X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day @ DLR - & meeting Carol, Ross Geller's Ex-Wife

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2008!!!

For our first day of the year, we decided to pack it up and head to Disneyland with my wife's folks. We had a great time with a little surprise 'meeting' so I thought I'd share it with you. I hope you enjoy:

We started off with Grant watching me purchase a Turkey Leg in Fantasyland

Grant and Mommy

Grant with yours truly and 'The Turkey Leg'

Grant taking a bite

After the Turkey leg, we decided to head to Mad Tea Party. This isn't a ride that 'mommy' likes, but Grant and I as well as Poppa decided to brave the spins of the tea cup.

While in line, Grant caught the attention of a slender blonde woman. She said "Hi cutie." Grant of course was all giddy...and I said back to her "I know you. I totally know you." She looked back at me with a little smile and then it hit me. I exclaimed "You are Carol! Ross Geller's ex-wife!" (character Ross Geller from NBC's 'Friends') She said, "Yes, I am. I'm Jane." She then extended her hand and I shook it and then she went to shake Grant's hand....she was very sweet. Here, you will see a picture my wife caught of Jane Sibbett in line for Mad Tea Party. (I'd like to add to this that Jane Sibbett played Ross' FIRST ex-wife. He had second ex-wife Emily and third ex-wife Rachael Green, over the course of th 10 year series- so the character of Carol was the FIRST ex-wife :lol

Here we are in our 'cup' - Myself, Grant and Father-In-Law, aka Poppa. Jane Sibbett was in the cup to the left of this picture.

After I got off the ride, I approached Jane Sibbett to ask if she would be too troubled if we got a picture with her. She was all too willing to oblige our request...and went to meet my wife - they exchanged names...and she met my Mother-In-Law (and was shocked at how young my Mom-in-law looks). She was so kind to take this photo with us and a very nice woman. She was definitely an extra spark in our day! Jane Sibbett is awesome. Wife and I wanted a "New Years Day Photo" - and lo and behold, we got one with an extra added gueststar! Google her - she's got some cool stuff going on.

After our meeting with Jane Sibbett, we headed to Critter Country. Grant really likes the Pooh ride - and frankly, I think it's a fun ride....

Afterward, Grant get's his picture with Mommy and Gramma at the Hunny Pots.

Then we headed to Jungle Cruise.

Grant attempts interaction with the piranha (sp?). HE got splashed a bit, and thoroughly loved it.

From there, Grant started to get sleepy, so wife and I decided to hit Buzz Lightyear and let Grant hang with Gramma and Poppa. This was the second time I have ridden this......first time I hated it - but this time, I actually enjoyed it.

It was a busy day for Grant. Eating a turkey leg with Daddy, meeting a celebrity and taking in a few attractions - he was tuckered out after we got off Buzz, so we headed home.

I hope you enjoyed our little New Years Day trip report.

Happy New Year to you all!

~The Disneyland Daddy Family.
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 01-01-2008, 08:36 PM.

Re: New Years Day @ DLR - & meeting Carol, Ross Geller's Ex-Wife

wow your lucky to meet a celebrity thanks.

Comment

Cutest trip report ever!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Actually, she was one of his ex-wives.

And I preferred her in Herman's Head.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

That is true - Ross had 3 ex-wives - Carol, Emily and Rachael.....Phoebe coining him "The Divorced Guy" if I recall correctly.

Well, the show started with Carol being the ex- or soon to be ex-wife. So I should call her Ross' FIRST ex-wife. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
            Cutest trip report ever!
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              That is true - Ross had 3 ex-wives - Carol, Emily and Rachael.....Phoebe coining him "The Divorced Guy" if I recall correctly.

Well, the show started with Carol being the ex- or soon to be ex-wife. So I should call her Ross' FIRST ex-wife. :lol:

More of a pimp. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                More of a pimp. :lol:
                Ross? HAHAHAHAHH that is so funny. :lol:

Comment

Great pics David, thanks for sharing!
                  HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                  "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

OMG, Herman's Head was so awesome! i haven't thought about it in so long!

great TR, loved reading it and the pix are just great!
                    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                    Originally posted by pratt55
                    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

There was a TV show called "Friends" ??? Never heard of it

Thanks for the great report!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

She was actually the "second" first ex-wife. In the first season there was another actress who played Carol. She was replaced by this Carol later in the year.

And yes, Phoebe had a halarious dialog with Ross. She told him he was so in love with getting divorced that he would probably marry it. But then it wouldn't work out so he would get divorced again (it was the Vegas episode and she was drinking champagne at breakfast)...classic Phoebe.

Glad you got to meet her...what a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by SHowardcpa View Post
                          She was actually the "second" first ex-wife. In the first season there was another actress who played Carol. She was replaced by this Carol later in the year.
                          I was just going to post that. You beat me to it.

Glad you guys had a fun day. What a nice way to start off the new year.

Comment

Wonderful report, but, I must say....WAY TO GO KRISTIN!!!

Comment

Very cute!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X