This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Disneyland images from the 1979 Sears Wishbook

I found this amazing site, http://www.wishbookweb.com/, and what do I find on the opening pages of the 79 book? Their contest to win a trip to Disneyland!

These old catalogs sure bring back all kinds of memories! Star Wars toys and yesterland attractions.. ahh...

Re: Amazing Disneyland images from the 1979 Sears Wishbook

The two kids in front of the castle are adorable! Though I can tell you from experience that taking photos like that is an absolute nightmare when you're that size.

- Datameister, who still remembers being forced to kiss his sister for the cameras at age five.

Comment

Doesn't the lady riding solo in the matterhorn bobsled look exactly like what those warning plaques tell you not to do? (the dancing ones) :lol:

Comment

Doesn't the lady riding solo in the matterhorn bobsled look exactly like what those warning plaques tell you not to do? (the dancing ones)
        Doesn't matter unless there's another person of unequal size doing the same thing in the opposite direction on the other side of the car. :lol:

Comment

Hahha - Braniff airlines. Cool pics of the park though. The better days of Tomorrowland.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

And the old entrance (escalators) up to the entrance level of Space Mountain. I've mentioned this to my DD's; I'll have to have them look at this thread.

And Quality Inn? Gosh Sears, you couldn't come up with the Benjamin's for the Disneyland Hotel?
            -Todd, Ginarella's loving husband.

The Greatest Rock Band EVER!

Comment

I like the pre-partners look of the hub, and space mountain looked a lot cooler with the escalators and the space stage than the EO/Shrunk theatre
              VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                Hahha - Braniff airlines.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I haven't heard that name in a loooong time.

Great "historical" find. I was graduating high school when this came out.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                  Yeah, I thought the same thing. I haven't heard that name in a loooong time.

Great "historical" find. I was graduating high school when this came out.

Thanks!
                  Me too! Well, technically Christmas 1979 I was a freshman in college.
                  -Todd, Ginarella's loving husband.

The Greatest Rock Band EVER!

Comment

^^^^^^^

Technically, me too! LOL

Cal State HAYWARD, not the "east bay" nonsense of today.

Comment

I like the ad for an insulated vest with the LOS ANGELES Rams logo.

Comment

I noticed the Braniff plane too :lol: AND, Space Mtn. is colored a shade of brown in the logo. Did they have foresight into the way it was to be painted nearly 20 years later? Doo doo doo doo.....

Comment

I don't know...

That little kid in pic #3 is still freaking me out.

Every time that I check out the pic, he's there looking at me!

hehe

Comment

^^^^^^^

Technically, me too! LOL

Cal State HAYWARD, not the "east bay" nonsense of today.
                            I was Cal State Hayward in 1974-1975. I lived in Carlos Bee Hall on the hill, the dorms up there. I heard they were calling Cal State Hayward something else now...We are now in Denver, so I have not kept up with the east bay although I lived there for 23 yrs, til I moved and changed schools to Sonoma State University.

Comment

I don't know...

That little kid in pic #3 is still freaking me out.

Every time that I check out the pic, he's there looking at me!

hehe
                              Yeah, I thought back in the day no one could get into DL with *long hair* LOL! That kid is freaky. Wonder what he is doing today, probably working at Guest Services! LOL! :lol:
                              susabelle

Cool ad though, takes ya back to those days of the avocado green couch and burnt orange carpet of the 70's!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X