Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are strollers being abused in Disneyland ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also... strollers are great to carry things in when the kids aren't in them.
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

No, they're not.
      France is not our role model.

Next topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
        True, but this thread was about strollers, after all.

Don't get me going on people who smoke where they aren't supposed to, jump lines, where profanity laden t-shirts... better stop now...
        Last Sunday, we watched a child be lowered off of the ramp on the right queue for IASW just so he could retrieve a ball he dropped. The CM ran over there quickly to let the people know it wasn't cool to drop their kid off a ramp to pick up a ball. The CM then watched as the parents lifted the kid back over the railing. Did I mention that the distance from teh top of the railing to the wood chips below was around six feet?
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
          Uh oh. We've ticked off the Gibson Girls! Head for the hills! Or at least the fake hills of ToonTown...
          We're ready to throw down.... Fantasia ice cream.....

Come and GET IT!! :devil:

okay.. not really... just a pack of mommies with kidlets under 7

--Lord Byron

Comment

[derail]
            Originally posted by sediment
            They certainly aren't. I don't smoke and I pick up my dog's poop, thank you very much.
            [/derail]

Comment

I know most of the Acronyms, but IASW is not one of them... :confused:

Comment

Uh oh. We've ticked off the Gibson Girls! Head for the hills! Or at least the fake hills of ToonTown...
                But we still love you, you sexy beast :love:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                  I know most of the Acronyms, but IASW is not one of them... :confused:
                  It's a Small World

--Lord Byron

Comment

Ok, LV beat me to the acronym.

I shall use this post to once again profess my love for Gemini Cricket. :love: :love: :love: :love:
                    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by libraryvixen
                      We're ready to throw down....Come and GET IT!! :devil:
                      Yeah, me throw down with libraryvixen, mamabot and dsnylndmom? I'd be toast.

IASW - It's a Small World

Comment

IASW - It's a Small World

HEY where's my Urban Decay powder and Manly Glitter when I need it :devil:

<<finishes cosmo>> You're in trouble nowwwwwww :devil:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Honey... for me throwing down is going to be bookstore, being snippy next to the magazines and then making up and going to the coffee shop IN the bookstore.

Obviously, for Tina, it's throwing glitter and spraying dirt around
                          Last edited by libraryvixen; 02-09-2005, 09:34 PM. Reason: bad spelling

--Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by sediment
                            No, they're not.
                            Hear, Hear!
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Me.

My mom always kept me in the stroller as long as she could. At two I was on attractions such as Space Mountain, so that wasn't the issue. It was simply with her trying to keep track of my older brother who liked to run, me and other things it just made it easier for her. I have no clue if she was bad with directing them. I can say that I don't remember anything bad. I should ask her. I doubt it. It wasn't as crowded during the times we went compared to now.

Comment

^ 2 is not too old to be in a stroller. I think what people are referring to are kids 5+ all the way up to it seems 7 or 8 still in a stoller. That's too much.

I think what's worse than the stollers are the people that have their kids on a leash.

We tried it once when our daughter was about 2, and did not want to be in the stoller. It lasted about 2 seconds. We only had the arm one and we thought it was so repugnant. I realize you don't want to lose your kids, but did anybody ever notice that the ones that have the full harness ones are the ones that don't really watch what their kids are doing.

Watch your kids people!!!

My other peeve are older kids not only in the stroller but also with a pacifier in their mouth. We saw a kid at Legoland who had to be at least 6 and was in a stroller with a pacifier. That's just wrong ... IMO.

Comment

oh no yer gonna make me trot out my stroller stories arent you?

I will make them short: I got rammed so hard on the back of my heels in adventureland, that they actually bled, and to top it off the parent just kept on going at breakneck speed and called me all kinds of 4 letter words I wont repeat because I was in his way. Did I mention the fact it was one of those satan strollers from hell? Those big HUGE plastic molded SUV size things that carry like 3 kids at once.

Now can somebody on God's green earth tell me, how it is possible to NOT hit people with those things? And why the heck they allow them in the park when some walkways (entrance to adventureland ahem) would barely accomidate them?

Story #2: shins meet stroller part two, and strollers make excellent blockage material for the front of the haunted Mansion. Same day, different stroller, more crazy irate parents, and boom down I go to the pavement hitting my knees full on, again no apology. Finally make it towards the HM entrance, and have to literally push aside strollers to get through because the tide of strollers was coming in and I was drowing, seriously they were blocking the entrance. I guess it population boom cause there were never enough strollers to do that when I was growing up.

Stroller story #3: next day same trip I had forgotten to check my little mickey almanac to see when high tide would be for strollers again, so I drowned in the white foaming froth of the strollers over by storybookland... where is a stroller life guard when you need one? So many parked wheels hard not to trip, must make it over the ebbing sea of strollers... no cant escape the strollers wheels ... boom down I go, but to make it worse I put my hands out to catch myself and hit 2 other strollers, one of them the handle catching on my sleeve and making my hand hit an awkward angle. My knees that were still trying to heal from the previous day, once again hit pavement, and my hand hit the ground in a way that twisted my wrist. It was very hard to do anything with that wrist for the rest of the day. To add insult to injury a couple of parents who were passively watching on the sidelines went nuts and flew off the handle that I touched their strollers.

