Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wearing masks

i've seen recent videos of people at Disneyland and i see that a lot of people are not wearing masks even when they literally standing right next to someone. are masks not unforced at any point? if i want to feel comfortable being at the park, i want to be sure that the people around me are staying safe. until this calms down, its going to take me a few years before i feel completely safe to travel internationally and be at the park.

Outdoors masks aren't required. As you walk indoors, there's often someone politely reminding you to put on your mask. Often many people in a queue will not bother with masks.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Comment

Masks are not required for anyone outdoors, but they are required for everyone indoors. Many queue lines begin outdoors and then move indoors (POC, HM). Some queue lines are completely outdoors (BTM). And on Space Mountain the queue is indoor, then outdoor, then indoor again. Masks are going up and down while in that line.

CMs are back to asking you to “fill all available space” in queue lines. So yes, you will be right next to people while in line, many not wearing masks.

There are usually CMs reminding masks to be worn when the queues move indoors.

In September we never saw a guest fight against the indoor mask requirement. And I would say about 1/4-1/3 of guests were wearing masks outdoors. Although on the two days that hit close to 100 degrees, guests wearing masks outdoors became a much rarer sight.

Hopefully that information helps you make your decision. We really enjoyed our September visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymi View Post
        i've seen recent videos of people at Disneyland and i see that a lot of people are not wearing masks even when they literally standing right next to someone. are masks not unforced at any point? if i want to feel comfortable being at the park, i want to be sure that the people around me are staying safe. until this calms down, its going to take me a few years before i feel completely safe to travel internationally and be at the park.
        One less person in the park then. It's always clearly been said, that if you don't feel comfortable, then stay home. But no masks are required outside at DL. Distancing isn't even required. And lo and behold, there have been no outbreaks at DL.
        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Knott's Berry Farm doesn't require them at all if you're vaccinated
          Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

One less person in the park then. It's always clearly been said, that if you don't feel comfortable, then stay home. But no masks are required outside at DL. Distancing isn't even required. And lo and behold, there have been no outbreaks at DL.
            That does not mean that no one has gotten COVID from visiting the park. It just means they can no prove that that is where the infection came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
              Knott's Berry Farm doesn't require them at all if you're vaccinated
              I assume OC does not have a mask mandate?

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                I assume OC does not have a mask mandate?
                Correct. OC has been a bastion of anti-mask sentiment since 2020, when threats from anti-maskers forced the OC chief health officer out of office.

Orange County health officer who mandated face masks resigns after facing threats and protests at her home

OC Officials Express Concern Over Death Threat to Public Health Officer Over Mask Order

O.C. health officer quits after receiving threats over mask requirement order

No proof of vaccination is needed to enter DLR. Masks are not required outdoors -- even when people are packed shoulder-to-shoulder as in these MiceChat Update photos from last month:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=8648940&d=1635217137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.7 KB ID:	8650234

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=8648941&d=1635217233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	8650235

Masks are required on indoor rides. (Good luck with DLR's understaffed and overworked CMs being able to enforce it.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Deleted: Point made
                  Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 11-20-2021, 10:15 PM.
                  Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post

That does not mean that no one has gotten COVID from visiting the park. It just means they can no prove that that is where the infection came from.
                    Correct, just like it is almost impossible to say where anyone gets it from.
                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

No proof of vaccination is needed to enter DLR. Masks are not required outdoors -- even when people are packed shoulder-to-shoulder as in these MiceChat Update photos from last month:

And I love seeing the shoulder to shoulder photos again. Makes everything seem normal again.

Comment

I would disagree with the statement that they cannot figure out where the virus came from. Just last week a major outbreak was determined to have come from a series of concerts two weeks ago at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Multiple health departments around the country in different states contacted the patients and did contact tracing. They determined that the people who came down with the virus had all attended the same concert. They all had the same substrain of the virus. They all complained that the concert venue had poor air conditioning and... Nobody was wearing their masks despite a requirement for 100% masking. And we know Las Vegas isn't monitoring anything.

So they are still looking and can still prove outbreaks even in a virus that has spread to at least 100 million people in the US. It's just not happening everywhere. As case rates decline it makes it easier for health departments to research and trace again, so if an outbreak were to occur at Disneyland it is more likely as time goes by that it would be identified.

