Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Hotels

Hey, everyone, I'm wondering which hotel you would recommend personally out of park property options. I'm torn between The Disneyland Hotel and Disney Grand Californian Hotel. Are club level or suites worth the splurge? watched many videos reviewing both places, I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts.

My family has done the concierge for both hotels. I like to do concierge because there are snacks available pretty much morning to night. You pay for it with the extra cost but I eat a lot so it is worth it to me. At the Disneyland Hotel the rooms seem bigger to me than at the Grand. They are modern with a window wall facing the pool area or Downtown Disney. You can sit up in the concierge during the fireworks show and get a good view as the music is piped in. You do need to get into concierge early for this as there are fewer tables available than the concierge guests who come to view the fireworks. I have found that the Disneyland Hotel has more families while the Grand has a mix of families and people staying for conventions. The concierge at the Grand is cozy, intimate, and seems quieter than the concierge at the Disneyland Hotel so my family prefers this. For quality of food/snacks the Grand has a slight edge. Cast members at both hotels are fantastic! The rooms on the concierge level at the Grand are nice but small compared to the Disney Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali-Gal View Post
      My family has done the concierge for both hotels. I like to do concierge because there are snacks available pretty much morning to night. You pay for it with the extra cost but I eat a lot so it is worth it to me. At the Disneyland Hotel the rooms seem bigger to me than at the Grand. They are modern with a window wall facing the pool area or Downtown Disney. You can sit up in the concierge during the fireworks show and get a good view as the music is piped in. You do need to get into concierge early for this as there are fewer tables available than the concierge guests who come to view the fireworks. I have found that the Disneyland Hotel has more families while the Grand has a mix of families and people staying for conventions. The concierge at the Grand is cozy, intimate, and seems quieter than the concierge at the Disneyland Hotel so my family prefers this. For quality of food/snacks the Grand has a slight edge. Cast members at both hotels are fantastic! The rooms on the concierge level at the Grand are nice but small compared to the Disney Hotel.
      mucnhies aside, I thank you for the input. I notice you say the rooms are larger in DH versus DGCH , which is surprisingly the opposite of what I've heard from a few posts. I'm so torn on the two and have one shot at really going all out and can't choose. I have until the end of January so I'm asking around while I build paychecks lol. Thank you!!

Comment

The ambience is unbeatable at the Grand Californian. If you want a pure Disney experience go the Disneyland hotel. If you want to feel like you are at luxury resort with a touch of Disney go to the Grand Californian. Adding to what Cali-Gal said, the concierge is quite nice, I only have gotten it at the Grand Californian. Both are great options just depends what kind of atmosphere you prefer.

An image of the Grand Californian Lobby

Comment

Originally posted by mickeymax View Post
          The ambience is unbeatable at the Grand Californian. If you want a pure Disney experience go the Disneyland hotel. If you want to feel like you are at luxury resort with a touch of Disney go to the Grand Californian. Adding to what Cali-Gal said, the concierge is quite nice, I only have gotten it at the Grand Californian. Both are great options just depends what kind of atmosphere you prefer.

An image of the Grand Californian Lobby
          would you just look at that lobby wide lens... worth every penny, I'm starting to think!

Comment

If money isn't an issue, Grand Californian Hotel hands down. I've stayed at all 3 hotels. So it just depends on what you plan on doing (just need a place to sleep, closest the parks etc. etc.
            Mr_IvanStark
            One Stormy Night Long Ago
            Last edited by Mr_IvanStark; 12-08-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I agree DGC is very much the best of the three and even though it is priced much higher, if budget is not a barrier it's is the most fun and convenient. It's also the one we have stayed at the most of the three, and when we have we have never regretted it. ( in the past )
              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X