Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurants in Toontown?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Restaurants in Toontown?

    A post by fantoongal made me wonder...

    What ARE the restaurants in Toontown, what do they serve and when are they open?

    I have a vague notion of hot dogs? Daisy maybe has a place? But I don't think I've seen anywhere open I just realized... I've never eaten in there!

    I do know there's the trailer that serves those sour iccee things, but do they serve food? chips Id' assume but not a meal?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...


    sigpic


  • #2
    Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

    i bought a soda there once. The cashier was not very nice and discriminated against me. That is my memory of buying food/drinks in toon town.

    discrimanted in....she was hispanic and a large hispanic family cut in front of my daughter, her friend and I. She helped them first totally ignoring me and talking in Spanish the whole time smiling and being friendly. Then when it was finally my turn she was very cold towards us. My daughter and her hispanic friend even mentioned it, but we shrugged it off and continued our day.

    We don't go to toon town often. there just isn't much there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

      Well did you say something? Ask to see a manager? Tell the family "excuse me we were in line"?

      But yea, there's a few snack type places from what I remember. They used to have pizza, do they still? I think I got a soda and some sort of snack item about a year ago.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

        Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
        Well did you say something? Ask to see a manager? Tell the family "excuse me we were in line"?
        No, I have never asked for a manger/lead or complained while at DL. It's just not worth the trouble to me. especially when I have my daughters friend with me who has never been to DL. If the CM does that a lot then eventually it will catch up to her, but I'm not there to be the CM police.

        as for cutting it happens. I thought the CM might say something, but she didn't. That part wasn't a big deal. She was friendly to them and talking in spanish.....however, when her attitude did a 180 when it was our turn it just kind of added to the situation.

        I had forgotten about this until food in toontown was mentioned and then I recalled the only time I bought drinks from there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

          There is food in Toontown, hard to believe I know!

          Different from my days there, though not vastly...they currently have the following:

          Toontown Fruit Cart: Veggies, Pineapple, Grapes, Chips, Trail Mix, Apple Crisps, Drinks
          Daisy's Diner: Pizza, Salads, Drinks, Desserts
          Pluto's Dog House: Hot Dogs, Kid's Hot Dog/Mac & Cheese, Toddler Mac & Cheese, Drinks, Desserts
          Clarabelle's: Sandwiches and Salads, Drinks

          It can sometimes get lost though. The fruit cart is at Goofy's Gas Station, and the rest are between the Gas Station and Toontown City Hall.

          Happy Toon Dining! (Gosh, I miss that costume! Most comfortable costume I ever wore!)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

            I love Toontown and I've never eaten there...

            I absolutely must try it now.
            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

              Food in Toontown is like a bachelor's refridgerator. Mostly crap, little healthy food.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                Toon Town needs a sit down resturant maybe themed to House of Mouse or something completly toony yet original.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                  Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
                  There is food in Toontown, hard to believe I know!

                  Different from my days there, though not vastly...they currently have the following:

                  Toontown Fruit Cart: Veggies, Pineapple, Grapes, Chips, Trail Mix, Apple Crisps, Drinks
                  Daisy's Diner: Pizza, Salads, Drinks, Desserts
                  Pluto's Dog House: Hot Dogs, Kid's Hot Dog/Mac & Cheese, Toddler Mac & Cheese, Drinks, Desserts
                  Clarabelle's: Sandwiches and Salads, Drinks

                  It can sometimes get lost though. The fruit cart is at Goofy's Gas Station, and the rest are between the Gas Station and Toontown City Hall.

                  Happy Toon Dining! (Gosh, I miss that costume! Most comfortable costume I ever wore!)

                  There's also that one Goofy trailer that serves icees / slurpees / squishees and other 'ees.

                  Aashees (haha see what I did there?) is right.. toon town food is crap food.



                  Toon Town definitely needs a really good table service restaurant. House of Mouse... Ink and Paint Club... pick one!


                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                    Ink and Paint Club has been suggested several times on MC.

                    Of course there's always my way.... (cue manic laughter)

                    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                      Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                      Ink and Paint Club has been suggested several times on MC.

                      Of course there's always my way.... (cue manic laughter)
                      I love your ideas! ToonTown has a LOT of potential but it's sadly slowly rotted away over time. If they reinjected some big ideas and life into the area, I'm sure it would be just as popular as it was in 1993. Back then it was so alive and original, but now it's just kind of left for dead.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                        i have never eaten there but like most of you i didnt even know they sold food there...but one building i love about Toon Town is the fireworks i think?? that building that has a bunch of fireworks sticking out i think juts looks really crazy
                        Remember what ever comes, just have fun and you'll be alright

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                          Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          i bought a soda there once. The cashier was not very nice and discriminated against me. That is my memory of buying food/drinks in toon town.

                          discrimanted in....she was hispanic and a large hispanic family cut in front of my daughter, her friend and I. She helped them first totally ignoring me and talking in Spanish the whole time smiling and being friendly. Then when it was finally my turn she was very cold towards us. My daughter and her hispanic friend even mentioned it, but we shrugged it off and continued our day.

                          We don't go to toon town often. there just isn't much there.
                          Oh the joys of Disney Dining...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                            Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                            There's also that one Goofy trailer that serves icees / slurpees / squishees and other 'ees.
                            Last time I went over a month ago, Goofy's trailer is gone now too... The worst is when they took out the great soft serve frozen yogurt at Clarabelle's.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Restaurants in Toontown?

                              Originally posted by vfire View Post
                              The worst is when they took out the great soft serve frozen yogurt at Clarabelle's.
                              YES!
                              "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

                              "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                              "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

                              "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X