Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had Disneyland to yourself for a day, what would you do?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If you had Disneyland to yourself for a day, what would you do?

The park is yours and you can do anything and go anywhere you want.

I would bring my kayak and enjoy the Rivers of America, the Jungle Cruise, and Paradise Bay.
    Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 11-20-2021, 12:06 AM.
    Brian the Pooh

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
    The park is yours and you can do and go anywhere you want.

I would bring my kayak and enjoy the Rivers of America, the Jungle Cruise, and Paradise Bay.

3rd Myself- I find it always being peaceful ,to be on Sailing Ship Columbia on the River of America

2nd
    would be Jungle Cruise for part of the day .........

Mostly
    I go around the park over and over "Walt Disney Magic Kingdom" on the Disneyland Rail Road...
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'd walk around all the attractions, see the insides, see how they really work. Especially Rise of the Resistance and Space Mountain, I've never been on Space Mountain when the lights came on and I've been going for over 20 years. Go to the Matterhorn basketball court if it's still there. After I got tired I'd go up to Club 33, have a nice dinner and then go to the Dream Suite and go to bed.

Comment

So many choices:

- Start with breakfast in front of the castle

- Get a similar black and white picture like the classic on Walt did walking through the castle

- I would paddle board around the Rivers of America and Pot C (after the water two water falls)

- Inner tub Jungle Cruise and Small World

- Eat popcorn shrimp and drink a real mint julip inside the Court of Angels

- Play laser tag with friends inside Indiana Jones Adventure and Rise of the Resistance

- Make a five course wine lunch at the Blue Bayou kitchen, eat in the dining area and then take a afternoon nap inside Club 33

- Snorkel inside Finding Nemo subs lagoon

- Ride in the Haunted Mansion playing the Ghostbusters theme song in the background

- Climb Big Thunder, Space, and Matterhorn

- Drive a convertible down the Disneyland parade route

- Take a beer and ‘buzz and fly’ on Smugglers Run

- Have a five course Southern barbecue dinner on the Mark Twain riding around the Rivers of America at sunset when the lights start going on

- Invite foster parents, OC kids in social services, and those in lower income families in areas of Anaheim to enjoy a free day at Disneyland. Food and souvenirs free.

​​​​​​- Last bring out the old Toon Town fireworks factory blast charge to the hub and push it down to kick off that evening’s fireworks

​​​​​- Be a cast member at that evenings performance of Fantasmic

- Do run ride around the park on the Disneyland railroad engine car

​​​​​- Finish the evening writing a journal entry at Walt’s apartment above the Fire House about all I am grateful I enjoyed about Disneyland

- Pay the cast members that work that day 10x their normal daily shift wage

Comment

^ Best day ever
          Brian the Pooh

Comment

^ Best day ever
            x2!!
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Hang out in Walt's apartment with a bottle of Scotch and a bucket of ice.

Comment

Climb the Matterhorn.

Comment

Originally posted by mr wiggins View Post

x2!!
                  x3 🧡

Comment

Many years ago when DL was open until midnight, one of my nephews was about 12 and at about 11PM or so, we would ride Pirates then Haunted Mansion then Pirates...........until closing.

I could see myself doing the same thing again.

Also, having spent the last 50 years in the mechanical world, I would see how the machinery of every ride was built.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                      Many years ago when DL was open until midnight, one of my nephews was about 12 and at about 11PM or so, we would ride Pirates then Haunted Mansion then Pirates...........until closing.

I could see myself doing the same thing again.

Also, having spent the last 50 years in the mechanical world, I would see how the machinery of every ride was built.
                      I bet......You want to know how ,Disneyland tickmechanicaly
                      I can see you doing that all day my Friend !
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                        Hang out in Walt's apartment with a bottle of Scotch and a bucket of ice.
                        Well ....I like to Hang out in Walt's apartment too to take a nape......except I would a "Bottle of PEPSI"
                        lol
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
                          After I got tired I'd go up to Club 33, have a nice dinner and then go to the Dream Suite and go to bed.
                          Oooh, I didn't think of that! Definitely! I've always wanted to watch Fantasmic from the Dream Suite, far from the madding crowd.

Brian the Pooh

Comment

Oooh, I didn't think of that! Definitely! I've always wanted to watch Fantasmic from the Dream Suite, far from the madding crowd.
                            That be nice to do......and I bring my own bottle of "PEPSI"
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Bring in a massive construction crew to rebuild the PeopleMover, and tear down Galaxy’s Edge in favor of Discovery Bay.
                              Disney visits over the years:
                              • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
                              • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
                              • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
                              • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
                              • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
                              • Disneyland, August 2007
                              • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
                              • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
                              • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
                              • Disneyland, June 2013
                              • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
                              • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
                              • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
                              • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

So many good ideas so far. The only thing I would add is electrify an Autopia car and ride it around the park, going from attraction to attraction, so I wouldn't to walk all day.
                                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Cross the yellow line.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                                    So many good ideas so far. The only thing I would add is electrify an Autopia car and ride it around the park, going from attraction to attraction, so I wouldn't to walk all day.
                                    People that have worked at Disneyland have told me they used to drive golf carts around the park at night. Sounds fun.

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                    Cross the yellow line.
                                    Living on the edge
                                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

People that have worked at Disneyland have told me they used to drive golf carts around the park at night. Sounds fun.
                                      I know were I use to work at ......
                                      I would use golf cars
                                      -beat walking!
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would love to zip around on a scooter or a bike. Even when the park is pretty empty you really don't have that much space to yourself. I'd just like to take up as much space as I can without having to worry about bumping into someone.

One minor bonus of the pandemic was biking around downtown Minneapolis in the middle of the day and having so few cars to compete with. It just felt so open and free when you're used to having to share space with so many people.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X