Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Disneyland Railroad Steam Locomotive?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am fan of all of them and like as many running as possible. I tend to prefer the look of the C.K. Holiday myself with it's mostly black engine exterior red cabin and red and green color accents as well as it's bell or diamond stack. One thing that I definitely prefer is the when the seating is facing sideways into the park. (side sitter). My family will let the forward seating trains pass through and let others load ahead of us and wait for the next train rather than waste a ride looking at the backs of strangers heads.

I just realized Xmas before last ( 2020 ) I received a great large book about the Disney Railroads I totally forgot about it and now I think I need to read it.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

While we're talking about trains, I own a DL train simulator program. You can run around the 1955 or 1956 parks in a very high-fidelity engine. The park details are rough, but they tried to get the look and physics of the engines just right. Still for sale: Disneyland Railroad Steam Simulator and Plans (ckhollidayplans.com) about $49. I have to confess; over time I've gotten lazy and just hit the "ready to pull" button rather than starting from a cold boiler and the "add AI expert fireman" button rather than doing everything myself.
      sailor310
      MiceChatter
      Last edited by sailor310; 01-12-2022, 01:00 PM.
      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
        While we're talking about trains, I own a DL train simulator program. You can run around the 1955 or 1956 parks in a very high-fidelity engine. The park details are rough, but they tried to get the look and physics of the engines just right. Still for sale: Disneyland Railroad Steam Simulator and Plans (ckhollidayplans.com) about $49. I have to confess; over time I've gotten lazy and just hit the "ready to pull" button rather than starting from a cold boiler and the "add AI expert fireman" button rather than doing everything myself.
        I have that sim! As a steam locomotive fireman on an East-coast tourist railroad, I have to say you're missing out on most of the fun using an AI fireman! It's fairly easy to run the locomotive, but safely and efficiently firing the engine is the true challenge.

This sim is so good that I've often thought that it should be used by Disneyland as training software.

Comment

I love the deep fandom that this thread is about. This is what makes hobbies fun.

Comment

Originally posted by co foo View Post
            i love the deep fandom that this thread is about. This is what makes hobbies fun.
            i agree....x2
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If you haven't already found it, Burnsland is the place to go for all Disney Railroads https://www.burnsland.com

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post

I have that sim! As a steam locomotive fireman on an East-coast tourist railroad, I have to say you're missing out on most of the fun using an AI fireman! It's fairly easy to run the locomotive, but safely and efficiently firing the engine is the true challenge.

This sim is so good that I've often thought that it should be used by Disneyland as training software.
                Yes. I've mentioned the simulator a few times chatting with engineers in the park. When I first got the sim, I studied the manual thoroughly, started with a cold boiler, and did both jobs myself. After a few years I've forgotten a lot and gotten lazy. Also, when I did both jobs myself, I always seem to run out of steam on the hill behind autopia.
                Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Yes. I've mentioned the simulator a few times chatting with engineers in the park. When I first got the sim, I studied the manual thoroughly, started with a cold boiler, and did both jobs myself. After a few years I've forgotten a lot and gotten lazy. Also, when I did both jobs myself, I always seem to run out of steam on the hill behind autopia.
                  Do any of the engineers know about the simulator? Have any tried it out?

I wish my computer was powerful enough to really utilize everything in the sim.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                    Do any of the engineers know about the simulator? Have any tried it out?

I wish my computer was powerful enough to really utilize everything in the sim.
                    Some had heard of it, thought it was good, some hadn't heard of it. Never to the point of using it for training.
                    I bought a new computer. I partially picked it with enough horsepower to run the sim without having a separate graphics card.
                    sailor310
                    MiceChatter
                    Last edited by sailor310; 01-14-2022, 01:37 PM.
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      If you haven't already found it, Burnsland is the place to go for all Disney Railroads https://www.burnsland.com
                      Thanks! I had forgotten about that site. I went to the DL RR line and found: Walt's Disneyland Railroad | HISTORY Part 1 - YouTube. It's really well done.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks! I had forgotten about that site. I went to the DL RR line and found: Walt's Disneyland Railroad | HISTORY Part 1 - YouTube. It's really well done.
                        Yes- I agree....it was done well !
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X