This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some "older" photos from my childhood at DL

I found them in a box the other day, and just scanned them in this morning. And FYI: the colors in the pics are much more vivid in the actual photographs, than of these scans, for some reason. Anyways, here they are:

This was from my first time seeing Fantasmic!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM.

Re: I found some "older" photos from my childhood at DL

Were these taken around the time Aladdin came out??

sigpic

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

Comment

Oh wow, awesome! I love seeing Toontown in it's prime, so thanks for sharing!

Comment

What year are these? I love them!!!

Comment

I really don't know, for a certainty, what year these were taken. Maybe around 1992? 1993? Something like that. I know that Roger Rabbit had not opened yet, which I was thoroughly disappointed about. However, I do remember other parts of the trip.

I remember two things (aside from the photos) about the Aladdin parade that I really loved- the camels would 'spit' on the crowds, and at the very end they had Jafar as the janitor, cleaning up the whole mess. It was so funny! :razz:

I believe on this trip, too, I went on Space Mountain for the first time. I had my eyes glued shut, and my face buried in my mom's arm the whole time. But, you know what? I LOVED IT!!! So much so, that I "made" the group go on it again later in the day. That time I had my eyes open. I had so much fun!! )

But, I really wish you guys could see just how vivid the actual photos are. The colors are stunning. esp. Small World, and the toontown buildings. Wow. Just... wow.

EDIT: I'm going to try touching up the pics to better match the colors in the photographs. I'll let all y'all know if I'm successful or not.

Comment

I just updated the pics with more colorful versions. Apparently, some color was lost when I uploaded them last time. Oh well. :razz: (And FYI, these colors still aren't as vivid as the photographs are.)

Comment

Great pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                Great pictures
                Thanks!

(:ot: And, BTW, I too love Oswald now. I got the Oswald Treasures DVD, and laughed through the whole thing. Walt Disney did it again! :yea

Comment

I've noticed that Toontown needs a new coat of paint. The backdrops used to be very vibrant, and seem to have faded in the sunshine. (Not nitpicking, just an observation!)

Comment

And I should give proper credit, where it's due: my dad took all these pictures. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

(I also just looked on Yesterland, and found out "Aladdin's Royal Caravan" was in the park from 1993-1994. So, all these pics are actually from 1993.)

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                      I've noticed that Toontown needs a new coat of paint. The backdrops used to be very vibrant, and seem to have faded in the sunshine. (Not nitpicking, just an observation!)
                      I totally agree, as well as Mickey and Minnie's houses. Heck- just re-paint the entire land!

Comment

awsome! so the outside of Roger Rabbit was finished but not the ride?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                          And I should give proper credit, where it's due: my dad took all these pictures. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

(I also just looked on Yesterland, and found out "Aladdin's Royal Caravan" was in the park from 1993-1994. So, all these pics are actually from 1993.)
                          my birth year!

Comment

Exactly. It was such a bummer... :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                              my birth year!
                              Dang. I was 6 at the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X