Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

    http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
    Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.
    :thumbup:

  • #2
    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Usually around January 6th. Depends on the day of the week, but they will usually run until the Friday after New Year's then it's taken down.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

      Does anybody know a for sure date that Disney will take down Christmas?

      http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
      Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.
      :thumbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

        The 6th is the last day of the decorations. (the 6th also being Epiphany) They begin to remove everything after park closing on the 6th, and most is done overnight, save HMH & IASWH, which take a month or two.
        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

          Originally posted by DisneylandLover View Post
          Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.
          Usually the same for both Disneyland and WDW, around the 6th of January...
          Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
          Mice Chat Travel Planner
          Lindawdwtravel@aol.com
          www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

            Didn't I just say that? What, you didn't think I knew. I have been going to the Park for 50 years. I know when things happen. Geez.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

            Thank You Poisonedapples

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

              Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
              Didn't I just say that? What, you didn't think I knew. I have been going to the Park for 50 years. I know when things happen. Geez.


              I knew that you knew, it's nothing new, that you knew.

              Some don't know that you know, oh no, but most of know - )


              "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

              -Walt Disney

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                Heh heh, sorry Lost Boy. Like I said, I'm new. Well thanks I guess are trip is going to be a week earlier than planned.

                http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
                Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.
                :thumbup:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                  Welcome to Mice Chat DisneylandLover

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                    Lost Boy here at my sisters house and I forgot to log in as me.

                    Yea, I was just having some fun with the Newbie. I did put the winking smiley there was it was just in fun. And indeed welcome to Mice Chat. I was hoping you were trying to find out the dates so you would be sure to come down and see the Park at Christmas and not trying to avoid seeing it. I love Disneyland at Christmas and the whole Park just looks so magical this year, and the Castle has to be seen at night, in person, as it's just spectacular. Hope when you do come down, you can come over a weekend and come to the Sunday Meet at the Hub at noon.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                      Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                      The 6th is the last day of the decorations. (the 6th also being Epiphany) They begin to remove everything after park closing on the 6th, and most is done overnight, save HMH & IASWH, which take a month or two.
                      Jan 7th is the day some Orthodox churches celebrate Christmas.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                        Originally posted by DisneylandLover View Post
                        Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

                        Welcome to MiceChat!

                        http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...mas-80742.html
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                          Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                          Lost Boy here at my sisters house and I forgot to log in as me.

                          Yea, I was just having some fun with the Newbie. I did put the winking smiley there was it was just in fun. And indeed welcome to Mice Chat. I was hoping you were trying to find out the dates so you would be sure to come down and see the Park at Christmas and not trying to avoid seeing it. I love Disneyland at Christmas and the whole Park just looks so magical this year, and the Castle has to be seen at night, in person, as it's just spectacular. Hope when you do come down, you can come over a weekend and come to the Sunday Meet at the Hub at noon.
                          Haha I am not trying to avoid it. Actually, my whole reason was to plan my vacation to make sure my family wouldn't miss the awesomness that is Disneyland at Christmastime.

                          http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
                          Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.
                          :thumbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

                            The plan is to start taking things down after closing on Janaury 6th (some things, like Santa end earlier) and HMH is scheduled to close on January 7th for the removal of the holiday overlay.

                            Then on Tuesday, January 22nd, "it's a small world" closes for almost a year for its major refurb (Monday is a holiday - MLK, Jr. Day). So the Small World area will remained decorated thru the 21st.

                            Friday, January 25th, Haunted Mansion is scheduled to reopen in its traditional version.
                            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X