Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I found some "older" photos from my childhood at DL

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some "older" photos from my childhood at DL

I found them in a box the other day, and just scanned them in this morning. And FYI: the colors in the pics are much more vivid in the actual photographs, than of these scans, for some reason. Anyways, here they are:

This was from my first time seeing Fantasmic!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 12-16-2007, 07:49 PM.

Re: I found some "older" photos from my childhood at DL

Were these taken around the time Aladdin came out??

sigpic

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

Comment

Oh wow, awesome! I love seeing Toontown in it's prime, so thanks for sharing!

Comment

What year are these? I love them!!!

Comment

I really don't know, for a certainty, what year these were taken. Maybe around 1992? 1993? Something like that. I know that Roger Rabbit had not opened yet, which I was thoroughly disappointed about. However, I do remember other parts of the trip.

I remember two things (aside from the photos) about the Aladdin parade that I really loved- the camels would 'spit' on the crowds, and at the very end they had Jafar as the janitor, cleaning up the whole mess. It was so funny! :razz:

I believe on this trip, too, I went on Space Mountain for the first time. I had my eyes glued shut, and my face buried in my mom's arm the whole time. But, you know what? I LOVED IT!!! So much so, that I "made" the group go on it again later in the day. That time I had my eyes open. I had so much fun!! )

But, I really wish you guys could see just how vivid the actual photos are. The colors are stunning. esp. Small World, and the toontown buildings. Wow. Just... wow.

EDIT: I'm going to try touching up the pics to better match the colors in the photographs. I'll let all y'all know if I'm successful or not.

Comment

I just updated the pics with more colorful versions. Apparently, some color was lost when I uploaded them last time. Oh well. :razz: (And FYI, these colors still aren't as vivid as the photographs are.)

Comment

Great pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                Great pictures
                Thanks!

(:ot: And, BTW, I too love Oswald now. I got the Oswald Treasures DVD, and laughed through the whole thing. Walt Disney did it again! :yea

Comment

I've noticed that Toontown needs a new coat of paint. The backdrops used to be very vibrant, and seem to have faded in the sunshine. (Not nitpicking, just an observation!)

Comment

And I should give proper credit, where it's due: my dad took all these pictures. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

(I also just looked on Yesterland, and found out "Aladdin's Royal Caravan" was in the park from 1993-1994. So, all these pics are actually from 1993.)

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                      I've noticed that Toontown needs a new coat of paint. The backdrops used to be very vibrant, and seem to have faded in the sunshine. (Not nitpicking, just an observation!)
                      I totally agree, as well as Mickey and Minnie's houses. Heck- just re-paint the entire land!

Comment

awsome! so the outside of Roger Rabbit was finished but not the ride?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                          And I should give proper credit, where it's due: my dad took all these pictures. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

(I also just looked on Yesterland, and found out "Aladdin's Royal Caravan" was in the park from 1993-1994. So, all these pics are actually from 1993.)
                          my birth year!

Comment

Exactly. It was such a bummer... :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                              my birth year!
                              Dang. I was 6 at the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X