Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Please review MiceChat's updated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Links are provided at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

The One Hour Shopping Pass

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The One Hour Shopping Pass

I am not mad at the charges, I understand that. The thing that ticks me off is that I couldn't get back into the park since I already paid for it. It's a ticket that's gone to waste.
    Yeesh, that makes it a lot more painful! I was thinking you were able to re-enter the park in your situation.

What's the policy for lost tickets, forgetting the whole shopping pass thing. If someone purchases a ticket, loses it, are they just out of luck, or does DL issue a replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
      Exactly!! I got charged a full days ticket without recieving a ticket to go back inside. How messed up with that?
      I must have missed this point earlier. I too would still be there arguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
        Exactly!! I got charged a full days ticket without recieving a ticket to go back inside. How messed up with that?
        That's because your shopping ticket could have been given to someone else to use, they get into the Park with it, then there's two people in the Park when there's only been one paid admission (you paying because you lost the ticket).

Yah, they shouldn't have let you in.
        Burnt Toast
        The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by daisydog View Post
          Yeesh, that makes it a lot more painful! I was thinking you were able to re-enter the park in your situation.

What's the policy for lost tickets, forgetting the whole shopping pass thing. If someone purchases a ticket, loses it, are they just out of luck, or does DL issue a replacement?
          "Tickets are non-refundable, non-replaceable... and should be treated like cash".

That's what I was always told to say when selling a ticket when I worked at the Disney Desks.

Now granted Ticket Services can make exceptions, but that's what they are... exceptions for special circumstances.
          Burnt Toast
          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
            That's because your shopping ticket could have been given to someone else to use, they get into the Park with it, then there's two people in the Park when there's only been one paid admission (you paying because you lost the ticket).

someone else said if it was used by someone else it would have been a re-entry and they would need a hand stamp to get back in. You can't ust give it to someone else. If you have to pay for a full day ticket you should be allowed back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post

Disneyland should consider biometrics. Then only the ticket holder could get in. I know I could go get as many physical WDW Annual Passes as I want and still only I can get in, and they are photoless.

Comment

Originally posted by daisydog View Post

No, they don't, even if you have a copy of the barcode, so they could verify activity. The ticket you lost is valid and anyone finding it could use it. Best bet is check lost and found an dhope someone turns it in.
                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Seems to me if the Shopper Pass and a hand stamp are BOTH required for re-entry, a lost pass wouldn't be of much value to anyone else; right? And since the purchaser of the pass has his I.D. and the credit card used to buy it, if he shows up within the hour, they should be able to scan the credit card and close him out. They certainly have the card on file so that they could charge it if he doesn't show up in the hour. They certainly know the Shopping Pass tied to that credit card, so that if someone disputed the charge, they could come back and say no, this pass number wasn't returned within the hour.

If the person didn't have their I.D. or their credit card with them, that would be a different story, but in this situation, is it really all that time consuming for guest relations to scan the credit card and cancel the lost pass? It seems like a pretty harsh penalty to have to pay.

As for going back in to look for it, I don't know what the chances would be to actually find that pass. But if you thought there was a good chance, I suppose you could buy another Shopping Pass, go in and look around, and if you found it, you could return both.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                    No, they don't, even if you have a copy of the barcode, so they could verify activity. The ticket you lost is valid and anyone finding it could use it. Best bet is check lost and found an dhope someone turns it in.
                    I found a park ticket on the ground once. i turned it in to the nearest CM. I felt bad for whoever lost it and really hoped they didn't exit the park.

Comment

The thing is, if i dropped it on the floor somewhere, it probably be swept up my custodial by the time it hit the floor and be impossible to find. I wish they have some protocal about finding lost tickets on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
                        As for going back in to look for it, I don't know what the chances would be to actually find that pass. But if you thought there was a good chance, I suppose you could buy another Shopping Pass, go in and look around, and if you found it, you could return both.
                        But then they would probably require that you still return before the first pass expires.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
                          I already asked them, you are only allowed one shopping pass, so I was screwed.

