Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are strollers being abused in Disneyland ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rainfully
    I wish I could still get pushed around in a stroller...
    Becareful what you wish for... you may get pushed around in a wheelchair... :botox:
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

• My worst day at Disneyland ever was several years ago when I brought my then almost-two-year-old daughter (just the two of us) with her umbrella stroller. A crowded President's Day, as I recall. I knew I should have turned around and gone home when one of the wheels fell off as I was exiting the tram at the esplanade. I was able to put it back on, and it would work fine, until the wheel (front right) was lifted off of the ground (such as for curb hopping).

Of course my daughter did not want to ride anything except KAC. She was able to ride the DLRR, and I attempted (to no avail) to ride until she went to sleep, but she wouldn't. When we finally got off at Toontown station, the pesky stroller wheel was GONE. Fortunately, the lady that moved my stroller (not a CM, but a guest) took note of my plight and showed me where the wheel was.

I vowed that from that day forward I would never push a stroller at DL again.

That being said, considering two of the most contentious debates on the boards (abolishing APs, abolishing FPs), and the subject's effects on Disney's profits and Disneyland's "crowdedness", isn't it ironic that Disney makes very little money on the demographic that requires strollers, and that strollers take up so much space? Under three is free admission, and the very young probably eat babyfood, suck on bottles or mom, or share food with their sibblings or parents, yet some strollers take up the space of two or three full-paying adults.
      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalDude
        :confused:

too bad you did not finish reading the statement - your answer is right there.
        I read your whole statement and you did not give an answer.

Comment

• I just realized there is a flip side of the coin...what about the people who are so polite and caring that they are the last one out of a store...ride exit ...or candlelight because you dont want to hit someone with your stroller or block their way that you are xtra concientious about it. I saw my daughter do this on our trip in Dec last year. She has been ankle bit by strollers so many times that she hung back until the coast was clear. See its all really a matter of experience, being on both sides of the coin and just plain old fashion courtesy. On several of the ride lines I had the family go ahead and get in line , while I took the stroller to the parking area and met up with them in line, it just seemed to make so much more sense. I hope I dont get bashed for parking the stroller and then go thru the line to meet my family.

Comment

• I wouldn't bash you for it, DisneyJunkie. I think having a "designated stroller parker" is the most considerate way for a group to handle strollers. And kudos to your daughter for being extra conscientious. Unfortunately, I don't think people like her get noticed because they aren't in the way or trying to bully their way through with their weapons...I mean, strollers.
            Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
            : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

• Thanks she is only nineteen but has been brought up, I hope with consideration for others, also I have tried to teach that there are certain time when you just have to forgive and turn a blind eye ...the tourist that is making this a once in a lifetime experience and whos adrenelin is running high, the people from other cultures that just don't get it due to language or cultural barriers, the 10 year old caught up in the moment .I thinketh that after 50 years stroller are here to stay in DL , I also wish that the market provided more kusdos for umbrella types vs the Hum'D types but once again its marketing and the almighty dollar for the stroller manufacturs hehe. And unfortunateley as I read somewhere I believe some people leave their brains at home they enter the DL.If having to lug along a stroller prevented me from going to DL my life would have been lacking.

Comment

• The other day we a saw girl in a stroller wearing makeup.

No Joke.

They ought to pass a law: If you're old enough to wear make-up you're old enough to walk around on your own.
                ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• Originally posted by fearsnda
                  The other day we a saw girl in a stroller wearing makeup.

No Joke.

They ought to pass a law: If you're old enough to wear make-up you're old enough to walk around on your own.
                  awe,...she probablt was made up at the build a wh...club libby lu...

Comment

• Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                    awe,...she probablt was made up at the build a wh...club libby lu...

Buwhahahahahahahahaha! That's great!
                    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• Ok I am not a parent... but I am a early childhood teacher. I don't mind that kids are in strollers.. untill they look like they are going to fall out what gets me is the bottle the 5 year old is holding with soda in it while the other hand has the pacifer.... THAT GETS ME

Comment

• I know it's not as easy as using a stroller...but has anyone had success with those baby backpack things??

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                          I know it's not as easy as using a stroller...but has anyone had success with those baby backpack things??
                          Not at Disneyland.....can't imagine doing that all day. They're heavy! Then you have the other parent with the giganto backpack full of the baby/toddler's supplies. I'd do a stroller anyday!

I've been smacked in the face by a metal framed backpack!! Maybe I should start a thread about it......

I love DISNEYJUNKIE's posts, by the way. We are often at the rear of the pack because we let sooooo many people cut in front of us, so as not to be the ramming stroller nazi type parent. It's hard, but it's the right thing to do. I'm not saying people don't cut me off and thereby get hit, but it's usually them doing the apologizing, not me, as they cut me off, stepped over the stroller, etc. I'll stop if I can, but when I'm mid-stride and they're stepping over the footrest on the stroller and cutting me off, there's only so much I can do.

Comment

• I'm a new father and I can not WAIT to hit people with my Stroller. I have YEARS of revenge to catch up on. And if anybody gives me any lip, I'll whip out my AP and say, "That's right, now get the HELL outa my way!"

There I said it.

Comment

• You have to master the AP hand gesture first.

Comment

• Which one ?

Comment

• Hopefully, the PAP hand gesture. The others are just half-gestures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not Afraid
                                    Hopefully, the PAP hand gesture. The others are just half-gestures.
                                    Half-gestures? Is that anything like "mother" being half a word? :devil:
                                    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                                    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

• Has anyone had one of those rude guest who do cut off the stroller fall into it or land on the other side flat on their face ultimate revenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Minion
                                        Which one ?

Are there more than just one?

Comment

• Ok, CMs can attest to this...and I don't dislike kids at all; most of the time, they were the reason I showed up to work: it's not the kids who are the problem, it's pushy parents. Strollers and wheelchairs are out of control at WDW, in particular (I've never been to the other parks, so I can't compare). When you're working the Fantasyland rotation, most of your time is eaten up by pushing strollers, and that's fine, when the park isn't busy. But on a crazy day, when there seems to be a stroller for every person? And you can't get the strollers through the crowds because for every stroller you move, two more pop up in its place? That's a problem.
                                          Also, on ECV's: working at the park made me a little more prejudiced towards people in ECV's. Too many people think of wheelchairs as fastpasses. And I've seen several small children run over, as well as a fellow CM who had to go to the ER.
                                          Note: Do not think getting a stroller will save your child from rogue ECV's.
                                          They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X