Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
    Rode the ROTR today. Two things to Note-

1. The first Cannon works and has been operating like normal for all 3 of my rides this week.

2. Not Cannons related- But the Scene with Kylo Ren, immediately prior to the drop, was cut drastically today. Instead of entering into the final room before the simulator, I heard an audio loop, and then went straight to the simulator. No KR Animatronic, no wild blowing motion.
    So did you not see the video of Kylo's TIE fighter either? For reference, this is the B mode for when the animatronic is down.

Originally posted by DisneyPilot View Post
    Is that just part of the "randomness" that is supposed to be each ride experience like Indy?
    AFAIK, there's no randomness in ROTR. You can go up in one of two elevators, which gives a slightly different experience of the AT-AT hanger, but other than that the ride experience should be the same.
    Restore Walt's Disneyland: bring back the Aluminum Hall of Fame!

Comment

See and this is what really bums me out. We waited too long to be able to ride this while in peak condition and for free without over an hour wait.
      You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
      It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah View Post
        On the topic of ROTR, I rode it on Saturday night and instead of using 2 ride vehicles per departure, they were only using one. Does anyone know why they would reduce the capacity per hour like that? I got in line about 7:50 pm and the only thing I could think of is maybe the vehicles had problems charging up in-between rides when it got later into the day (That's just my crazy "I-really-don't-know-anything" hypothesis). All-in-all it was 2 hours from the time I got in line until I got off the ride. They were advertising a 75 min wait.

FWIW, yes, the two last cannons were not in operation only the first cannon was working. I found it made that scene much less exciting.
        RIse had problems with one of its "lifts" (which take you from the AT-AT scene to the second level), when one of the lifts goes down the attraction can only operate at half capacity taking half of the ride vehicles out of the loop, thus the single-vehicle departure.

Comment

Originally posted by brody999 View Post

RIse had problems with one of its "lifts" (which take you from the AT-AT scene to the second level), when one of the lifts goes down the attraction can only operate at half capacity taking half of the ride vehicles out of the loop, thus the single-vehicle departure.
          Ahhhh...thank you brody999.

So when the ride is operating at 1/2 capacity your pushing something like 650 - 850 guests through the ride per hour. Similar to a basic Fantasyland ride. One of the highlights this ride has is the kind of dance the ride is doing when the two cars are moving through the some of the scenes together. It adds quite a bit of excitement.

To recap then, when the ride is "Operating" your experience can be:
          1. 2/3 of the cannons not operating
          2. Kylo Ren Animatronics Scene and special effects not operating
          3. 1/2 capacity operation
          Did I miss anything???

For all the experience Disney claims to have in creating magical experiences, they seem to have missed the mark on this one. There is really not much new in this ride to Disney.
          1. They wrote the book of Animatronics in the 60's (Small World, Carousel of Progress)
          2. They amazed the world with simulation rides in the 80's. (Star Tours)
          3. They've been doing trackless rides since 1989. (Great American Movie Ride)
          ROTR is simply a rehash and combination of these revolutionary advances that were made by Imagineers DECADES ago and Disney can't get it right? Discuss!

Comment

So when the ride is operating at 1/2 capacity your pushing something like 650 - 850 guests through the ride per hour. Similar to a basic Fantasyland ride. One of the highlights this ride has is the kind of dance the ride is doing when the two cars are moving through the some of the scenes together. It adds quite a bit of excitement.

Did I miss anything???

For all the experience Disney claims to have in creating magical experiences, they seem to have missed the mark on this one. There is really not much new in this ride to Disney.
            1. They wrote the book of Animatronics in the 60's (Small World, Carousel of Progress)
            ROTR is simply a rehash and combination of these revolutionary advances that were made by Imagineers DECADES ago and Disney can't get it right? Discuss!
            Unfortunately, the leadership, management structure, operational strategies, and budgetary priorities of today's "Disney" have little in common with those of decades ago.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Unfortunately, the leadership, management structure, operational strategies, and budgetary priorities of today's "Disney" have little in common with those of decades ago.
              This is why the lyrics from No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom" keep blaring in my head.

Comment

Did I miss anything???

I can't speak to the animation side of things regarding the cannons and the Kylo B-show but it sounds about right.

I think you could pick apart most Disney attractions as something that has been done before especially in recent times in one way or another as Disney usually takes existing technology and combines it all into the final product. You can look back on a "traveling ride system" and go back as far as the 1964 World's Fair (America: Past, Present, and Future). The innovations on Rise are a modern battery system in the ride vehicles and more importantly the wifi which helps with navigation as well as the floor sensors the ride vehicle scans to report its position.

I guess there will always be critics of the new attractions as just like music people that have grown up going to Disney always have a golden age of when they have the fondest memories just like how the music you like at some point becomes for example classic rock/oldies. There is no denying that Rise is the most popular attraction in the two parks since it opened so it must be doing something right.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X