Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had Disneyland to yourself for a day, what would you do?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily in this order:

-Waltz into the Team Disney Anaheim building and start taking pictures left and right.

-Go into Walt's Apartment, Dream Suite, Lilly Belle and any interesting backstage areas, including the Matterhorn basketball half court!

-Charter a yacht on the Rivers of America.

-Go into Club 33, have a meal...then open the restaurant to the public without asking Disney's permission!

-Run the Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, World of Color and Fireworks show...DURING THE DAYTIME!

-Watch the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition on a reprogrammed Soarin (Hey, it's my day!)

-Go and sit at the Sonoma Terrace. Have a drink and think about my life would be like if I actually had a keyholder pass!

-and oh yeah...ride attractions at 3AM!

Comment

Going through the replies again and I saw some things I liked, so I started to really thinking about it. I would still like to drive an Autopia car around the park but if I had the park to myself, I would simply nerd-out. I was offered a position with Disneyland back in the 80s but I had already re-enlisted in the USAF before the offer arrived, so my nerd-out would be to go into all the places I've missed:

- Walk through the Haunted Mansion and POTC
      - Walt's Apartment (naturally)
      - Pilot the Mark Twain
      - Go backstage on Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers run (I love to see how things work)
      - Ride in the cab of the DLRR for one circle tour, then ride in the Lilly Bell for a second
      - Walk IASW
      - Climb into the Matterhorn
      - Ride Space Mountain with the lights on.
      - Take out my own boat on the Jungle Cruise

I limited myself to Disneyland and I would take tons of pictures.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygatzby View Post
        So many choices:

- Start with breakfast in front of the castle

- Get a similar black and white picture like the classic on Walt did walking through the castle

- I would paddle board around the Rivers of America and Pot C (after the water two water falls)

- Inner tub Jungle Cruise and Small World

- Eat popcorn shrimp and drink a real mint julip inside the Court of Angels

- Play laser tag with friends inside Indiana Jones Adventure and Rise of the Resistance

- Make a five course wine lunch at the Blue Bayou kitchen, eat in the dining area and then take a afternoon nap inside Club 33

- Snorkel inside Finding Nemo subs lagoon

- Ride in the Haunted Mansion playing the Ghostbusters theme song in the background

- Climb Big Thunder, Space, and Matterhorn

- Drive a convertible down the Disneyland parade route

- Take a beer and ‘buzz and fly’ on Smugglers Run

- Have a five course Southern barbecue dinner on the Mark Twain riding around the Rivers of America at sunset when the lights start going on

- Invite foster parents, OC kids in social services, and those in lower income families in areas of Anaheim to enjoy a free day at Disneyland. Food and souvenirs free.

​​​​​​- Last bring out the old Toon Town fireworks factory blast charge to the hub and push it down to kick off that evening’s fireworks

​​​​​- Be a cast member at that evenings performance of Fantasmic

- Do run ride around the park on the Disneyland railroad engine car

​​​​​- Finish the evening writing a journal entry at Walt’s apartment above the Fire House about all I am grateful I enjoyed about Disneyland

- Pay the cast members that work that day 10x their normal daily shift wage
        Nailed it! I want to do all of these! I'd only add that I'd want a nap in the dream suite. Cause Our perfect day is at LEAST 36 hours long, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
          Not necessarily in this order:

-Go into Walt's Apartment, Dream Suite, Lilly Belle and any interesting backstage areas, including the Matterhorn basketball half court!

-Go into Club 33, have a meal...then open the restaurant to the public without asking Disney's permission!

-Watch the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition on a reprogrammed Soarin (Hey, it's my day!)
          I would like to steal these for my make-believe trip, thanks.

Comment

I stock the Rivers of America with Catfish and various trout. I’d then bring back Fort Wilderness to its former glory. I’d take out a Keel Boat and fish the various coves along the rivers. After a solid day of fishing I’d drop off most of my haul at the Fort while I cooked mine outside the open fire in front of Mike Finks cabin. After filling my belly with today’s catch, I’d eat some beignets that were brought to me as a thank me from the fold at the Fort.

And of course that would be it for me. I’d lay out my sleeping bag while the fire slowly crackled it’s way out as I dozed off under the great, clear, star-filled sky. The sounds of the DLRR clanking along the tracks in the distance put me fast to sleep.
            Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Drive the train.
              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                I stock the Rivers of America with Catfish and various trout. I’d then bring back Fort Wilderness to its former glory. I’d take out a Keel Boat and fish the various coves along the rivers. After a solid day of fishing I’d drop off most of my haul at the Fort while I cooked mine outside the open fire in front of Mike Finks cabin. After filling my belly with today’s catch, I’d eat some beignets that were brought to me as a thank me from the fold at the Fort.

And of course that would be it for me. I’d lay out my sleeping bag while the fire slowly crackled it’s way out as I dozed off under the great, clear, star-filled sky. The sounds of the DLRR clanking along the tracks in the distance put me fast to sleep.
                Sound like my kind of Fun...
                Love to see......Fort Wilderness to its former glory!
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post

BigThunda that sounds awesome. It would have been amazing camp out there under the stars back in the mid-1970s in Nature’s Wonderland before the Big Thunder Mountain was added to that part of the park.

Comment

BigThunda that sounds awesome. It would have been amazing camp out there under the stars back in the mid-1970s in Nature’s Wonderland before the Big Thunder Mountain was added to that part of the park.
                    Our local mountains.......is not far (and get away from the city's lights)
                    Have to say...... And it is AMAZING to see the wonder ,of the *STAR's* at night......
                    When , I able to be up there.....
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

And I could do whatever I want? That's easy. I'd charge people to get in! 😀

Comment

So many choices:
                        Here, here!

Comment

Fire Chapek and make me the boss!
                          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

So many good ideas here!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X