Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micechat restricted website on Disney wifi

Trying to catch up while riding the buses at WDW and the micechat forums are blocked. 😂🤔

I’m not one for gossip, but so many things came to mind….

lol, that's awful.

Comment

Wait, so Disney actually blocks micechat? That's hilarious 😅. I've always wondered if people at the company read this forum, and this suggests maybe they do.
      Brian the Pooh

Comment

It'd be interesting to see if Disney is blocking other fan forums, social media pages or Youtube channels at WDW. (One has to wonder if there's any correlation with D23.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

It doesn't really do anything. More than likely it's banned across all Disney networks internally, so they just transferred that list of banned sites for employees over to guests as well. Guests just have to use their cellular service now to access it, so it doesn't really restrict access while on Disney property, only while on Disney networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            It'd be interesting to see if Disney is blocking other fan forums, social media pages or Youtube channels at WDW. (One has to wonder if there's any correlation with D23.)

Noting Surprise me about Disney any more................imo
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I saw this post last night so I tried to connect to Disney Wi-Fi and their entire system was down. Looks like their IT department has failed to renew their security certificates so I could not connect unless I bypassed the security warnings on my phone (which I obviously would not do). Since a security certificate would expire at 00:00 this problem had gone on at least 20 hours without being fixed by Disney. Guest Wi-Fi clearly isn't a priority, at least at DLR. I think the last nail in the coffin for free guest Wi-Fi is the long delayed announcement of Magic Bands finally being shipped to California, over 5 years after they wired the park for them. If your phone doesn't get reception you need to pay Disney $34.99 for a chip that costs 1/10th of a cent to make, in a plastic band. They're going to leave the cost of infrastructure improvements to the customer (buy the band) or the wireless providers (Disney will let them install towers such as the 5G TMO array inside the mountain range at Cars Land, but it is at the expense of the carriers).

Comment

Cheapek must have taken umbrage to some of Dusty Sage's articles.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                  Once again It wouldn't Surprise me!
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

And there we have it folks....the Cheapek post.
                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Disney management since Eisner's day has been notoriously thin-skinned about criticism and petty in its retaliation. Even the normally cool-headed Iger got his panties in a bunch over a bad L.A. Times review and banned the Times from Disney premieres; embarrassment over the blowback forced him to recant. That especially goes for the executives below Cheapek, one of whom may be responsible for the ham-handed decision to block fan forums from WDW WiFi.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

And there we have it folks....the Cheapek post.
                        His poor leadership is the source of Disney's problems.

Comment

When I was on one of my trips at DL, I was trying to log on here using their spotty wifi and it wasn't let me. Haters gonna hate I guess

Comment

Cheapek

Lot's of Problems ......LOL
                            IMO

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                            Cheapek, one of whom may be responsible for the ham-handed decision to block fan forums from WDW WiFi.
                            Would not surprise me !
                            IMO
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My post was meant to highlight that so many threads here turn into an anti-Chapek thread which I thought at one point Micechat was trying to stop. But with one part time moderator, I guess it is hard to mod these threads.
                              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I am intrigued if we had this level of communication back in late 90s and early 00's if there would have been the same outrage and hate for Eisner and what he did with the parks. I think that no matter when we started going human tendency will always erase the bad times we had in the parks and remember the good ones so the past we know is always better.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X