Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are strollers being abused in Disneyland ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Minion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DarylF
    replied
    I'd like this thread to die...

I'd also like to say that I'm very glad Disneyland does not allow those wagons in the park. I was behind a family trying to enter the park on my last visit, and they were denied entry due to having a bulky plastic wagon to pull their kids in. They were asked to rent a stroller, for safety reasons. I suppose Disneyland IS aware of the stroller dilemma.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by Beatle_John
    I am not going to save for three years to arrive withmy 5 and 3 year olds and have my 5 year old so tired by noon that we need to return tothe hotel! Not to mention all the rivialry that will insue.

In seems to me, that this is none of anyone's business except the family imvolved.
    People who have been hit in the back of their ankles repeatedly by strollers might dissagree with you there.................

I have been on both ends of the stroller ramming and can say that in all cases the rammed was at fault......but I find it totally believeable that many have been rammed who were not at fault and understand their frustration.

Leave a comment:

• Beatle_John
    replied
    Stroller are for anyone who needs one

I am not going to save for three years to arrive withmy 5 and 3 year olds and have my 5 year old so tired by noon that we need to return tothe hotel! Not to mention all the rivialry that will insue.

In seems to me, that this is none of anyone's business except the family imvolved.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied
    Larger crowds now then 30 years ago with a lot less to do equalls not a few strollers choking the walkways. Add to that the deluge of odv carts everywhere and fastpass.

.....and on top of all that I am sure that more people use strollers now then 30 yrs ago and some of them tend to be quite large.

...however; I believe the problem of strollers can be partially eliminated by opening up shuttered attractions and restuarants, the elimination of fastpass, a gross increase in price for aps and above all a 90% reduction in odv carts

Leave a comment:

• mickhyperion
    replied
    This thread really is funny. It almost deserves a "greatest hits" complilation made from some of the funnier ones (like the humvee stroller pic and the one about a lady being dragged by a stroller). :lol:

Now pardon me for not reading all 370 (!) whopping posts here, but I have this question. If it's already been addressed, just point me to the chapter where the answer is (I dare you! ). Here's the question:

Are there more strollers in Disneyland these days than say 20 or 30 years ago? I don't remember the vast stroller parking lots being there back then, but maybe that's because I wasn't paying any attention to them.

And if there are more strollers now, how long do you think it will be before the numbers grow to where they need to build either Mickey & Friends style garages or underground parking lots in each land or near each attraction to contain them all?

I've been going to DL since I was 6 and have never had the fine privilege of riding around in one ever. I wish I could have my mommy push me around in one now because I find it much harder to run around there all day as a 38 year old than I did when I was a child (and no I don't want to try the wheelchairs, thanks).

Leave a comment:

• DISNEYJUNKIE
    replied
    Strollers will never cease! But snuglies and backpacks are taking the place of some. I love the birdseye view prospect and napping on a shoulder aspect of the backpack idea.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Peg
    replied
    The Stroller Dilemma...

When our son was brand new, the last thing I wanted to do was the stroller thing....but until his neck was strong enough to hold up his head, we were kind of dependant on the stroller.

Fast foward to 5 months old and now, he can hold up his head! We were fortunate enough to receive a fabulous child backpack ... and for the next two years, he had a bird's eye view of everyone and everything! Imagine not having to look at knees and rear ends all day long! When he was tired, he would quietly put his head down against my husband's back and nap.

From shopping malls to Sea World to the Magic Kingdom...he was stylin'!

Sometimes I think parents don't consider alternatives...the stroller is THE way to go...

It's not easy being a parent...

Leave a comment:

• socal05
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalDude
    Like wow! Look at what you see when you stand *inside* the stroller parking area! What a great way to prove a point.
    So, according to this picture, 25-35 kids under 6 are riding It's a Small World! Disgracefull!!! Surely Walt never expected this.

Let's all just hope this madness ends so all of us 25+ year olds can enjoy DL.

Leave a comment:

• Lore
    replied
    Isn't that photo taken from one of the old Kodak photo spots? Damn, I love this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied
    Still a lot of strollers, and just think of how many AREN'T in the parking area... You know there are a lot when the stroller parking is that heavy...

Leave a comment:

• SoCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Soulquarian
    Taken 4/18/05

Like wow! Look at what you see when you stand *inside* the stroller parking area! What a great way to prove a point.

*sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied
    Taken 4/18/05

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    This thread is like crack... you think you kick the habit, then BUMP, it's back in your life for another few days. Since my last post on this was like six pages ago, here goes with my Sediment-style stroller FAQ:

1. Yes, we love our kids
    2. No, a 4 year old can't last walking all day.
    3. Yes, a 2 year old does understand how special Disneyland is
    4. They probably didn't mean it
    5. They all come that size nowadays
    6. YOU try carrying 40 pounds of sleeping kiddo
    7. Doctors pay me for every ankle I hit
    8. Yes, we get more for hitting teenagers

Hope that solves this whole debate... :-)

Leave a comment:

• LSPoorEeyorick
    replied
    Yeah, because there were no ugly pictures in the golden days.

Wait a second... what have I got here...

Please witness the ugly.

Please note the stroller in 1962!

Leave a comment:

• Whatever
    replied
    Originally posted by Sambo
    I don't know... put some 22" chrome spinners, some blue neon undercarrige lights and a 300 watt stereo with double woofers and I think it could be cool
    Last edited by Whatever; 04-19-2005, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    I thought I saw this thread get moved to the Litterbox and get locked? What happened..... Haven't we had enough about strollers already? ..the EVIL, EVIL invention they are!

Leave a comment:

• Not Afraid
    replied
    Channeling Walt is going to be my new hobby. I think I can do it. If I just chant over and over "What Would Walt Do" I'm bound to come up with the inspiration directly from the frozen head under the Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyphile
    Well everyone, except for small children. They don't deserve to be happy.

"No Disneyland for you! No! No! No Disneyland for you! Stop crying! I said NO Disneyland for you! Mickey hates you. Mickey hates little kids in strollers! He only likes bigger kids! No Disneyland for you!"

Hey, everyone, come get your horse meat while it's hot.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: my queen :bow: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Originally posted by Lore
    [But I bet if Mr. Disney still walked the park, one bump by a stroller or one ugly photo would set his mind to solving the problem and making everyone happy.
    Well everyone, except for small children. They don't deserve to be happy.

"No Disneyland for you! No! No! No Disneyland for you! Stop crying! I said NO Disneyland for you! Mickey hates you. Mickey hates little kids in strollers! He only likes bigger kids! No Disneyland for you!"

Hey, everyone, come get your horse meat while it's hot.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X