X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTOS - New 2008 Merchandise Round-Up

2008 MERCHANDISE ROUND-UP
    The new line of 2008 character merchandise is now available. Every year Disney releases a line of dated "year" merch, featuring members of the Fab 5. Apparently it's a popular offering, because every year it seems like there's more and more of it.

Here's a look at most of the new 2008 line of merchandise.

Disneyland DelivEars
    If there's anything that catches your eye, but you can't make it to the Resort to pick it up you can give Disneyland DelivEars a call and order it with your credit card via telephone.
    Toll Free 1-800-362-4533
    Local 714-781-4236.
    CLOTHING

PLUSH

MISCELLANEOUS SOUVENIRS
    Magnetic clips

Antenna toppers

Spinner keychain (also available as a magnet)

Magic Towel

There's also a new, smaller line of Castle-in-the-clouds merch. It's actually not bad looking, it looks better than the Year of a Million Dreams' Castle-in-the-clouds designs.

The tag on the ornament inside the box says "Cinderella's Castle 3D - DLR" - I mean... seriously?

Photo album (this style also available as a larger-sized scrapbook starter kit)

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: PHOTOS - New 2008 Merchandise Round-Up

Let me be the first to say:

You rock

Love the attention to detail and the excellent photo quality!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
    :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Yeah, thanks a lot for documenting all this in photo form, as we have all come to expect, MG.

Jeez, that is a lot of year merch. Of course, the real reason you would want to buy year merch is to commemorate the one special year in which you visited the DLR from some place far away. So there is limited appeal for a local like myself, who practically lives there. Plus, the fab five thing is always pretty generic. But that's cool. It isn't targeted toward me, so I'm not bothered.

What does bother me is the tag on the inside of that ornament. I'm sick and tired of Disney mixing up their own friggin castles. They are different. They are not the same. They have different Disney Princesses living inside of them.

But at least the merch itself does portray our own Sleeping Beauty castle. And the cloud design is very minimal and not trying to be artsy or stylish. So it works.

Comment

Thanks - I always like your merchandise update. Thanks too for posting the DelivEars information.

Comment

wow all the 2008 merchandise are really nice wow. thanks.

Comment

I reaaly have never like the year merchandise stuff and I still don't care for it. I'll pass on it.

Comment

Thanks MG.

I'm not a big fan of buying stuff with years on it. Great shots!

Comment

Wow, talk about marketing a year. 2008 is on everything! I guess it could be worth something someday - consider if you had something that had 1955 on it......you know?
                Nice, thorough photos! Thanks for sharing.......

Comment

Love the photos!

I am SO not ready to buy a 2008 ornament before 2007's Christmas is over! ha!

Comment

Thanks for the pics MG!!!!

Count me in the group that doesn't care for the 2008 logo.
                    That same type of theme has been re-hashed over and over
                    and over and over . . . . . . Where's the imagination?????

Just to comment on a couple:

STOP the crap that has BOTH WDW and DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost like the design ~ BUT the top part of the castle
                    seems like it got chopped down in size. (the pink portion
                    appears considerable smaller than the castle in real life.)
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the those Baldwin Ornaments that have the tag with Cinderella castle on it inside, but everyone is dumb like that these days. Unfortunately. Baldwin should have got it right in the first place.

But if you think that is something, because of all the similiar items we have between WDW and DL, every so often we get items that pops up in our stockrooms that have WDW instead of DL on it when it comes to merchandise. Anytime we get something like that, we have to return it to the vendor.

It's just the dumbing down of our nation, first it's reading and math, now it's Cinderella Castle vs. Sleeping Beauty Castle.

P.S. I hate the two name merchandise packaging too. But that's Disney's way of being cheap.

Bye.

Comment

I really don't enjoy dated merch but the stationary is very cute.

Ok... and I enjoy the license plate frame.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Great update as usual MG!! I bet this took you forever to put together!

I have to say I hate the whole primary colors theme they have going on for the 2008 merch.

:wave:
                          I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post

Ok... and I enjoy the license plate frame.
                            Great pictures MG!

Me too! Besides, I bet in a year the red will be orange or yellow with the sun taking away the redness out of it!

That is A LOT of 2008 merchandise. Nice to see they include Pluto in some stuff too. :thumbup: I'm diggin the antenna ball though, need to add it to my collection. :shy:
                            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Very niiiiiice pics! I'm also liking the license plate.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X