But if they're charging a premium price they need to be delivering a premium product, which they are not in my opinion.
                                    I don't disagree at all. Not trying to be a Disney Apologist here at all but my take on the entertainment has been still trying to apply some level of COVID protocol especially in California. I hope they have not looked at cutting entertainment as a cost saving measure but with Chapek anything is possible. I am taking my daughter to Disneyland this coming June for her high school graduation trip and am really hoping the parks are more normal by then.
                                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I would hope people paying full price get priority over discount pass holders, or the board should be firing somebody.
                                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                                        Devils advocate.

LOL Interesting......
                                        love how you use-Devils advocate when chatting about Di$ney
                                        Goes well together IMO

I think - they should.......But have no ideal ,what Disney answer would be
                                        the way they doing business !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X