Comment

I love it here in Orange County. Huntington Beach was one of the only places in California that had clubs open last year, and we got high-profile entertainers to come as a result. We also kept our beaches open longer than most. It was a lot of fun.

As far as the health officer quitting, I agree that it was highly inappropriate to make threats at her home, but I also think it's inappropriate for that to be an unelected position. Just my take.
                          Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 11-20-2021, 08:11 PM.
                          Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post
                            I would disagree with the statement that they cannot figure out where the virus came from. Just last week a major outbreak was determined to have come from a series of concerts two weeks ago at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Multiple health departments around the country in different states contacted the patients and did contact tracing. They determined that the people who came down with the virus had all attended the same concert. They all had the same substrain of the virus. They all complained that the concert venue had poor air conditioning and... Nobody was wearing their masks despite a requirement for 100% masking. And we know Las Vegas isn't monitoring anything.

So they are still looking and can still prove outbreaks even in a virus that has spread to at least 100 million people in the US. It's just not happening everywhere. As case rates decline it makes it easier for health departments to research and trace again, so if an outbreak were to occur at Disneyland it is more likely as time goes by that it would be identified.
                            Exactly. Anti-maskers and Covid-minimizers continue to use the same bogus logical fallacy that "absence of evidence is proof" (the fallacy is appropriately called argumentum ad ignorantiam -- argument from ignorance).

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

For those interested in the latest mask science, I highly recommend reading this excellent 60+ page summary of what we know at this time: https://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/...g-paper-64.pdf

Additionally another good read on the topic from CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy at University of Minnesota):
                              Part 1: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...-19-protection
                              Part 2: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...y-and-why-most

There are 3 main types of science on the topic:
                              Mechanistic - These are studies done in a lab. For example a mannequin with a mask on. Real world use and controlled lab settings can vary greatly
                              Observational - These will include studies that compare counties, or different schools for example. Heavily impacted by uncontrolled variables
                              Randomized Control Trial - Considered the gold standard in medical evidence.

Cloth masks have failed the only 2 randomized controlled trials (a third is underway in Guinea-Bissau). Denmark they failed at protecting wearers. Bangladesh failed at reducing community transmission in adults. Apparently there have been about a dozen for other respiratory viruses, and most have failed.

I'd highly recommend reading these articles if you have strong beliefs in either direction on masking. They are balanced and explain what we know and don't know very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post

Why I said almost impossible.

Just went to Vegas for the 4th time since the "pandemic" began. I don't wear a mask and I have been fine. Not an anti-masker as one likes to say. Just don't feel it is necessary and I have not gotten sick.

But thank you for the info about the concert.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                                  Not an anti-masker as one likes to say.
                                  Let's not fib to the forum, shall we?

In the aftermath of the Orange County anti-mask protests, you posted on August 22, 2020:

Originally posted by TacAlert
                                  Proud to be an anti masker. Living to tell about it also.

When called out for not caring about the nearly 200,000 people who had died from COVID at that time, your callous reply was:

Originally posted by TacAlert
                                  People die. That is a fact of life. Do you get this emotional when someone dies in a car accident? Do you get this emotional when someone dies from cancer? Do you get this emotional when someone gets shot and dies? No, I didn't think so.

So when it is OK though to kill an entire economy and put people out of their businesses they worked so hard for something I have a 99.95% chance of surviving.....yeah, I guess I am twisted.

Oh for the car crash, you have an almost 1% chance of dying in one. Still see cars on the road though. We haven't shut them down yet.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

When called out for not caring about the nearly 200,000 people who had died from COVID at that time, your callous reply was:

My stalker is back. Yeah. Not an anti masker in the way you think it means. And yes, people die. I will never change my attitude towards that. Sad that more people have died this year in the USA than last from Covid. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Comment

Exactly. Anti-maskers and Covid-minimizers continue to use the same bogus logical fallacy that "absence of evidence is proof" (the fallacy is appropriately called argumentum ad ignorantiam -- argument from ignorance).
                                      But there is actually evidence that the threat of outbreak is exaggerated. In the debate lounge, you posted this article explaining how people were exaggerating the threat for politically charged reasons. And now you're saying the opposite in the main forum.

Perhaps I'm arguing from ignorance, as you suggest, but then again, I'm just reposting an article you put up🤷‍♂️

Brian the Pooh

Comment

The same people who complain about negativity on the forums kind of don’t realize that they are part of the problem.

Anywho, carry on.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X