This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze Frame

Has anyone else noticed how performance characters freeze or hold their pose for a few seconds after the music stops?

Examples include:

Grand Marshall Pre Parade, where the characters and dancers stop in place until the music loops again

Fantasmic!, where the Princesses and their Princes get into their romantic pose once the Princess Medley ceases.

Christmas Fantasy Parade, where the performers also stop until the music cues again.

Is there a general show/theatre term for that particular "move" or is it just part of the Disney Magic?

*On a side note, as I go about my life, I, too, freeze until the next song on my radio, phonograph, ghetto blaster plays...
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Re: Freeze Frame

It's generally known as "holding for applause" - from the idea in live theater that if you go right into the next line after a big scene/song/whatever, the audience will miss the start of the next scene.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Re: Freeze Frame

*On a side note, as I go about my life, I, too, freeze until the next song on my radio, phonograph, ghetto blaster plays...[/quote]

haha me too

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X