Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stovk View Post

Perhaps that’s why the talent agents, attorneys, financial analysts and journalists who populate the American entertainment ecosystem tend to view him as a 'parks guy'
    https://c.tenor.com/Mey_77ZdhE4AAAAC...e-laughing.gif

https://tenor.com/view/hahahaha-laug...n-gif-12705968

https://tenor.com/view/lol-laughing-...fl-gif-5750284
    Tomorrowland_1967
    Artistic integrity
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-30-2021, 08:51 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

The puff pieces and resume synopses keep repeating that Bob is credited for the Vault program for home video and/or the Disney Princess franchise... but both of those initiatives were created by his predecessors.

The VHS "sell through" "Disappearing Classics" (vs. "Year 'Round Classics") program was launched under Bill Mechanic's watch at Walt Disney Home Video (and was of course a natural outgrowth of the decades long 7-year theatrical reissue plan going back to the 40s).

And Disney Princess was Andy Mooney's baby while heading Disney Consumer Products. He was responsible for reinventing the heretofore separate heroines as an umbrella lifestyle franchise (and fought with Roy E over it who thought the characters should maintain their individual storylines/identities).
      merlinjones
      Minion
      Last edited by merlinjones; 12-31-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

The last CEO of Disney who had any imagination was Walt.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
          The puff pieces and resume synopses keep repeating that Bob is credited for the Vault program for home video and/or the Disney Princess franchise... but both of those initiatives were created by his predecessors.

The VHS "sell through" "Disappearing Classics" (vs. "Year 'Round Classics") program was launched under Bill Mechanic's watch at Walt Disney Home Video (and was of course a natural outgrowth of the decades long 7-year theatrical reissue plan going back to the 40s).

And Disney Princess was Andy Mooney's baby while heading Disney Consumer Products. He was responsible for reinventing the heretofore separate heroines as an umbrella lifestyle franchise (and fought with Roy E over it who thought the characters should maintain their individual storylines/identities).
          Yes, but let's give credit where it's due -- Bob has something that Bill and Andy never got... his very own petition demanding he be fired.

(Which now has passed 87,600 signatures.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            The last CEO of Disney who had any imagination was Walt.
            Walt was technically never CEO, Roy was.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post

Walt was technically never CEO, Roy was.
              Right....Walt had the Dreams -Roy get the money - ran the business for "Walt" Dreams
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Better keep countin' them beans, Bob.

An excerpt from today's CNN Business article, "Disney needs a comeback year. Will it get it?"...

Disney did not have a magical 2021. Even as Covid-19 vaccines allowed countries around the world to lift restrictions, the company's business struggled. Attendance at its parks disappointed, and momentum from its Disney+ streaming service, once a bright spot, cooled off.

The company's stock dropped almost 15%, making it the worst performer in the Dow.

Wall Street is hopeful that Disney (DIS) is set for a turnaround year. Bank of America has selected it as one of its top picks for 2022, betting that a receding pandemic will finally lift the parts of its business that have struggled.

Can Disney pull it off? The answer could say a lot about where stocks are headed next.

Rewind: In 2020, even as Disney was forced to shutter its theme parks and resorts for months and delay the release of blockbusters like "Mulan," the stock was carried by enthusiasm about Disney+, which was rapidly adding subscribers.

But the sheen started to come off after the first quarter of 2021.

Growth for Disney+ slowed as competition in the streaming space heated up, and the rest of the company wasn't bouncing back as quickly as many analysts had hoped.

In its most recent quarter, Disney reported revenue of $18.5 billion, compared to $19.1 billion for the same quarter in 2019.

There's hope that 2022 could be better.

Disney "remains well positioned for the recovery driven by a continued increase in capacity at theme parks and an improving content slate," Bank of America's Jessica Reif Ehrlich and Brent Navon said in a recent note to clients. They think Disney will also add more range to Disney+ after the success of its "Get Back" Beatles documentary.

The twist, of course, is the rapid spread of infections due to the arrival of the highly contagious Omicron variant. That could lift Disney+ subscriptions as people cancel other plans, but once again put a damper on tourism. Last week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that even vaccinated people should no longer take a cruise vacation.

Travel remained robust over the holiday period, based on the number of people moving through airports. But people could choose to stay home this winter if cases continue to spike. That would set companies like Disney back even further.

The big picture: Many on Wall Street are brushing aside Omicron. They think that 2022 will be a big year for stocks that were damaged by the pandemic and are now undervalued.

"Investors believe that Omicron, which is spreading like wildfire, may flame out sooner rather than later and provide widespread herd immunity," Ed Yardeni, president of Yardeni Research, said Monday.

If that's true, stocks like Disney could be back on track this year. Maybe.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  The big picture: Many on Wall Street are brushing aside Omicron. They think that 2022 will be a big year for stocks that were damaged by the pandemic and are now undervalued.

"Investors believe that Omicron, which is spreading like wildfire, may flame out sooner rather than later and provide widespread herd immunity," Ed Yardeni, president of Yardeni Research, said Monday.

If that's true, stocks like Disney could be back on track this year. Maybe.[/I]

I'm not trying to ignite any hot takes, but I feel like this excerpt in the article was both very hopeful and depressingly cynical at the same time. Impressive, I guess?

Also if Disney is still betting on Disney+ to perform like investors hope, I wish it the best of luck. I mean to say that in a depressingly cynical tone.

Comment

I guess he needs a hug...or a million more dollars in his overseas bank account...
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

If I ever called him a Bean Counter it would likely be the nicest name I have ever called him, also it would be insulting to Bean Counters.
                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        If I ever called him a Bean Counter it would likely be the nicest name I have ever called him, also it would be insulting to Bean Counters.
                        Bean Counter-The name goes way back when.....
                        An accountant is a practitioner of accounting or accountancy.
                        Accountants who have demonstrated competency through their professional associations.
                        Bob in Sale's - ability to certify an organization's........
                        What get me.....
                        stereotype an influence on those attracted to the profession
                        with many new entrants underestimating the importance of communication skills
                        and overestimating the importance of numeracy in the role.
                        IMO Bob People Skill needs working on !
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X