Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
    Today Disney , have there own tree full of NUTS !
    Walt say it all started with a Mouse
    With E I S N E R started with Lipstick on the Pig....IMO......
    Eisner started with lipstick on a pig ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

Eisner started with lipstick on a pig ?
      It's an expression for doing a shoddy job of making something look nice and failing

Or it could refer to Miss Piggy!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
        One thing that hasn't been brought up in the Thread, is that Chapek's current contract length was revealed in the original Deadline article posted above (Post#1). Chapek's contract only goes until February 28th, 2023. His contract could be extended like the many times Iger's was. Interestingly, somebody else actually has a longer contract than him. Recently, CFO Christine M. Mccarthy signed a new contract to June 2024.

This may be nothing to gossip or speculate about, as McCarthy has been CFO longer than Chapek as CEO. But, its slightly surprising that Disney did not extend Chapek's contract to at least June 2023. This would cover 18 month (AKA 1.5 years) as CEO, instead of his current 14 months. Hmmm...
        You're reading too much between the lines and also not doing the math right. Bob's contract started in 2020, so it was a 3 year deal. CFO probably got hers in 2021, hence a 3 year deal or (less, depending on how "recent" is recent).

Sure the short contract length could mean something nefarious, but more likely it has to do with vesting schedules, non-cash comp, and performance incentives. Nobody C-level would sign anything longer than 3 years anyway, given that they'd want to re-evaluate the incentive structure. You're betting on yourself, so you will always believe that you'll start outperforming your contract after a couple years. This isn't MLB where you're guarding against physical injury and a 10 year guarantee makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

It's an expression for doing a shoddy job of making something look nice and failing

Or it could refer to Miss Piggy!
          Bingo...........
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Bingo...........
            But Michael Eisner didn’t start out doing a bad job. It’s well known he did a very good job for the first 10 years or so.

Comment

But Michael Eisner didn’t start out doing a bad job. It’s well known he did a very good job for the first 10 years or so.
              He saved Disney from being potentially split up and sold off and transformed the company into a major Hollywood powerhouse. That’s it. His creative contributions were questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                He saved Disney from being potentially split up and sold off and transformed the company into a major Hollywood powerhouse. That’s it. His creative contributions were questionable.
                Exactly. One need only ask the creatives who had to deal with his "creative" notes how they valued his contributions.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Yeah that’s hardly starting with, “lipstick on a pig” which was my whole point. The creative side was actually pretty damn good until post Disneyland Paris opening and Frank Wells death. Again, hardly lipstick on a pig.

Comment

I wonder what Eisner's compensation was for this paid PR piece. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                      In this town, that's the kind of self-serving PR that money can't buy -- it ingratiates him to TPTB, keeps his name present in the biz, and justifies his hiring of Chapek (and by inference, Iger).

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

And I agree long with Frank Wells.....Then Sadly he let his ego get in way ..........
                        after Wells was killed in a helicopter crash in 1994!
                        IMO
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

LOL one have to Wonder............
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

In this town, that's the kind of self-serving PR that money can't buy -- it ingratiates him to TPTB, keeps his name present in the biz, and justifies his hiring of Chapek (and by inference, Iger).
                            IMO
                            "Eisner"
                            Was better for him, to stay on the back burner!
                            Eagleman
                            Lord of the Sky
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 01-16-2022, 08:02 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

His compensation is the hopes that this piece would some how slow down the falling leaf direction of the stock that he owns (likely by a boat load) As others have said he is also trying to diffuse the talk on the street that he brought a wolf into the hen house and his decisions are now responsible for both of DLR's worst eras.
                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by starcade View Post

his compensation is the hopes that this piece would some how slow down the falling leaf direction of the stock that he owns (likely by a boat load) as others have said he is also trying to diffuse the talk on the street that he brought a wolf into the hen house and his decisions are now responsible for both of dlr's worst eras.
                                I agree.....x2
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

>>...The company has steadily raised prices and taken away things from its theme park customers and they seem to keep coming....<<

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...r-disney-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygatzby View Post
                                    A fascinating article from Deadline is making the rounds regarding Bob Chapek’s 2022 focus. . .

https://deadline.com/2022/01/bob-cha...07554/#respond
                                    The U.S. President has "Hail to the Chief." I Propose this for Chapek's theme song. (I deleted a few lines where you see "....")

