This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The One Hour Shopping Pass

Do you have to show a receipt proving you bought something as well as your timestamped shopping ticket to get your deposit back?

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
      Call your credit card company and you might be able to dispute the charge.
      We go into the park knowing the rules of the one-hour pass, but when we screw up, it's somebody else's fault?? That's what disputing the charge would be. It's just an unfortunate incident, but no fault of Disney or Visa.

It's actually a helpful reminder to those of use who may sometime do this in that we should be sure to treat that one-hour pass like gold and make sure not to lose it. Unfortunately, Dan had to be the person to go through it in order to remind us.

Comment

No, I would only assume, just the ticket.

Comment

That's what wallets are for dude!
          Sorry though!
          Did you take the pic in your post before you lost it?
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Too bad you can't get someone to float you the money and use it for a down patment on the AP.

Comment

You would think that since the transactions are done by computer, they should be able to link the credit card to a transaction at a certain time.

Comment

:ot: Does anybody know if there is some sort of cross checks in place? Like a means to make sure a credit card used to get and return a Shopping Pass is not being used inside a park or an Annual Passholder getting and returning a Shopping Pass for a friend who remains inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Mermaid_Magic View Post
                  Shouldn't they have a record of when the ticket was issued to him and if so then they can verify his credit card by seeing his I.D.? That's messed up...
                  And if he handed the ticket off to someone else, or said he lost it, then after refunding him, he reenters the park with the ticket? This is why the ticket has to be returned.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

They know what time the ticket was purchased, and Dan spoke to a CM when he was leaving.... seems to me they can verify the time with the CM and not charged... I'd go a little higher to get it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                      Do you have to show a receipt proving you bought something as well as your timestamped shopping ticket to get your deposit back?

No.

No purchase is required to not be charged for the admission. They ask you if you purchased something and the amount only to keep tabs on the program itself.

Just to make sure that they should keep offering the 1 hour pass (= profit).

Comment

Originally posted by DCACM View Post
                        They know what time the ticket was purchased, and Dan spoke to a CM when he was leaving.... seems to me they can verify the time with the CM and not charged... I'd go a little higher to get it resolved.
                        Let's say Dan is not honest. Dan gets the shopping pass. He goes into the park and comes back in an hour. Says "Oops, I lost the pass." They say "Oh thats ok..." and reverses the charges. Dan then takes the pass he had in his pocket and reenters Disneyland for the day.... They have the charge for a reason. I'm sorry Dan lost the ticket, but there are reasons why they charge.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Why Does Dan remind me of Schleprock?

You gotta get rid of that black cloud pal.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                            Let's say Dan is not honest. Dan gets the shopping pass. He goes into the park and comes back in an hour. Says "Oops, I lost the pass." They say "Oh thats ok..." and reverses the charges. Dan then takes the pass he had in his pocket and reenters Disneyland for the day.... They have the charge for a reason. I'm sorry Dan lost the ticket, but there are reasons why they charge.
                            I would hope they keep some sort of record of the ticket and can de-activate the authorization for entry into the park.

My question is, what would stop an Annual Passholder from picking up a Shopping Pass, and passing to a friend for entry. Passholder then returns the ticket while the friend waits inside the park.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                              I would hope they keep some sort of record of the ticket and can de-activate the authorization for entry into the park.

My question is, what would stop an Annual Passholder from picking up a Shopping Pass, and passing to a friend for entry. Passholder then returns the ticket while the friend waits inside the park.
                              They can't deactivate a ticket. I've gone around and around with Disney regarding this issue in a hypothetical (losing a ticket and having a photo copy of the barcode, they should be able to deactivate and reissue a ticket adn they can't...)

And to your question, nothing, other than if you get caught, you would lose your AP. How would you get caught? Why would an AP (remembering you show ID and give a credit card) get a shopping pass? If you start logging too many passes, I am sure it would show up. And there are video cameras everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                That's what wallets are for dude!
                                Sorry though!
                                Did you take the pic in your post before you lost it?
                                Yeah, it's in the original post.

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                                It's actually a helpful reminder to those of use who may sometime do this in that we should be sure to treat that one-hour pass like gold and make sure not to lose it. Unfortunately, Dan had to be the person to go through it in order to remind us.
                                Yup, it always seem to happen to me. I am seem to be careless. I should of kept it i n my pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X