Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

Voyage of the Little Mermaid is going to be the most magical experience for me - more so than all of the Carsland put together. Radiaor Springs will be one of the best themed adrenaline rush inducing rides ever created. I'm anxious to find out which attractions MiceChatters are mainly looking forward to. Feel free to discuss those that excite you most, and least.
    Carsland Drive-In
    7.16%
    Carthey Theatre / Walt Disney Story
    12.42%
    Disney's World of Color
    16.21%
    Expansion Preview Center
    8.21%
    Luigi's Roamin' Tires
    5.05%
    Radiator Springs Racers
    12.00%
    Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    2.32%
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    9.26%
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    14.95%
    Walt Disney Plaza/Red Car Trolley/Other Attraction
    12.42%
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-14-2007, 01:24 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

My main interest is all of Walt Disney Plaza, especially The Walt Disney Story and the Red Car Trolleys. When I first heard about Walt Disney Plaza, I was giddier than a school girl meeting Justin Timberlake.

The Little Mermaid and the Carsland expansion do very little for me. I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but at this point I could take them or leave them.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

The Trolley's and the Main area interest me the most based on how they turn out.

I'm very curious how close they come to the video that was put out on the special edition DVD.
      Radiator Springs doesn't sound exciting, but we will all see in the end.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I'm most looking forward to the new entrance because that will be what I see everytime I go to Disneyland resort... even when I don't go to DCA.

HAH! And some of you thought I was just a "ride" guy. Well truth be known, I like to have a good theme first... the ride will come after.

I also voted for the water show. It will bring some definite extra fun and magic to DCA in the evenings which also means... LONGER HOURS! Even if DCA is still a park that doesn't require as much time as Disneyland, I basically can't go to DCA most of the time because it's closed too darn early!

And last thing I voted for was the Preview Center. There's nothing more that gets my juices flowing than seeing what's coming into the future. heck, isn't that all we do here on MC? Talk about the future?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I'm simply excited about everything that's on the slate. The Red Car Trolly is covered under the "Other Attractions" category, but I should have listed it by name. Anywho, the trolly, The Walt Disney Story, and the Expansion Preview Center will each be one of a kind attractions found only at DLR. each of these exude classiness, and the promiss of top of the line spellbinding entertainment.

Comment

I for one am looking forward to the proposed Screamin queue to be turned into a villain's funhouse

Comment

I am looking forward to Carsland. since i watched Cars for the first time the last two days all of the scenery of the Radiator Springs will look awesome in DCA. Speaking of Carsland, they should have a Route 66 act a the walkway through the different rides in Carsland. THen they can also sell route 66 souveneirs and radiator springs bumper stickers like the one old car selling souveneirs in the movie.

Comment

I am most excited about this attraction. I've been wanting a Little Mermaid themed attraction for a LONG time now. It is the one that I hope gets a lot of attention and loving care.

However, the part of the work that I am most interested in over all others is the new entry way and "main street" leading up to the plaza. Since that is the first impression of the new park, it is going to have to be top notch and I really am excited to see this area. I really hope they can capture the feelings and emotions they put into their concept and design sketches.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

The Carthay was the only attraction I voted for. The others don't have much to do with a CA (or 'early Walt years') theme, but they look like fun, at least!

Comment

Reflecting on the poll results so far, I am somewhat surprised that there seems to be more overall interest in the shows than the rides. Although I'm excited about the rides, shows such as the The Walt Disney Story and Disney's World of Color are, I believe, destined to become halmarks in Disney entertainment.

Comment

Because I know the Imagineer in charge of the Red Cars/Entry Plaza (and have seen his other work), I'm going to have to go with that.

Comment

The 1923 entrance is the most exciting announcement for me, too.

Comment

Definately Test Track 3.0 and Flying Saucers 2.0, those got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                            Because I know the Imagineer in charge of the Red Cars/Entry Plaza (and have seen his other work), I'm going to have to go with that.
                            This is great to know, Steve. I'm loing forward to both the Main Street-esque Entry Plaza and the trolleys with ever increasing anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by Phase Red View Post
                              Definately Test Track 3.0 and Flying Saucers 2.0, those got my vote.
                              TT3.0 and FS2.0 are each going to rock my world. Love your subtitles for the two rides - and they are accurate. All kinds of people have responded positively to Radiator Springs Racers. I'm attributing the low interest level in Luigi's Roamin' Tires to the rumored report that disne lawyers are trying to throw a wrench into this project.

As opposed to the Bug's Land Tuck "n Roll bumper cars (for toddlers), Roami' Tires would primarily be for teens and adults. I doubt that the lawyers will have their way in slowing the ride down to a snails pace. Everybody will warm up to it once they experience it in action. Besides, this ride might cause bumper car lovers to be less likely to use the Autopia to get their jollies off. LOL!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X