This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my vision of Tomorrowland

hey you guys! this is my vision of what Tomorrowland should be.. a positive outlook on the future. hope you like it..

It's not sopposed to look like a photo but more of a concept with pictures added here and there. Some of you might call it a bit "retro" but anything else would just be distopian or sci-fi so if it looks "retro" I guess that's what it takes to be a "positive" future.(I also accepted it's retro-ness by adding 1960's people) ..and also this was done in paint..

tell me what you think

Re: my vision of Tomorrowland

Nice work. Can't say I love it, but it looks much better than the current entrance.

Comment

^thanks, it was a ghetto production

Comment

here's what I had before all the editing

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
          ^thanks, it was a ghetto production

Fitting. Tomorrowland has looked pretty ghetto lately:lol:.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            Fitting. Tomorrowland has looked pretty ghetto lately:lol:.
            watch out! that autopia car driver has a gun! drive by!

Comment

Interesting design. But while I basically agree with this statement--

Some of you might call it a bit "retro" but anything else would just be distopian or sci-fi so if it looks "retro" I guess that's what it takes to be a "positive" future.
              What's wrong with Tomorrowland being sci-fi?! That should be the point, methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Interesting design. But while I basically agree with this statement--

What's wrong with Tomorrowland being sci-fi?! That should be the point, methinks.
                IDK sci fi is more like "hey look this facinates me, there's planets! and aliens!" I don't know what that has to do much with the future..

Comment

Ewwww, lose the MTR style logo and motto. But I like the idea of putting the astro orbiter back where it belongs. However, you would basically be returning Tomorrowland to its 1960s style as well. I agree with Datamesiter in that Tomorrowland should not be afraid to take a slightly Sci-Fi edge. All the future stuff doesn't necessarily need to be all Dystopian like Metropolis (Anime or Classic) but could be just the style of 5th Element. Course that is a little out there as well...

Comment

Futurists don't seem to know much about the future and some of them make pretty good money spouting out their ideas to others. Perhaps the future is nothing more than PT Barnum being proved right one more time.
                    Originally posted by SummerInFL
                    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Ewwww, lose the MTR style logo and motto.
                      I was waiting for someone to say that! that's ok for me though)

But I like the idea of putting the astro orbiter back where it belongs. However, you would basically be returning Tomorrowland to its 1960s style as well.
                      nooooo!! that's NOT what I want! It should be different or else updating it would be unnessesary!

I agree with Datamesiter in that Tomorrowland should not be afraid to take a slightly Sci-Fi edge. All the future stuff doesn't necessarily need to be all Dystopian like Metropolis (Anime or Classic) but could be just the style of 5th Element. Course that is a little out there as well...
                      yeah, no problemo. just saying that I don't like the idea of making everything about space, not nessasarily that that's the defenition of sci-fi, I'd too like a bit of a sci fi edge, just as long as it's still a positive look on the future

Comment

Guys..."sci fi" is short for "science fiction", which implies a fictional narrative with some sort of basis in science. I'm reading a sci-fi thriller right now in which the closest thing to space flight is a theme park ride.

IDK sci fi is more like "hey look this facinates me, there's planets! and aliens!" I don't know what that has to do much with the future.
                        Well, space flight was a huge aspect of the American dream of the future for a while there. Not so much these days, but it's still an unexplored frontier. Walt was directly responsible for the public's increasing knowledge about and interest in NASA back in the days when flying to the moon was still an amazing thing. (Okay, it still is. But anyway...)

Sorry, I'm done nitpicking on semantics for now. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X