This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night shots and fireworks from Dec 16th

Went to the park on Sunday night with my daughter to shoot some fireworks shots from an "interesting viewpoint".

Also took some Christmas'esque pictures from DCA and Disneyland, as well as the Grand Californian Hotel Lobby. (That tree is HUGE!) The gallery is here:

http://www.thecalderwoods.org/tom/DL...218/index.html

Just to entice you.....

Christmas in Toon Town looks real good:

DCA looked pretty good for Christmas as well:

- Tom
    A signature line this small can't open it's own jumpgate.

Re: Night shots and fireworks from Dec 16th

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Oh wow! These are really excellent night shots!

Comment

Bee - You - Tee - Full!

Thanks!

Comment

Love the pics! Our digital camera does NOT do night shots well! Any suggestions!?

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79 View Post
            Love the pics! Our digital camera does NOT do night shots well! Any suggestions!?
            Talk to Santa. I heard his bag is full of new digital cameras.

I usually take along a tripod and a remote shutter release. I put *everything* on manual, and usually take long exposures (5 to 20 seconds each). This will do a couple of things - 1) Gives a greater depth in shadows and colors, 2) gives you some pretty star-shapes on bright pinpoints of lights, and 3) if there's any people in the shot that walk through, you don't see them. (Kinda falls apart if someone pauses, or is yapping on a cell phone or texting on some other light-emitting device.)

When I go to take these shots, I don't ride the rides. (Too much equipment to stuff in the bag under the seat. And I don't want my camera jostled any more than normal.) And I also try to give myself a task or project so that I look at things in a different manner.

But when I go for fun with friends or family, I also take along a point-n-shoot. The best pictures I have are with family in the shot. Not as technically perfect by any stretch, but they are the most memorable and precious.

- Tom
            A signature line this small can't open it's own jumpgate.

Comment

Gorgeous shots!!! LOVE the night ones, and the vantage point of the fireworks!

Comment

Great pictures! I wish I could take those kinds of pics

Comment

Beautiful pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketTom View Post
                    Talk to Santa. I heard his bag is full of new digital cameras.

I usually take along a tripod and a remote shutter release. I put *everything* on manual, and usually take long exposures (5 to 20 seconds each). This will do a couple of things - 1) Gives a greater depth in shadows and colors, 2) gives you some pretty star-shapes on bright pinpoints of lights, and 3) if there's any people in the shot that walk through, you don't see them. (Kinda falls apart if someone pauses, or is yapping on a cell phone or texting on some other light-emitting device.)

When I go to take these shots, I don't ride the rides. (Too much equipment to stuff in the bag under the seat. And I don't want my camera jostled any more than normal.) And I also try to give myself a task or project so that I look at things in a different manner.

But when I go for fun with friends or family, I also take along a point-n-shoot. The best pictures I have are with family in the shot. Not as technically perfect by any stretch, but they are the most memorable and precious.

- Tom
                    Thanks for the tips...I've asked Santa for a camera with an HDR function this year. Although, I think I'm going to get an Annual Pass to Disneyland...and I think I want that more!

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for sharing!
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Tom - Thanks for these AMAZING shots! :bow: I hope people take the time to check out your website as there are some gorgeous shots on there. And thanks for coming up with the different vantage points, i.e. the ROA and the sub lagoon for your fireworks shots. I honestly have never seen the fireworks anywhere except for the hub...and the parking structure on my way out. Thanks for giving us a different view!

Comment

WOW!!! Those were the MOST amazing Disneyland Pics that I have EVER seen! You are so talented!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us! I would love to have even just half of your talent!

Comment

Love the fireworks shots!!

Comment

Loving the toontown tree...
                              You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X