Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

Similar.

New Year's Eve 2012 I got on BTMM right before midnight, and with nobody in line rerides were allowed. Then the New Year's fireworks started. And since there was still no line we were able to ride until the fireworks stopped and people started hitting the ride lines again.

In 2014 I was on the Matterhorn at 9 PM when they shot off fireworks from the Castle for the WDW New Year. BTMM went down right before midnight that year, though (never knew if that was intentional or just a typical 101).
    I got to re-ride Magic Kingdom's Big Thunder Mountain back in '06, as nobody was in line. I think fireworks were going off, since I remember them on the ride.

Regarding Disneyland,

I got free Mickey Ears during the Year(s) of a Million Dreams. My family was in the World of Disney Shop for the last day of our trip. The cashier hinted to go out through the far west door. We did and we were gifted with Million Dream Ears. I still have mine sitting on top of my Lego Star Wars AT-ST.

In 2010, also on the last day of another trip, we were on Main Street when the Disneyland Band with Mickey started marching down the street. We did not time this at all. I remembered seeing Chip & Dale, who were greeting guests, reacting when the band was passing them and both of them getting excited and going nuts(no pun intended).

Comment

A few years ago, we got to ride Splash Mountain in a boat all our own (two of us), twice in a row! (no pun intended, I promise). No one -and I mean no one- else was in line. Early morning, FTW!

Comment

High School grad night. Cresting the big drop on Splash Mountain right as the sun was rising.

Comment

Big Thunder during an intense section of the fireworks show was pretty epic...we have tried to recreate that timing a few trips but have not had success.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
            A few years ago, we got to ride Splash Mountain in a boat all our own (two of us), twice in a row! (no pun intended, I promise). No one -and I mean no one- else was in line. Early morning, FTW!
            My sister and I had that happen to us at night during our 2010 trip. In 2015, I rode (nervously) by myself alone on a raft on Grizzly River Run. And that was a bit nerve wracking going down the 1st drop.

Another good timing moment ironically occured during my poorly-timed last trip(AKA March 2020, the weekend of the shut down). My group decided to eat at the PCH Grill, as the parks were closed. My eldest nieces decided to bring their new toy plushes of Angel with them to the meal. For those who are unaware. Angel is a character in the Lilo & Stitch TV series, who becomes a love interest for Stitch. The PCH Grill was hosting their Character Brunch, Donald's Beach Buffet. And can you guess who one of the characters at the meal was? Stitch. When he came to our table and saw the 2 identical plushes of Angel, he went nuts. This eventually led to a impromptu mock double date with Stitch and the two toy plushes. Minnie and Daisy came over and pretended to serenade the mock dinner date. Eventually, Minnie and Daisy stormed off in disgust(maybe over Stitch's table manners) and Stitch trying to walk away with his two plush "dates". Ridiculous as it was, it was one of things that brighten up the disaster of our trip.

Comment

Getting stuck on Peter Pan. The ride stopped & the lights came on. Was there for about 15min above Neverland. Cool to see that the stars you fly through are little bulbs on the end of wires. Fiber optics perhaps. Also if you look close, you can see the Little Mermaid on the beach near the rainbow.

Comment

Riding BTMRR and ascending the second lift hill during fireworks, epic!
                Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Sometime around the late 80's, (I think) I was at Disneyland on one of my solo trips, it was late in the evening and I decided to visit the Disney Gallery, (back when it was above Pirates). There was pretty much no one else around and I walked into the room that had a model of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I'm looking at the model and a group of 5 or 6 people came in to look at the model. Then I started to recognize the voice of the one guy that was talking about the model, it was Tony Baxter! He talked for while then they left and as he left he smiled at me and nodded his head. I loved listening to him talk about Big Thunder!

Comment

Surprise at Coke Corner Musical Chairs: Princess Jasmine Dances, Tells Joke, and acts scene from Alice in Wonderland!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jasmine Mucial Chairs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	608.1 KB ID:	8651838
                    https://youtu.be/2plx4jULydM

And, the times I met and talked with Walt Disney wondering in Tomorrowland on Saturdays.
                    Disneyland 1951
                    MiceChatter
                    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 12-18-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
                      And, the times I met and talked with Walt Disney wondering in Tomorrowland on Saturdays.
                      That's amazing!

“I think, therefore I am... confused.”
                      ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X