X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lore
    replied
    Re: My little Mermaid Darkride idea

It's a great idea, but I can't imagine Disney using the omnimover again. They'll go with something off the shelf, or something that will break down all the time, or both!

Leave a comment:

• llama5492
    replied
    Great Idea! Theyb SHould Build this! I Agree you need to get this thing copyrighted!

Leave a comment:

• Indiana J
    replied
    all i cay say is yay for spiders awsome concept id love to see it

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    i also really really want to be an imagineer. Good luck on it jspider!

Leave a comment:

• Wendy_Bird
    replied
    hey if you do become an imagineer you have to call me... (yes i realize that you dont know me)... i have an amazing ride idea that could go in either park and it is based on Atlantis... it would be a total e-ticket ride much like splash mountain... but yet again... there is the whole prospect that I could sue them if they took my idea... well hey... it is nice to dream right...

Leave a comment:

• Disney Vault
    replied
    Originally posted by Jspider
    that's because I concepted this ride a year ago while I was at work it's pretty much totaly origional (as origional as you can be when combinging movie concepts, ride system concepts and effects lineups)
    But the imagineers already had a concept for a little mermaid ride. That is what I was wondering about, not your version.

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by DBFan117
    Has Jim Hill ever done an article with concept art of the old proposed little mermaid ride? I know he has done this for other rides that have never been built. But I don't remember seeing one for this ride.
    that's because I concepted this ride a year ago while I was at work it's pretty much totaly origional (as origional as you can be when combinging movie concepts, ride system concepts and effects lineups)

anywho Jim Hill would have to ask if he wanted to use this as a concept that never was

as for WDI or any Disney company, the Mermaid darkride is theirs if only because I'd love to see this in the park

if they wanted to tribute me well something along the lines of spiders works fine (Jumping Spiders are my fav :B)

I do hope to become an imagineer someday but I need an area of specialty (that's what they said when I called asking about what it'd take for an internship and the like) and I need to be a junior or senior in college for it

Leave a comment:

• BigThunder
    replied
    That was great! Felt like I was on the ride, I could even hear the music. Only one thing missing... Where's Ariel?

Leave a comment:

• Disney Vault
    replied
    Has Jim Hill ever done an article with concept art of the old proposed little mermaid ride? I know he has done this for other rides that have never been built. But I don't remember seeing one for this ride.

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Sweet! Love the ride idea!

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by melmel
    Every time you guys post something on here about your great idea, Disney then can't use it, you know. I mean, they're not going to pay you money to use it. And they can't deal with you suing them. So all your really great ideas can now never come to fruition. I mean, they might not if they were NEVER brought up, but now, they really can't appear in any form CLOSE to your idea. You could sue for idea theft or whatever.

Thus, we will never have an Omnimover Little Mermaid darkride. Thanks a lot.
    I can always wave all rights to it by something I type here :B

they could also change minor details and call me an uter liar and point to the plans from paris and say they thought it up first

as for me and my house I'd like to one day work at imagineering if it's at all possible

for right now though I'm concentraiting on my computer skillz and trying to figure out exactly what I wanna do for a career :B something creative though

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    Every time you guys post something on here about your great idea, Disney then can't use it, you know. I mean, they're not going to pay you money to use it. And they can't deal with you suing them. So all your really great ideas can now never come to fruition. I mean, they might not if they were NEVER brought up, but now, they really can't appear in any form CLOSE to your idea. You could sue for idea theft or whatever.

Thus, we will never have an Omnimover Little Mermaid darkride. Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• JiminyCricketFan
    replied
    Wonderful idea!

Jspider you sound very creative. You seem to know how to design a great ride. I would love that they would bring the Little Mermaid to DCA. It would fulfill the need for more rides that the whole family would enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Disney Vault
    replied
    This ride would make the peir and DCA overall so much better.

Leave a comment:

• pineapplewhipaddict
    replied
    You've got great plans there...I hope the dream becomes reality.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Whatever
    replied
    Originally posted by Jspider
    not to mention how much the gift shop would sell PLUS merchendising events (aka to Disney Management this would be a win win win)
    You can never have too much plush!!

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    thanks for the positive responce guys

I'd love to send this idea into disney but from what I understand if I did that they wouldn't use it (too bad I'd be willing to sign legal papers with WDI themselve and such)

I did call Disney and I'm looking into eventualy working my way into an Imagineering career so that hopefully I could have a hand in designing ideas like this one day

and yes the ride would be an Eticket (in the style of the Haunted Mansion I think)

it would counterbalance very well the offerings of the Pier and use it as a setting for a magical type transferance making the Pier an area actualy worth keeping

a darkride does well because old pier parks used to have darkrides AND it gives Disney fans everything they've been wanting while paying tribute to a great character, not to mention how much the gift shop would sell PLUS merchendising events (aka to Disney Management this would be a win win win)

Leave a comment:

• Barbossa
    replied
    As Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider say:

"You can do it!!"

Leave a comment:

• migitmouse88
    replied
    this was great... as i was reading i can just see scenes of the movie slowly transforming into the ride... amazing if you know someone from disney get it copywritten and send it to them! its time someone put something new in that little cheap fair on the oceon they call california adventure!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X