This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 1-7 Crowds?

I constantly hear that the first week in January is a great time to see Disneyland at Christmas without major crowds. Last year me and a friend went on Jan 2 and the crowds were fine in the morning and it was very crowded from the early afternoon to the night (though nothing terrible). The CM grumble we overheard is that it was supposed to be a ghost town which it was not. After the alright crowds my family decided to take my grandmother on the 4th thinking it would be similar and the parks (both were packed!) for a majority of the day...All this to ask is there any trick to predicting 1-7th January crowds? we are in the same situation this year and do not want to take my gramdmother to the park when it is packed. Can anyone offer any insight?

Re: January 1-7 Crowds?

Unfortunately, our "off seasons" don't really seem to be off seasons since the 50th. The first week of Jan. will be the slowest of the Holiday weeks, but don't expect it to be slow until Feb.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

MANY schools now have the first week of January off (It had to do with unexcused absences, in regards to kids leaving the country to celebrate Christmas and Three Kings Day). For the last few years, the first week of January has been VERY busy, and you can tell that Disney is planning ahead, with extended hours, and keeping the Christmas celebration and special events thru January 6th.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I suppose we will just have to get there early and hope the crowds are not too bad

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X