This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking in DTD

So, I just came back from watching a movie in DTD. I seemed to be very busy since they opened up the Lilo Lot. When I exited the parking lot, they just waved us through, i didn't have to show them my parking ticket.

Any reason for them to wave us through the gates, not just because it is really busy?

Re: Parking in DTD

It probably was, because they might not have had enough CM's to process all of the exiting cars without creating a major traffic jam and delays.
    caliscreamin
    Webmaster
    www.mousetimes.com

2.67 miles from the happiest place on earth!

Comment

I have seen them do this before... not sure why they do it. At first I thought this was going to be a rant about the parking at DTD or should I say LACK of parking at DTD.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

So, ok! Because I am truly curious, why is this even an issue worthy of writing in about? CMs letting cars out without checking? Seriously, I am curious. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Comment

First 3 hours are free...I'm guessing they assumed that the batch of cars going through were movie goers.
          Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
          www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Or shoppers that aren't there less than five hours.

Comment

This Happens More Often Than You'd Probably Guess, It's The Only Place I Ever Park (with Hotel Stays The Only Exception).
              It's Just One Of The Many Fabulous Things About The Dlr!
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

They sometimes wave the cars from the Lilo lot through, or open a gate in the corner that allows you to exit through the Disneyland Hotel street on the other side without checking.

It's happened to me plenty of times before. My guess is that for the first three hours the Lilo lot is open, they just wave everyone exiting through because they know that they haven't parked long enough for them to collect money.

Once the Lilo lot has been open for three hours or more, then they'll start checking...
                Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by hirohito View Post
                  So, ok! Because I am truly curious, why is this even an issue worthy of writing in about? CMs letting cars out without checking? Seriously, I am curious. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
                  You are curious in asking why?

We are curious as to why they don't check and let you out.

Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

I've seen it MASSIVELY backed up before, usually around the Christmas season, and they didn't just wave cars through. I'm thinking it's because they've been having significant problems with their ticket machines lately. When two or three machines go down and they wave through cars on the way IN, they are now stuck for the rest of the night in terms on guests in without a ticket. Maybe the machines went belly up after you came through, but I have a hard time believing Disney would give up another few thousand dollars just to get the traffic moving.

Comment

Oh, yeah, the ticket machine was broken, they have a CM standing passing out parking tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                        You are curious in asking why?

We are curious as to why they don't check and let you out.

As I said, I am curious as to why this topic is worthy of asking and why the curiosity of being waved out?Maybe, "Just Because?". There are so many important things to be curious about, why this? Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                          Oh, yeah, the ticket machine was broken, they have a CM standing passing out parking tickets.
                          I think you answered your own question!
                          <o>

Comment

well.....................i may have the answer...
                            its happened to me three times already.
                            once its after closing, they dont check your ticket, they just let u go.

I always park in the DTD parkinglot when i go to Disneyland, and come back after closing, and they NEVER check.

It's my own way of cheating the system
                            ...but its bad on their part.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X