Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

what happens in the rain???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what happens in the rain???

    I'm supposed to go to Disneyland on Friday Feb. 11th and the forecast calls for rain. I had a couple questions about that. How much rain is needed to close down rides/shows. Also, how much rain is needed to close down Fantasmic? Thanks.

  • #2
    Mickey's Rainy Day cavalcade (a bunch of characters on the omnibus)

    Most rides stay open in the rain...

    Fantasmic! Does not operate in high winds or the rain OR in the anticipation of high winds or rain.
    Last edited by dlfreak; 02-10-2005, 09:26 AM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

    I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

    With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

    Create your own Virtual pet today!

    Comment


    • #3
      "What happens in the rain???"

      ******************


      They sell more Mickey Ponchos!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Generally what they will do in the rain is: close all attractions whether they are inside or out, close all moats of transportation in and around the park (trains and monorails), and they will also temporarily close all eating establishments as well as restrooms. This is to prevent...wait, that's not Disneyland I was thinking of, nevermind.

        There will be very little difference while the rainy conditions are afoot.
        Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
          Generally what they will do in the rain is: close all attractions whether they are inside or out, close all moats of transportation in and around the park (trains and monorails), and they will also temporarily close all eating establishments as well as restrooms. This is to prevent...wait, that's not Disneyland I was thinking of, nevermind.

          There will be very little difference while the rainy conditions are afoot.
          Your post, while sarcastic, is of no help to the Orginal Poster of this thread. Be considerate of the members of this community and be fair, everyone has questions that need to be answered.
          She walks in beauty, like the night
          Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
          And all that's best of dark and bright
          Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

          --Lord Byron

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by disneylandfan1987
            I'm supposed to go to Disneyland on Friday Feb. 11th and the forecast calls for rain. I had a couple questions about that. How much rain is needed to close down rides/shows. Also, how much rain is needed to close down Fantasmic? Thanks.
            Good questions, I'm sure there are lots of people that aren't regulars and wonder this. I think DLfreak has covered Fantasmic! and the parades for you. And GG4JC is right there will defintely be more poncho's sold!

            Normally, the crowds are smaller when it's a rainy day forecast I'm not sure if the Mark Twain/Columbia and Tom Sawyer's Islands are closed, but I'm sure it's a possiblity.

            Just grab a poncho and go! We've been there on rainy days and had a BLAST!! Remember, if it's rainy then you don't have to worry about getting wet on Splash!! :devil: (when it's open LOL)



            Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

            Comment


            • #7
              I love riding Splash Mountain when it's raining.
              Dsnylndmom is right, crowds get lighter.
              She walks in beauty, like the night
              Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
              And all that's best of dark and bright
              Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

              --Lord Byron

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by libraryvixen
                Your post, while sarcastic, is of no help to the Orginal Poster of this thread. Be considerate of the members of this community and be fair, everyone has questions that need to be answered.
                It's just part of the initiation process.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ahhhh. a rainy day at the Park. buy a steaming cup of hot Belgium White Chocolate and find a partner, sit down and play checkers in the Market House. relax and enjoy. sounds like Heaven!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MinionLumbo
                    Ahhhh. a rainy day at the Park. buy a steaming cup of hot Belgium White Chocolate and find a partner, sit down and play checkers in the Market House. relax and enjoy. sounds like Heaven!
                    Mmmmmm that is the ONLY hot chocolate I drink it's sooooo tasty! ML I know Kyler would KILL to play a game of checkers with ya! I'll watch and drink Belgium White Chocolate! :love:



                    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      please tell Kyler "Game ON Dude!" and i hope it's raining that day. LOL

                      see Mickey's rain gear:

                      Last edited by MinionLumbo; 02-10-2005, 10:55 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MinionLumbo
                        please tell Kyler "Game ON Dude!" and i hope it's raining that day. LOL
                        LOL true true, it's not often you "hope" it's raining at the park You just have to watch out, once he gets started playing he won't wanna start. Just thank God it's not Chess, you'd never get him out of there! LOL



                        Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We like going to the park in the rain unless it is just pouring. just bring umbrellas (ones that are really short when folded are best) and dress warm. The crowds really thin out and generally everything we want to do is operating. I especially like the park at night when it is raining - all the lights reflected off the wet pathways etc. really quite beautiful in my opinion, especially main street...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Where do you get the Belgium White Chocolate, never heard of that, sounds delicious?
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!


                            - Wolfette

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              the food place on main street with the checker board, and the old fashioned party line phones on the way to the lockers. it is good! YOu can buy the mix to take home too

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X