This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who makes the choices

Last night when I was watching the fireworks, it stoped in the middle of the show and they announced that the fireworks were not going to continue because winds picked up. So who makes the decision to stop the show? And if winds were already high, why didn't they just cancel the show?

Re: who makes the choices

The Disneyland Fire Dept. makes the decision, and people generally take more kindly to half a fireworks show than nothing at all, so if it LOOKs like they're going to have a clear window weather-wise, they'll start them and keep a close eye on the weather, stopping them if something changes.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

While it only happened once, a long time ago during Fantasy in the Sky ... I still remember when they were fired into a flock of ducks! I have a hard time not smiling when I think about that memory.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Did you feast later on roast?

Comment

Actually, the fireworks department makes the call, it also depends on wind direction, not just speed. DFD makes the call on closing certain attractions during fireworks

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that the smoke was blowing right over main street, so right away I said to myself "this is not looking good". I don't think people would appreciate smoke blowing in their faces

Comment

I was watching the show near Photo Supply last night. The white test balloons they were sending up prior to the show were drifting south. I can understand how, with low level fireworks, this can be a concern during the show.

The thought just came to mind... During high winds, why can't they go with a safer version of the show that eliminates some of the elements that are sensitive to winds? Back in the 90's, during Fantasy In the Sky, show cancellations were more rare.

Comment

We are talking about DLR right, because generally is the Show Director that sits atop the photo supply store that makes the decision along with the 5 pyro techs in the pyro booths throughout the park and the FD.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkyLD View Post
                  We are talking about DLR right, because generally is the Show Director that sits atop the photo supply store that makes the decision along with the 5 pyro techs in the pyro booths throughout the park and the FD.
                  yes we are talk about Disneyland
                  You bring it up Where is WDW show director for WDW Magic kingdom fire work.
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Usually on Casey's or sometimes off to the right in near Crystal Palace.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X