Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone seen 2008 guest name badges anywhere at Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone seen 2008 guest name badges anywhere at Disneyland?

You know, those guest of honor name badges they sell at World of Disney and at the stand by the entrance tunnels? Here is the 2007 version:

Anyone seen a tag like this, but with 2008 on it? I couldn't find any when I was at the parks 2 weeks ago. I thought for sure they would have shown up by now. Maybe Disney has discontinued them.

Re: has anyone seen 2008 guest name badges anywhere at Disneyland?

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
    Maybe Disney has discontinued them.
    Hopefully they did! I doubt it though, since the design with no year is still for sale.

There is a small number of AP'ers who get those and then pretend to actually be CM's! I know that sounds crazy, but they are out there- telling guests what to do and acting like guest control during busy times. They mostly wear the other design that doesn't have the year printed on it (looks more like a real name tag to guests who don't know any better).

They are NOT helping the CM's and have no idea what the correct way to do things is anyways... gives a bad name to Disney. The best thing the park can do is quit selling them. In fact just the other night I saw one those AP'ers doing just that! He is at the park everyday almost around closing and telling guests what to do. As a CM I saw him, as well as others doing the same thing.

What a sad, patheic life.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 12-18-2007, 11:59 AM.
    -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
      Hopefully they did! I doubt it though, since the design with no year is still for sale.

There is a small number of AP'ers who get those and then pretend to actually be CM's! I know that sounds crazy, but they are out there- telling guests what to do and acting like guest control during busy times. They mostly wear the other design that doesn't have the year printed on it (looks more like a real name tag to guests who don't know any better).

They are NOT helping the CM's and have no idea what the correct way to do things is anyways... gives a bad name to Disney. The best thing the park can do is quit selling them. In fact just the other night I saw one those AP'ers doing just that! He is at the park everyday almost around closing and telling guests what to do.

What a sad, patheic life.
      Did the nametag say Jay Rasulo? Oh nevermind...he doesn't go to the parks does he?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Did the nametag say Jay Rasulo? Oh nevermind...he doesn't go to the parks does he?
        haha... I don't think he knows where (or what) Disneyland is!
        -Wes

Comment

I would think they won't start selling 2008 items until 2008 starts
          MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

How about Ed Grier? We never see him out and about... :ap:

Don't tar and feather someone if they get asked questions and volunteer the answers, as long as they know the correct answer to the question. (Oh, and they have 'the two-finger point' down.)

I get asked for directions and suggestions all the time, and I'm not even wearing a nametag. (GOH or real) And I've dropped everything and walked people over to CFA or Lost Children, or spotted a Security CM in the crowd and gotten them to the assistance they need.

People can tell the difference between the "Dreamy Eyed Tourists" (like themselves) and the people who know their way around the place cold, and I get asked those kinds of questions every visit. Helps when you DO know the place like your own backyard.

(I'm often wearing Plaid at the park, but not that kind, the other kind that's a cotton work-shirt over a Disney tee....)

--<< Bruce >>--
            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Who is Jay Rasulo?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rasulo

Comment

I wonder how much that pays anyway.....

you know.. Disney can save a WHOLE bunch of money by hiring me....

I'd do it for half of whatever he makes..... COME ON DISNEY.. DO IT!!!!
                  All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X