Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will bad weather even out DL's numbers this year?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will bad weather even out DL's numbers this year?

The numbers for Disneyland's 50th seem to be impressive lately. I am sure Team Disney Burbank will want to see some high numbers for the park to justify all the money they spent to bring the park back up to Disney quality. This last winter and early spring saw record rain fall for So Cal. I wonder if all those rainy days and the busy summer days will even out and the 2005 number of guests will be just average?

San Soo Justin

www.socalinvestigators.com

Re: Will bad weather even out DL's numbers this year?

Are there still people in Burbank and TDA that think admission numbers are all there is to measure success? I sure hope not.

Comment

sediment has a point. Disney is not only getting good attendance but that is not the bases for success. The spending average of guests has been extremely well this year. So well that much of the inventory for the 50th is selling out fast and they have been trying their best possible to keep it stock when it is depleted. More guest also mean more hungry people. This is all factored in to wether the anniversary is will be a succes or not. Anaheim and surrounding bussiness also have great big smiles and have actually increase room rates.

Comment

Still, bad weather does keep people away. And attendence is an important estimate. I'm guessing they're not looking only at attendence (dear lord, I hope not), but they have to have some numbers of that sort to help justify the expensive rehabs and make the higher up suits feel better about themselves. I was actually wondering about this as we were walking around this past weekend in the heat. It was not nearly as crowded as I expected for a summer weekend. I've also been there in the pouring rain (last Jan. when it flooded the park) and it was dead that day too. I think that attendence has been high enough that it was do more than even out even with the icky weather.
        The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Bad weather DOES keep people away. Even the Blue Bayou closed early a couple days this January, when there were floods in Southern California. When the train tracks washed out and when all the mudslides happened.

I'm sure this January was the lowest attendance month for Disneyland in years, because the weather was SO BAD. We got like 150 inches of rain that month.
          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X