Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumball Rally Question

Does anyone have a picture of a scorecard from a recent gumball rally they would be willing to upload? My wife and I will be participating for the first time this year and I would like to get an idea of what point values are given to each ride.

The Micechat people collect the questions/scorecard at the end of the day - so they are hard to come by. However, I remember seeing a couple trip reports from a few years back that had pictures of the scorecards - perhaps try searching for them.

Comment

Here's the thing, I have scorebooks from the past 4 rallies. There is no set pattern to scoring. one year it covered both parks with three different books, once you completed a book you returned for the next one. Disneyland had 2 and DCA had one. everything was 1 point each and once you turned in a book it was done and you could only work on your current one. there was one ride that was listed in two books but the question was different each time so you could use the ride twice to increase your score. Another year I went it was Disneyland only with the two book concept however some rides has multiple questions making some rides more valuable than others. I have seen the train around the park be scoreable for each leg as well as having to answer four questions to get only one point. There was one year where fastpass rides were only worth 1 point while all others were worth 2. The micechat staff works hard to make sure the scoring is unique every time the rally takes place and do a great job doing so.Instagram has come into play in recent years so some questions are answered by just a picture of you on a ride. There is also more than just rides, shows and displays such as the main street theater or the Disneyana gallery can come into to play as well. The main thing is no matter how hard you study ride flow and times there will be roadblocks and twists that will make your plans need to be altered, thats the fun of it. Even seasoned pros get thrown for a loop every rally due to the hard work of the Micechat crew to keep the event fresh every year.
      REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X