These things need a corral, I am telling ya. At the very least Disney needs to update those stroller tide almanacs, cause I am thinking its gonna be a major high tide with all the massive swells going on. Something I learned; even if its an accident, dont you never ever ever touch somebody's portable refrigerator... er I mean stroller.

I guess I was abused as a kid cause my parents made me walk when I got to be five years old. Non stroller abuse... wonder if thats grounds for a law suit? After all the geniuses that eat at Mcdonalds thought they could sue for their obesity, and it is the "I want it my way, and right now generation" that lawsuit should fit right in, right?

Bitter about mucho slimy end of the gene pool parents much? hmm maybe. Before anyone says anything it only applies to you if the shoe fits, if you think it applies chances are it probably does.

On a serious note: why cant they make little themed stroller corrals in front of attractions, and forbid parking them anywhere else? You have a parking space allocated for your motor vehicles, why not your non motor ones? Obviously you cant park a vehicle just anywhere (and not just because of physical constraints) so why should you be allowed to park a stroller just anywhere? Heck with the number of strollers in the parks now I am quite serious here; we need a stroller lane where only strollers and wheelchairs can go, if they go over the yellow striped lines their little transports immediately lock up just like the shopping carts at most larger stores do. May day! may day! break down in lane 2, angry parent with road rage tried crossing out of the stroller lane!

Ok ok so I was being semi-serious.

Comment

Maybe it's been too long since I was in DL, but I thought there were stroller canals throughout the park.
                                    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                                      Before people without children start to judge parents who choose to put children in strollers, put yourself in the place of a parent with children. How is it possible for you to judge a situation you know nothing about?
                                      I snipped the rest of the post, but really mamabot - that was one of the best posts -ever-.

My daughter is 4 now, she only uses her stroller when we go to the parks (Legoland, SD Zoo, DL, DCA.. etc). And we only use it then because we rather her save her energy for the LONG days we do when we go to the parks. I do not think that is wrong - granted 4 is still an 'ok' age to be in a stroller, but still - you get the point.

I would like to take this time to complain about people who just full on stop in the middle of the walkway, and the ones who love to cut you off for no reason. Those are the ones I hate! I really do everything in my power NOT to hit people with the stroller - I have been hit, I know it hurts. I have seriously stopped our stroller so hard in effort to NOT hit somebody that whatever my kids were holding went flying. There has been only one time I have ever hit somebody with the stoller and I can say it was 100% her fault. She knew we were there, but still decided to just stop and turn a bit - I actually ran over her foot with one of those large one-seat strollers with a 3 year old in it. Now, despite the fact it was 100% her fault and there was nothing I could do to avoid hitting her - I STILL said I was sorry and went on my way.

And this is not anyting "Euro" this is the USA and we have different customs and all that fun stuff. And at least for us - "put them down for a rest or take them home" is not an option in any way. What ae we going to do? Show them a bench and tell them to take a nap? Should we go home to SD so they can take a nap? That is something you need to consider. Not everybody at the park is staying in a DL hotel and can zoom off real quick to take a short nap.

And may I add you never know if an older child in a stoller has a physical problem. I know this is the case for one of the people I work with, their son is 8 and has some sort of problem with one of his ankles and can not walk for a long peroid of time so they put him in a storller and get all sorts of nasty looks from people when they go out. I am in no way saying this is the case most of the times, but there are kids out there like that.

And yes, there are partents out there that are crazy with the strollers, and there are parents out there who 'rather just not deal with it' - but I do not thnk that gives you the right to make a blanket statment.

If you like the fact that they do not use stollers for older kids over in that Euro place - go move there (joke!!)

(who is feeling very soapboxy tonight lol)

Comment

Orca, if there is stroller canals, I sure havnt seen it being enforced to park only there. Its plain ridiculous when the amount of strollers blocks off the entrance to a attraction. I dont think it would be too hard to make walled little stroller corrals, and you could make it add to the theming for the ride its in front of. They could also put in a small diaper changing facility, and bench for nursing within the same enclosure so its all there; one stop "shopping" so to speak. Of course it could only be done for the larger rides like HM, and pirates.

I can sorta handle the normal size strollers, but honestly the SUV monsters that carry more than one kid, and are just HUGE, should NOT be allowed in the park EVER. There is absolutely no way, no matter how careful you are to steer those through crowds without hitting someone. Its a little like trying to steer a shopping cart with a bad wheel in a super crowded store... it is a miracle if it can be done without hitting anything.

Comment

I agree, there shouldn't be strollers for more than one child.

However, I just thought of a reason why there might NOT be one: theft. Yeah, the ques may not be that long, but carrying all the bags and the kids can get a bit much for a 15-45 minute wait. That's quite a while to be wondering if someone's taking the stroller and/or its contents.
                                          Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X