• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure miss.......Golden Horseshoe Revue at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I really have a tough time understanding why the food here is so bad.
      I liked a cheeseburger I got there about ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Because the food is cheap (in Disney Dollars).

FYI for everyone, the better value alternative is the Golden Horseshoe , instead of Tomorrowland Terrace.
        I kid you not, whenever I've had friends or family with me in the parks who are not experienced, EXPLICITLY TO AVOID TERRACE OR PIZZA PLANET, I will keep them mostly in the west side of the park, just for the HOPE that they will pick something either higher quality like Zocalo or French Market, but also because if they suddenly are just TOO hungry to even consider options, I can just point and go "There's hungry bear for burgers, there's Stage door for corn dogs, there's royal street or harbor galley for bread bowl soups, and there's bengal and hideaway for roughly Asian style street treats."

I GET that terrace is cheap, and it LOOKS like it will be fast... But if you literally just go over to the other side of the park, there are infinitely more things that are better, about the same price or cheaper, and with tons more hideaway places to sit and eat. And yes, stagedoor/horseshoe absolutely KILLs it if you want cheap fried Americana food. $10 corn dog with fries will ALWAYS beat burgers and sandwiches from terrace.

Comment

Originally posted by allretired View Post
          Steakhouse 55!!!
          Oh...............wait...............Never mind.

Why do you gotta bring ole Granvilles into this?

Red Rose Cafe has good breakfast options and you get to see families having fun before their day implodes into crying kids and crying adults wanting to go to DCA for a drink.

Pass on Galactic grill. When it was themed it was great, bands playing, stormtroopers and Darth Vader doing their show. Now it has the magic of taking the monorail over Nemo and seeing all the full on not worried about preserving the magic construction going on. Also side eyeing toontown construction for the same thing. Lack of magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I think because Tomorrowland itself is in such a poor state, the food is also set up to fail. Galaxy's Edge does a better job capturing the art of "futuristic" meals because (credit where credit is due) the land is properly themed.
            I completely agree, I feel that has a lot to do with it.
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

I liked a cheeseburger I got there about ten years ago.
              10 years ago was about the last time they had food that was edible. lol Still hard to believe they can mess up a burger and fries, I know that is a busy location so maybe my standards are just to high. I just feel for the price point it should be better.
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                But something about this ONE place seems to just attract people who are hungry and desperate, even if they could literally walk 200 feet south to plaza inn, 100 feet east to pizza planet (at least the place always has seating, and food is premade), or hoof it an extra few minutes to rose tavern or jolly holiday or cafe zocalo, and get something INFINITELY better.
                One of the great things about Disneyland's small footprint is that its so easy to get from place to place. The Florida parks are so spread out that if you want different options you really have to think if its worth it to walk to the other side of the park. Epcot can be particularly brutal in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by disneywarcrafts View Post

red rose cafe has good breakfast options and you get to see families having fun before their day implodes into crying kids and crying adults wanting to go to dca for a drink.
                  lol!

Comment

$10 corn dog with fries will ALWAYS beat burgers and sandwiches from terrace.
                    I still waiting , for a Corn Dog with a loopI like inversion food .
                    Maybe the price, is the loop
                    -lol

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Dine: Mint Julep Bar. Gotta have Beignets as a snack every trip. Also try to go to either the French Market or Cafe Orleans each trip.

Pass: Tomorrowland Terrace. Although I remember getting a pretty decent breakfast there years ago almost as good as River Belle Terrace used to have.

Comment

Dine: Bengal Barbecue; good value, solid protein

Pass: Pizza Planet; just gross

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                          Pizza
                          I agree.....one can get Pizza anytime........Pizza Planet worth passing by!
                          "GROSS"
                          IMO

Last edited by Eagleman; 11-14-2021, 06:18 PM.
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by UT Terp View Post

Pass: Tomorrowland Terrace. Although I remember getting a pretty decent breakfast there years ago almost as good as River Belle Terrace used to have.
                            Your Right....years ago
                            I use to a get a fastdecent breakfast there,as well !
                            But like other place in the parks - Food went down hill ,as price went up.
                            Same goes for River Belle Terrace!-Sad
                            IMO
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 11-14-2021, 06:31 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by UT Terp View Post
                              Dine: Mint Julep Bar. Gotta have Beignets as a snack every trip. Also try to go to either the French Market or Cafe Orleans each trip.
                              I Enjoy Mint Julep ,and have Beignets as well
                              and feel French Market or Cafe Orleans,still good place's to eat........
                              and good view of ~River of American~ to watch river Boats pass by !
                              IMO
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 11-14-2021, 06:52 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Dine: Carthay Circle. The spicy meatballs, scallops, and salmon with soba noodles are perfect. Plus, the staff always makes us feel like we are home. It’s the one location in either park where we feel confident in the consistency and quality of the dishes and drinks.

