Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Restaurant Rankings (based on MC commenters)

DINE:
    Cafe Orleans: 4
    Carnation Cafe:2
    Red Rose Taverne: 2
    Carthay Circle: 1
    French Market: 1
    Bengal Barbecue: 1
    Golden Horseshoe:1
    Hungry Bear: 1
    Jolly Holiday Bakery: 1
    Lamplight Lounge: 1
    Mint Julep Bar: 1
    Napa Rose(Chef's Counter):1
    Plaza Inn: 1

PASS:
    Tomorrowland Terrace AKA Galactic Grill: 7
    Pizza Planet:3
    River Belle Terrace: 2
    Blue Bayou: 1
    Carthay Circle: 1
    Lamplight Lounge: 1
    Oga's Cantina: 1
    Pym Test Kitchens:1
    Sonoma Terrace AKA Magic Key Terrace: 1

VARIED RECEPTION:
    Carthay Circle Theater:2
    Pizza Planet: 1
    Oga's Cantina: 1
    Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 12-14-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      Current Restaurant Rankings (based on MC commenters)

PASS:
      Tomorrowland Terrace AKA Galactic Grill: 7
      Pizza Planet:3
      This reaffirms my belief that Tomorrowland collectively should be leveled. Spare nothing but Space Mountain.

Comment

Dine: Flo's...we were just getting to eat there more before Covid struck...and it's kind of hard to make a change...

Pass: Tomorrowland Terrace...daughter wanted to try it...haven't been back...this was my family's go to restaurant way back when we went for our once a year Disneyland trip...
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Thanks Spongeocto4 for the summary.

If I had to choose one for each park it would be
          Dine
          DL - Hungry Bear for a meal, with an honorable mention to Bengal BBQ for a snack
          DCA - Carthay as have had nothing but good experiences in the past with an honorable mention to Smokejumpers Grill for a faster option

Pass
          DL - Galactic Grill - food has been edible but there is so much potential that it is sad
          DCA - only one can say is Lamplight Lounge as have tried several times to get in but have never been successful

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
            DINE: Napa Rose Chef's Counter. It's ridiculous, and so expensive, but a fun treat. We go once or twice a year, and have always had good service. One time they over heard me talking about how much I love brussels sprouts, and the chef came over to say that one of their cooks made amazing brussels sprouts, and she had him make me some right then and there. I love that you don't order, just bring me all the yummy food. Lastly, I love getting the wine pairing! We are going next week for the first time post pandemic - I hope it hasn't suffered.

PASS: Lamplight Lounge. Mediocre cocktails, and I haven't had good luck with their food, either. The potato skins and donuts are good, but I'm not a fan of anything else on their menu. There is a short rib dish during the holidays this year that I want to try. Maybe that will be good!

Follow up after my visit!

Napa Rose Chef's Counter - Not only did it not suffer, it got better! They only do one seating a night now, Friday - Sunday. So there is no rush to finish. They increased the number of courses. They moved away from just serving you smaller portions of menu items. Our server was attentive and informative. They raised the prices, but was still worth it.

Lamplight Lounge - Still not my favorite, but the short ribs were amazing!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X