Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion Front Door Chime sound?

Recently I was at a hardware store that had a bunch of chimes and one of them had the exact sound of the chimes at Haunted Mansion when you get near the front door. Kind of a lower pitch. But when I went back to that store to buy them they had sold it and didn't have any clue about what I was talking about. So I was wondering if any Hanuted Mansion aficionados know what type of chimes sound they have playing there?

I found this on YouTube. Is this what you saw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtpDY6fGKsk

Comment

No I'm talking about the wind chime sounds you hear as you are walking through the line near the front door. Most people probably don't pay attention to them. I've never heard any video on YouTube that had the chimes.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
        No I'm talking about the wind chime sounds you hear as you are walking through the line near the front door. Most people probably don't pay attention to them. I've never heard any video on YouTube that had the chimes.
        Well, I guess this is another little thing I'm going to have to pay attention to. I've never heard any wind chimes. Do they have a particular 'melody' or are they just random wind chimes?
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

tarheelalum I think you can hear them on track 105 "Haunted Mansion Introduction" on this page: https://www.disneychris.com/15-disneyland-soundtracks/133-disneyland-audio-tour-chapter-7.html

Is that what you mean?
          Last edited by JoFi; 11-10-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
            tarheelalum I think you can hear them on track 105 "Haunted Mansion Introduction" on this page: https://www.disneychris.com/15-disneyland-soundtracks/133-disneyland-audio-tour-chapter-7.html

Is that what you mean?
            Thanks for the link, that's a cool website
            Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

Thanks for the link, that's a cool website
              He has catalogued literally every noise Disneyland makes, or did make. It's really fun!

Comment

He has catalogued literally every noise Disneyland makes, or did make. It's really fun!
                I thought I was well versed in Disney audio, but the site you linked is the deepest archive I've seen.

These kinds of discoveries are why I love these forums.
                Brian the Pooh

Comment

Is that what you mean?
                  It's not 105 but with all of the tracks he has on that website he very well may have it somewhere. But 105 is highly produced background music. This is simply a very clear recording of wind chimes that are not your normal high pitch wind chimes. I was able to find some wind chimes of Mozart's that sound about 95% accurate. Mozart is in the public domain and has been for years so Disney wouldn't have to pay to use them but that is probably the best I can do. If anyone is going to Disneyland any time soon listen closely as you walk through the queue especially as you near the main front door of the Mansion and you will hear them. If anyone is interested here is a link to the ones I bought. They are very close but I think a bit too high pitched maybe. But it has been since Halloween 2019 since I've been there so who knows.

https://www.chimes.com/products/chimes-of-mozart-large

Click on the product video on this link to listen to the clip.

Comment

It's not 105 but with all of the tracks he has on that website he very well may have it somewhere. But 105 is highly produced background music. This is simply a very clear recording of wind chimes that are not your normal high pitch wind chimes. I was able to find some wind chimes of Mozart's that sound about 95% accurate. Mozart is in the public domain and has been for years so Disney wouldn't have to pay to use them but that is probably the best I can do. If anyone is going to Disneyland any time soon listen closely as you walk through the queue especially as you near the main front door of the Mansion and you will hear them. If anyone is interested here is a link to the ones I bought. They are very close but I think a bit too high pitched maybe. But it has been since Halloween 2019 since I've been there so who knows.

https://www.chimes.com/products/chimes-of-mozart-large

Click on the product video on this link to listen to the clip.
                    Well you've given me something new to pay attention to for my next visit.

I feel silly saying this, but since you mentioned you went during Halloween, were you referring to the holiday music box?

Probably not, but I do have a fondness for that music.
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

I do not believe the background music in the outdoor queue changes, but then again I cannot say for sure. Maybe I'll check to see if the doom buggy website guy is still around. It's really driving me crazy!!

Comment

Maybe message HBG2. He hasn't been on here in a few weeks, but if anyone would know it would be him.
                        Brian the Pooh

Comment

I do not believe the background music in the outdoor queue changes, but then again I cannot say for sure. Maybe I'll check to see if the doom buggy website guy is still around. It's really driving me crazy!!
                          You know, those chimes do sound like the music box 'Grim Grinning Ghosts' they play outside the Mansion during HMH. If it's real busy and noisy nearby/in the queue it's not always easy to hear the whole thing, you might just get little snatches of the tune here and there. I know I stood for quite a while outside the Mansion listening to try to catch the whole tune in one go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHRlCHukoA
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Doesn't that music box music also play, year round, in the Phantom Manor queue?
                            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                              Yes, it does.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                                At Disneyland, they play it year round by the fastpass kiosks (are they still around?). I still associate it with the holiday overlay though.
                                Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

At Disneyland, they play it year round by the fastpass kiosks (are they still around?). I still associate it with the holiday overlay though.
                                  I'm not sure if that's a permanent thing now, but they have been playing it recently around the former FastPass Distribution area during the non holiday overlay/normal mansion. I think it started in 2019 and I always just thought that they forgot to deactivate it that year. That area, and the garden in general towards the corner by the New Orleans Square station is definitely the clearest place to hear it. It's pretty difficult to hear in the queue itself and I'm not sure it even plays in there or is just inaudible over the crowd.
                                  "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                                  "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

You know, those chimes do sound like the music box 'Grim Grinning Ghosts' they play outside the Mansion during HMH. If it's real busy and noisy nearby/in the queue it's not always easy to hear the whole thing, you might just get little snatches of the tune here and there. I know I stood for quite a while outside the Mansion listening to try to catch the whole tune in one go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHRlCHukoA
                                    I've heard that music before but the chimes I'm referring to are just chimes, at slower pace and a deeper pitch.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X