Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Strategy for the Gumball Rally

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy for the Gumball Rally

Ok, all of you have of course heard about MiceChat's big Gumball Rally taking place at the end of the month (Saturday, January 26th):

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...and-79424.html

Think of the different constraints you might have to encounter...areas/rides closing at different times, entertainment crowds, time of day, fastpasses, etc.

I want to hear what your strategy would be to get on as many rides as you could in one day in both Disneyland and DCA, following the rules and guidelines of the rally.

Re: Strategy for the Gumball Rally

Well, in Pre-Nemo days it was all about getting Peter Pan and Dumbo out of the way early. Of course, during the first rally we did Dumbo first and saved Pan for later.

Most of the high capacity rides (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, etc) can be saved for later in the day. It's the low-capacity ones you need to get done early or get FP's for.

I don't know exactly how this year will work as far as what rides you'd need to do, but this is what I'd do:

Start in Fantasyland:

Ride Pan, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, Casey Jr., Storybook Land, Alice and Matterhorn.

Go over to TL and get a FP for Space Mtn. I'd then hit Buzz and Star Tours.

Go over to Splash Mtn and do Single Rider then Pooh.

Grab a FP for Indy then head for Toontown.

Ride Gadgets and either get a FP for Roger Rabbit or ride if it's not long.

Then take the train 1/2 way from Toontown to Main Street.

Hop to DCA.

First stop, Soarin' then grab a FP for Tower and ride Monsters if it's not too long. Head back to PP and ride Screamin', Sun Wheel, Carousel, Maliboomer and Mullholland Madness.

Grab a snack and watch Golden Dreams. Do Single Rider on Grizzly, then do the Bread/Tortilla Tour, Bugs Land, Bugs Show, over to Hollywood and use the ToT FP, Monsters (if still needed) and Muppets.

Done with DCA.

Back over to Disneyland. Use Space Mtn. FP and also get one for Autopia while there. After Space, Innoventions, back through Fantasyland and do Pinnochio and Snow White. To Adventureland and Tiki, JC and FP for Indy. Take a ride on Pirates.

Grab a FP for Big Thunder, hit Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island and Haunted Mansion. Then use the Big Thunder FP.

Take Main Street vehicle to Town Square, do the other 1/2 of train and use Roger Rabbit FP.

Grab a snack, then get in line for Nemo.

The end.

Comment

You need to do a Main Street vehicle early, if you can.

That's all I have to say about that.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Fantasyland/Toontown/Nemo first. FP's on Space and Splash if you can.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I'd say start on the Westside first, and work your way to the eastside, ending in Tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Well, in Pre-Nemo days it was all about getting Peter Pan and Dumbo out of the way early. Of course, during the first rally we did Dumbo first and saved Pan for later.

Most of the high capacity rides (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, etc) can be saved for later in the day. It's the low-capacity ones you need to get done early or get FP's for.

I don't know exactly how this year will work as far as what rides you'd need to do, but this is what I'd do:

Start in Fantasyland:

Ride Pan, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, Casey Jr., Storybook Land, Alice and Matterhorn.

Go over to TL and get a FP for Space Mtn. I'd then hit Buzz and Star Tours.

Go over to Splash Mtn and do Single Rider then Pooh.

Grab a FP for Indy then head for Toontown.

Ride Gadgets and either get a FP for Roger Rabbit or ride if it's not long.

Then take the train 1/2 way from Toontown to Main Street.

Hop to DCA.

First stop, Soarin' then grab a FP for Tower and ride Monsters if it's not too long. Head back to PP and ride Screamin', Sun Wheel, Carousel, Maliboomer and Mullholland Madness.

Grab a snack and watch Golden Dreams. Do Single Rider on Grizzly, then do the Bread/Tortilla Tour, Bugs Land, Bugs Show, over to Hollywood and use the ToT FP, Monsters (if still needed) and Muppets.

Done with DCA.

Back over to Disneyland. Use Space Mtn. FP and also get one for Autopia while there. After Space, Innoventions, back through Fantasyland and do Pinnochio and Snow White. To Adventureland and Tiki, JC and FP for Indy. Take a ride on Pirates.

Grab a FP for Big Thunder, hit Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island and Haunted Mansion. Then use the Big Thunder FP.

Take Main Street vehicle to Town Square, do the other 1/2 of train and use Roger Rabbit FP.

Grab a snack, then get in line for Nemo.

The end.

This is gonna be a kick butt event and a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              You need to do a Main Street vehicle early, if you can.

That's all I have to say about that.
              LOL!!!

That's true Susie. I guess I should amend mine to say:

Take a vehicle from the Hub to Mainstreet THEN go to DCA.

Comment

My best advice is to have an expert on your team!

When we did a mini-rally in July it totally helped to have someone who had a plan and knew all the ins and outs of fast passes and the best flow plan.

I would be too impatient to do all that leg work myself!

Comment

Plan your FP pick ups carefully, so you can maximize your time and you don't have to go out of your way to get them. I think at one point last time, we had 7 FPs at once. Remember, you don't have to use them during the time specified.

Comment

*prints out thread*
                    Thanks Gregg!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Whew, SirC, I'm just tired reading all that! You make it sound so simple, but somehow, I think it's not . And be careful, your whole team has to go on a ride, so if you do single rider with 4 people, that could end up taking longer than waiting in line (that's happened to me on Soarin').

Comment

Pack snacks! That's a must-do.

Comment

And don't forget everyone.... if you haven't signed up yet theres still time!!! Come on!! You know you want to! Its going to be the greatest weekend with new people to meet, new adventures to experience.... did I mention how much total fun its going to be and all the great fun people you'll meet??

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ride Max
                            Originally posted by SummerInFL
                            Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                            Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

I think it's an important strategy to HAVE FUN! Last year it was such a joy to watch the teams laugh their way around the park.

I can't wait to see the teams this year!
                              One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                              Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X