Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

    Disney showed footage of the gutted Disney Gallery on the 2007 Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade in a short segment advertising the Disneyland Dream Suite Year of a Million Dreams giveaway.

    The Gallery is completely gutted. I can't transfer the video to my computer, but I did take a couple photos of the screen.

    Take a look...
    A view from the entry stairs, leading into the entry room of the Gallery (note the stairs handrail on the right side).


    Here's what the view looked like as The Disney Gallery


    Views of the entrance(s) into the Master Suite from the central courtyard:


    Last edited by MasterGracey; 12-26-2007, 08:57 PM.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

  • #2
    Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

    I am glad I was able to be there in July to see it one last time. I have quite a few fond memories of visiting over the years.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

      Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
      I am glad I was able to be there in July to see it one last time. I have quite a few fond memories of visiting over the years.
      It's been closed now for at least 3 or 4 months. The only way you will get to see it in July is if you happen to win an overnight stay.

      If I win that you can have it. I would rather sleep next to a construction zone next to the 405 freeway...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

        Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        It's been closed now for at least 3 or 4 months. The only way you will get to see it in July is if you happen to win an overnight stay.

        If I win that you can have it. I would rather sleep next to a construction zone next to the 405 freeway...
        I believe Denise was saying she got to see it one last time as the Disney Gallery this last July.



        Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
        I am glad I was able to be there in July to see it one last time. I have quite a few fond memories of visiting over the years.
        I'm glad I got to visit it the many times I did over the summer before it closed for good. I'll forever miss the Gallery, and it makes me sad to see that pretty much the entire Gallery as we knew it is gone - they didn't even try to utilize some of the gorgeous existing decor in the new Dream Suite.

        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

          Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          I am glad I was able to be there in July to see it one last time. I have quite a few fond memories of visiting over the years.
          Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
          I believe Denise was saying she got to see it one last time as the Disney Gallery this last July.
          Oops. You're right -- I misread that. My apologies.

          However I still would rather spend the night in the middle of a construction zone next to the 405 freeway.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

            The Gallery is one of the place of Disneyland that I didn't visit that often. Now, I'm wishing I had made more trips up there since the odds of ever getting up there by winning an overnight stay are worse than getting struck by lightning while a rhino steps on my left foot while I'm dancing over the Brooklyn bridge eating a grape snow cone....




            Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


            Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

              Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Oops. You're right -- I misread that. My apologies.

              However I still would rather spend the night in the middle of a construction zone next to the 405 freeway.
              Why is that? I mean, as much as I'm disappointed in the loss of the Gallery, I wouldn't turn down a night in the Dream Suite. After all - the damage has been done - protesting it isn't going to change it this late - so why not?

              Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                looking at those pictures it kinda freaks me out. shakes...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade



                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                    is right, Coheteboy.

                    This is one of those things where I don't think "What would Walt do?" is a great philosophy. If he'd had his way, the Disney Gallery never would have been there in the first place.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                      Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                      Why is that? I mean, as much as I'm disappointed in the loss of the Gallery, I wouldn't turn down a night in the Dream Suite. After all - the damage has been done - protesting it isn't going to change it this late - so why not?
                      Because that's approximately how loud the Riverfront is after hours.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                        Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                        Because that's approximately how loud the Riverfront is after hours.
                        Well, that's a good point.

                        But I'm a geek

                        If I won a night in the Dream Suite, I hardly think I'd be sleeping. ...Now, where's that camera? :ap:

                        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                          Perhaps Disneyland will build another gallery elsewhere. In the meantime, I am anxious to take visit the new suite and take a gander once it is completed. Hopefully, they will allow for that whenever it's not occupied with Dreams winners.
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                            sad!
                            I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disney Gallery gutted - Footage on WDW Christmas Day parade

                              Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                              Perhaps Disneyland will build another gallery elsewhere. In the meantime, I am anxious to take visit the new suite and take a gander once it is completed. Hopefully, they will allow for that whenever it's not occupied with Dreams winners.
                              Don't hold that breath too long... you might suffocate

                              Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X