"Promises, Promises" lyrics

Naked Eyes Lyrics

"Promises, Promises"

. . . . You made me promises, promises
                                    Knowing I'd believe
                                    Promises, promises
                                    You knew you'd never keep

. . . . You can't finish what you start
                                    If this is love it breaks my heart

You made me promises, promises
                                    Promises, promises
                                    Why do I believe?

Arm in arm we laughed like kids

At all the silly things we did
                                    But you can't finish what you start

Promises, promises
                                    Why do I believe
                                    All of your promises
                                    Promises, promises
                                    Why do I believe?

Promises
                                    Promises
                                    Promises
                                    Promises
                                    Promises

Writer(s): Rob Fisher, Peter Byrne

And below is a link to the video in case you forgot the tune or were born too late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Q83DPZy6E

Comment

Disney introduces its future Star Wars lands: "They're going to be amazing! Look, just LOOK at all the things it will have!" It opens & has some impressive features, but --
                                      "Uh, where are those things in drawings you showed us?"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .>. >. >. >. >. >. >. . . . . . . . . . . . * * * * *

At Universal a cast member stands in front of a wall & behind her a large coaster hill is clearly being constructed.
                                      Guest: "HEY, can you tell us about that coaster going up?!"
                                      CM: "
                                      What coaster?"
                                      Guest: "THERE! Behind you."
                                      CM turns: "
                                      Oh, that's just gonna be a churro cart."
                                      It opens.
                                      Guest: "AHHHHHH! AWESOME! [exiting ride] "Well that surpassed my expectations! Well done, Universal!"

Remember how the first time you experienced the Haunted Mansion or Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean, or U's Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Again, Disneyland should get back to surpassing guests' expectations instead of overpromising and under-delivering.

On March 1 WDW's super-expensive Star Wars hotel will open and all of the the guests will be superfans who will go nuts & claim "Genius!" even if they are fed dirt and made to sleep on floors, because that's what many Disney fans usually do whenever something first opens at a Disney park.
                                      But in the following weeks guests will point out where Disney decided to save money, because that's what Disney (post Frank Wells) usually does.
                                      jcruise86
                                      former CM
                                      Last edited by jcruise86; 01-18-2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

The U.S. President has "Hail to the Chief." I Propose this for Chapek's theme song. (I deleted a few lines where you see "....")

"Promises, Promises" lyrics

Naked Eyes Lyrics

"Promises, Promises"

. . . . You made me promises, promises
                                        Knowing I'd believe
                                        Promises, promises

. . . . You can't finish what you start

Promises, promises
                                        Why do I believe?

Arm in arm we laughed like kids

At all the silly things we did
                                        But you can't finish what you start

Promises, promises
                                        Why do I believe
                                        All of your promises
                                        Promises, promises
                                        Why do I believe?

Promises
                                        Promises
                                        Promises
                                        Promises
                                        Promises

Writer(s): Rob Fisher, Peter Byrne

[COLOR=#000000]And below is a link to the video in case you forgot the tune or were born too late
                                        Great choice of song for that article; that would funny if the crowd started playing that when Bobby walks onto the stage at the next D23 Parks presentation.

There is always a fragment of hope I have that Bobby might course correct and restore Disney Parks to a higher guest experience, but past history and logic are too much evidence what actions you see today are what you should also expect tomorrow.

If Bobby and Disney suddenly announced a 5th park for WDW to counter Uni’s upcoming Epic Universe, with dazzling vague concept art, I think most Disney fans would be highly skeptical if such plans would come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                                          >>...The company has steadily raised prices and taken away things from its theme park customers and they seem to keep coming....<<

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...r-disney-stock
                                          Sadly, this article is the heart of the problem. For the average non-Micechat reading Joe and Jane, Disney has years of vacation reputation programming that such nickle-and-dime cuts wouldn’t matter and become noticeable.

It would likely be 2-3 such skimpflation trips before the average WDW vacationing family realizes the reduced value they are getting and start to consider other trips.

I think this is the core that for most American families a annual vacation is a large expense and many of them feel
                                          Disney is a safer choice than say even Universal (for now) just because they know Disney and don’t want to risk a vacation for a week at a place less familiar.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X