Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Staffing, cancellations and closures?

Hi all,
    New here, first time posting. After the whole family was vaxxed and boosted, I planned a special surprise trip to DLR. We are supposed to travel next week, 1/18/22. I've seen a few things saying that DLR is having major issues with staffing as sick and exposed staff call out sick. As a result, they're having to cancel many dining reservations, quick serve dining is impacted, and some rides are closing because they just don't have enough staff. Of course, COVID cases are still rising everywhere, including Anaheim/Orange County, so it's not going to improve any time soon.

Two questions:
    • Can anyone confirm staffing issues from recent (within the last week) visits?
    • I still have time to reschedule my trip with my travel agent for later in the spring. Any insight on going now as scheduled vs. delaying?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by mjk_seattle View Post
    Hi all,
    New here, first time posting. After the whole family was vaxxed and boosted, I planned a special surprise trip to DLR. We are supposed to travel next week, 1/18/22. I've seen a few things saying that DLR is having major issues with staffing as sick and exposed staff call out sick. As a result, they're having to cancel many dining reservations, quick serve dining is impacted, and some rides are closing because they just don't have enough staff. Of course, COVID cases are still rising everywhere, including Anaheim/Orange County, so it's not going to improve any time soon.

Two questions:
    • I still have time to reschedule my trip with my travel agent for later in the spring. Any insight on going now as scheduled vs. delaying?
    Thanks.
    Staffing issues have been confirmed in this week’s Micechat update. They are mostly limiting the number of people who can enter a restaurant. I haven’t seen attractions be affected yet.

I suggest rescheduling. I had planned to visit with my sister this month, but we cancelled due to illness and also, I was super adamant about waiting until spring (hoping that night entertainment will be back by then). It’s just not worth the price right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
      I suggest rescheduling. I had planned to visit with my sister this month, but we cancelled due to illness and also, I was super adamant about waiting until spring (hoping that night entertainment will be back by then). It’s just not worth the price right now.
      Yeah if you don't have a Magic Key it definitely isn't worth it right now. Especially if you haven't gone since pre-pandemic. Now they have off-season hours during the weekdays as well, sometimes closing as early as 8pm. If you're looking for just rides maybe consider still going but more than likely, like most of us, Disney is more than the rides. I'd hold off for a month or two more when more things become available again. (Nighttime shows, parades etc.)

Comment

Staffing issues have been confirmed in this week’s Micechat update. They are mostly limiting the number of people who can enter a restaurant. I haven’t seen attractions be affected yet.

Question is Disney worth of getting sick for !
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Question is Disney worth of getting sick for !
          IMO
          Yep. According to a lot of cast members, there are many outbreaks amongst staff with sick workers calling in. It’s a mess.

Comment

Yep. According to a lot of cast members, there are many outbreaks amongst staff with sick workers calling in. It’s a mess.
            What I reading on the news ...It not surprising!
            Eagleman
            Lord of the Sky
            Last edited by Eagleman; 01-12-2022, 09:55 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As someone who tends to look on the positive side of things, and a rabid Disneyland fan, it pains me to say hold off. We recently visited with limited staff and restaurant capacity. It's simply not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.N.CENT. View Post
                As someone who tends to look on the positive side of things, and a rabid Disneyland fan, it pains me to say hold off. We recently visited with limited staff and restaurant capacity. It's simply not worth it.
                I KNOW ,I going Wait

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by mjk_seattle View Post
                  Hi all,

Two questions:
                  Thanks.
                  Reschedule. hospitable employee here, my Hospital projects peak surge next week, then taper. California has temporary health care worker guidelines. If test positive for Covid , no symptoms, fully vaccinated. Keep on working. Don’t have enough staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

What I reading on the news ...It not surprising!
                    Stop watching the news. Your outlook will change on life.
                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I went to Knotts Berry Farm today, and four rides were closed, including three of the most popular. I know it's the off season for theme parks, but I wondered whether staffing shortages were the reason for that. Hmmm, maybe so.
                      “I think, therefore I am... confused.”
                      ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                        I went to Knotts Berry Farm today, and four rides were closed, including three of the most popular. I know it's the off season for theme parks, but I wondered whether staffing shortages were the reason for that. Hmmm, maybe so.
                        Staffing shortages seems very likely, and I’m speaking with some insider info. It’s quite unimaginable that Disney would get to the point that they would shut down attractions, but with what’s being whispered, I’m definitely not going to write that off as a possibility.

Comment

Staffing shortages seems very likely, and I’m speaking with some insider info. It’s quite unimaginable that Disney would get to the point that they would shut down attractions, but with what’s being whispered, I’m definitely not going to write that off as a possibility.
                          I hearing about Staffing shortages at local CVS store's......many other Stores- Restaurants - Fast food Places - and other Business....
                          It not just Theme Parks Issue ....People calling in sick..........
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X