Pass: Magic Key Terrace. The balcony view was pretty good, but our food last night was borderline cold for being so expensive. Personally, I feel as though they shouldn’t list it as having a dinner menu since each item is really an $18 appetizer. We left wishing we had ordered our usual full meals at Carthay earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                                  Dine: Bengal Barbecue; good value, solid protein

I agree EXCEPT for the Chicken Fusilli Pasta at Pizza Planet. Put some parmesan cheese and some crushed red peppers and you have a solid "Cheap" meal.

Comment

But following that logic... Have you ever tried DESPERATELY to deter friends and family from eating here on a visit. Giving them all the other options, emphasized placed with better food, better prices, better SEATING?!?! And yet you still end up here eating subpar burger and fries instead of higher quality stuff at hungry bear or flame jumpers?

It ain't just that it's emergency food. I don't know if it's just, it's placement in an "open" section of the park, or maybe all the windows that people who aren't familiar with the park must think are all open and thus will result in faster service... But something about this ONE place seems to just attract people who are hungry and desperate, even if they could literally walk 200 feet south to plaza inn, 100 feet east to pizza planet (at least the place always has seating, and food is premade), or hoof it an extra few minutes to rose tavern or jolly holiday or cafe zocalo, and get something INFINITELY better. I swear, there is some kind of curse on this restaurant that just makes non-locals go "yes, here is the place I will give up and settle for," because it's always here.
                                    The high visibility is probably part of it, but I would also point to how comprehensible it appears to people who aren't intimately familiar with Disneyland. It's a burger joint with order and pick-up windows that you just walk up to, and then go find a table (luck permitting). There's no identifiable theming that might make people worry about whether the food will try to be "cute" (and potentially detract from its taste and/or satisfaction). The food items themselves are familiar, and even picky children will generally go for French fries. Disneyland can be overwhelming and disorienting to newbies, but Tomorrowland Terrace is something they can understand.

As to my own submissions to the thread:

DINE: Red Rose Taverne: Surprisingly good for what you might be tempted to dismiss as a "burger and pizza place." Also has nice interior decor and ambient music.
                                    PASS: Pizza Planet: I used to love the salads here, but the ingredient quality took a nosedive some years back, even before the remodel which stripped away all the cool Tomorrowland nostalgia elements. Bleh.
                                    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Your Right....years ago
                                      I use to a get a fastdecent breakfast there,as well !
                                      But like other place in the parks - Food went down hill ,as price went up.
                                      Same goes for River Belle Terrace!-Sad
                                      IMO
                                      River Belle Terrace - so sad! I hate to even think about it. I tried to stick to places that people could actually enjoy still for this board.... River Belle felt SO indulgent and cozy early in the morning. Loved it! It had Carnation Cafe beat because of the views. Also quieter, because crowds didn't build up in Adventureland that early.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post

I agree EXCEPT for the Chicken Fusilli Pasta at Pizza Planet. Put some parmesan cheese and some crushed red peppers and you have a solid "Cheap" meal.
                                        That is really good to know about! I get dragged in here every couple trips (because I have to bow to group pressure sometimes - if I go "commando tour guide" on them all the time, the family starts to ignore me, so I have to pick my battles and let them decide where to eat. I can tolerate blah food better than other things). So when I do end up in here, it helps to have some options.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post

DINE: Red Rose Taverne: Surprisingly good for what you might be tempted to dismiss as a "burger and pizza place." Also has nice interior decor and ambient music.
                                          PASS: Pizza Planet: I used to love the salads here, but the ingredient quality took a nosedive some years back, even before the remodel which stripped away all the cool Tomorrowland nostalgia elements. Bleh.
                                          I was actually thinking Red Rose as a suggestion, but I haven't been in that dinery yet - I just enjoyed it when it was the Pinocchio/Gheppetto(?) theme, but the discussion was clear about only reporting on places we have tried. Funny, I don't seem to get over to that particular nook as much since the Skyway shut down.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X