Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good neighborhood hotels

I have a question about the Majestic Gardens Anaheim Hotel. I wanted to book a 5 day trip and stay in the luxury suites but I'm reading a lot of bad things about the experience.. is there anyone here that stayed there recently or has advice on whether to risk it or not?

Where are you reading a lot of bad things about the experience?

Comment

And FYI, the "Good Neighbor" designation is meaningless in terms of quality or experience. Only means that you can book direct through Disney but you can often find better rates and more favorable cancelation terms by booking direct with the property.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPilot View Post
        And FYI, the "Good Neighbor" designation is meaningless in terms of quality or experience. Only means that you can book direct through Disney but you can often find better rates and more favorable cancelation terms by booking direct with the property.
        I AGREE..........
        I think booking direct with the property is the best way......
        But for sure ,I would NOT go threw with Disney!
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by mpvandew94 View Post
          I have a question about the Majestic Gardens Anaheim Hotel. I wanted to book a 5 day trip and stay in the luxury suites but I'm reading a lot of bad things about the experience.. is there anyone here that stayed there recently or has advice on whether to risk it or not?
          I stayed there during my March 2020 shut down trip. The Hotel was fine, but the vibe for it comes slightly across as a 'Premium Motel'. The lobby area is very nice, but you notice the shift to "mid-level motel style rooms" in the halls. Because my room was on the 2nd floor, you had to take an elevator or stairs up, but then you had to go down another flight of stairs to your floor (think of it as Floor 1.5). Basically the lobby's upper floors are between level of the hotel rooms. It also can be a bit of a walk, depending on your room's location.

There were some matinence issues in the hotel, like missing ceiling tiles. Or how there was one day during my trip, when all the ground floor bathrooms were all out of order. Guests had to walk to the tower rooms to use one of the bathrooms in a vacant hotel room.

The benefit of staying there is, they have a complimentary shuttle that goes directly to the parks. Even after the parks shut down, the hotel still offer the free service, but to visit Downtown Disney which was still open. It was a nice gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats2 View Post
            Where are you reading a lot of bad things about the experience?
            google reviews, tripadvisor, yelp, expedia, etc :/

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I AGREE..........
              I think booking direct with the property is the best way......
              But for sure ,I would NOT go threw with Disney!
              IMO
              agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

I stayed there during my March 2020 shut down trip. The Hotel was fine, but the vibe for it comes slightly across as a 'Premium Motel'. The lobby area is very nice, but you notice the shift to "mid-level motel style rooms" in the halls. Because my room was on the 2nd floor, you had to take an elevator or stairs up, but then you had to go down another flight of stairs to your floor (think of it as Floor 1.5). Basically the lobby's upper floors are between level of the hotel rooms. It also can be a bit of a walk, depending on your room's location.

There were some matinence issues in the hotel, like missing ceiling tiles. Or how there was one day during my trip, when all the ground floor bathrooms were all out of order. Guests had to walk to the tower rooms to use one of the bathrooms in a vacant hotel room.

The benefit of staying there is, they have a complimentary shuttle that goes directly to the parks. Even after the parks shut down, the hotel still offer the free service, but to visit Downtown Disney which was still open. It was a nice gesture.
                thank you so much for the insightful response, definitely gives me a lot to think over...

That said, could you recommend a few hotels, motel price to even 4 star, that are worth looking into?

Comment

Honestly, any of the hotels on S. Harbor are decent stays for a fairly reasonable price and allow for you to walk to the parks without too much of an issue. The main reason for this is that they are trying to compete with the Disney hotels, so they up their game to be more appealing, which means decent to good rooms that are clean, good accommodations, and good room service. The only one I would avoid is the Anaheim Maingate Inn which was tacky, had an abandoned lot where the pool used to be, and because of its weird location, has a harder time with buses and transportation to and from the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                    Honestly, any of the hotels on S. Harbor are decent stays for a fairly reasonable price and allow for you to walk to the parks without too much of an issue. The main reason for this is that they are trying to compete with the Disney hotels, so they up their game to be more appealing, which means decent to good rooms that are clean, good accommodations, and good room service. The only one I would avoid is the Anaheim Maingate Inn which was tacky, had an abandoned lot where the pool used to be, and because of its weird location, has a harder time with buses and transportation to and from the parks.
                    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind as I narrow down my lodging options.

By the way, your profile icon made me laugh. Thank you for the positive start to my day!

Comment

Originally posted by mpvandew94 View Post

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind as I narrow down my lodging options.

By the way, your profile icon made me laugh. Thank you for the positive start to my day!
                      Glad I can make your day better and happy to help. Also, with how Disneyland is set up, S. Harbor not only has a decent amount of good hotels to choose from, but you can also get all your dining needs met there instead of having to eat in the park. Over on W. Katella Ave, there's a bunch of sit down restaurants you can go to that not only costs about the same as what you'd spend eating in the parks, but has better food, and is much easier to get a place to sit down at, where you can go to PF Chengs, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and McCormick & Schmicks Grille (this one is delicious and has some really great food).

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post

S. Harbor not only has a decent amount of good hotels to choose from, but you can also get all your dining needs met there instead of having to eat in the park. Over on W. Katella Ave, there's a bunch of sit down restaurants you can go to that not only costs about the same as what you'd spend eating in the parks, but has better food, and is much easier to get a place to sit down at, where you can go to PF Chengs, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and McCormick & Schmicks Grille (this one is delicious and has some really great food).
                        Your right....I also get better sleep ,as well
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I've stayed at the Sheraton 4 Points several times and it's now my go-to. What I like is it's a smaller hotel so there's no giant trek from the parking garage to your room so you can make several trips if needed. I stayed at the Hilton on my last stay and while it was nice and all, the parking garage was quite a ways away and requires a separate elevator entirely. You had to request bell service which took ages so at the end of the trip I had to lug everything to my car in one trip. The walk to the parks was also pretty far. The Sheraton is just 10 mins or so to the front gate on Harbor.

Facebook me!
                          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                            I've stayed at the Sheraton 4 Points several times and it's now my go-to. What I like is it's a smaller hotel so there's no giant trek from the parking garage to your room so you can make several trips if needed. I stayed at the Hilton on my last stay and while it was nice and all, the parking garage was quite a ways away and requires a separate elevator entirely. You had to request bell service which took ages so at the end of the trip I had to lug everything to my car in one trip. The walk to the parks was also pretty far. The Sheraton is just 10 mins or so to the front gate on Harbor.
                            I will look into it. I stayed at king's inn my last visit and i was relatively pleased with the service and the nearby accommodations

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X