Comment

I don't think Disney plans it this way to be vindictive or to maximize their profits. That being said, I do wonder if there wouldn't have been a better way to handle this better. The guest services desk should have been able to pull up the purchase of the ticket via the visa number. At this point they KNOW that no one except for Dantasmic has been in the park with that ticket.

Void the ticket. It should be clear...somewhere....that his visa card was swiped earlier for him to get the ticket, yes? Even if he came back after his time limit, if it was in the morning, I say cut the guy some slack, void the ticket, and send him on his way.

If he came back after the fireworks, chances are he spent a full day there and is now coming up with a story.

Give the benefit of the doubt, if it is REASONABLE, to the guest.

Dantasmic, if you still have the TIME of that transaction on your visa card, I'd pay a visit to guest services and point out that you didn't get a full days worth. You simply lost your ticket and came back around that general time frame. They might still see reason and cut you some slack.

Comment

They told me if I can find it, even if my hour was up, they would be able to refund my money. But the problem is that I couldn't reenter without a ticket.

Comment

Sorry about your bad luck Dan.

Only advice I have is to hang onto the ticket next time.
                                try this: Put ticket in pocket. later, take ticket out of pocket(on purpose).
                                Maybe do some trial runs before hand?

Leaving your ticket with a stuffed animal standing guard never works for me.

Hope a lesson was learned. I sure did.
                                Originally posted by Grumpee
                                I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

I am like mad and sad at the same time. I am mad about how the situation was handled, it would of been better and sad that $66 wasted down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                    I don't think Disney plans it this way to be vindictive or to maximize their profits. That being said, I do wonder if there wouldn't have been a better way to handle this better. The guest services desk should have been able to pull up the purchase of the ticket via the visa number. At this point they KNOW that no one except for Dantasmic has been in the park with that ticket.

Void the ticket. It should be clear...somewhere....that his visa card was swiped earlier for him to get the ticket, yes? Even if he came back after his time limit, if it was in the morning, I say cut the guy some slack, void the ticket, and send him on his way.

If he came back after the fireworks, chances are he spent a full day there and is now coming up with a story.

Give the benefit of the doubt, if it is REASONABLE, to the guest.

Dantasmic, if you still have the TIME of that transaction on your visa card, I'd pay a visit to guest services and point out that you didn't get a full days worth. You simply lost your ticket and came back around that general time frame. They might still see reason and cut you some slack.
                                    I agree that the policy was not meant to be vindictive, but, it is there to prevent fraud. I thought about this from every possible angle. I completely trust Dan and know he would not do this so please do not misunderstand. That said;

If an individual looses a ticket, exits the park, then complains about the lost ticket they have no way of proving that they actually lost it. Even if the CM was nice enough to get them back into the park, the CM does so not knowing if the individual actually lost it, or just gave it to a friend who was already inside. A voided ticket INSIDE the park means they can't get Fastpass, and they can't exit... but aside from that Disney would be giving 2 individuals admission for 1 price. Even if Dan purchased the ticket, and it was on his Visa, he would still be unable to prove that someone else didn't use it because in my experience CM's don't check id's... green means go!

I am very sorry Dan, because of the dishonesty of others you are basically screwed in this situation.
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I totally understand that!! I can't believe how dishonest some people can be and try to cheat the system in order to get something for nothing.

Comment

If an individual looses a ticket, exits the park, then complains about the lost ticket they have no way of proving that they actually lost it. Even if the CM was nice enough to get them back into the park, the CM does so not knowing if the individual actually lost it, or just gave it to a friend who was already inside.
                                        What about the hand stamp though? How could someone else use a found ticket to gain entry into the park without a hand stamp?

Comment

The thing that I forgot to mention was that I got a hand stamp, but the CM at the Main Gate couldn't see it, since it was light.

Comment

Working...
                                          X