X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Walt is left in Disneyland?

How much Walt is left in Disneyland?

This discussion and debate can take you in any direction, but I ask that you keep it a healthy, lively, polite, and informative one.

Re: How much Walt is left in Disneyland?

I think probably his left toenail. What, you asked!!

Comment

10%.

Don't have any facts, but that is my opinion.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
        I think probably his left toenail. What, you asked!!
        Well there's a lot more of Granny left in Disneyland than there is Walt... At least some people's grandmas...

Ashes to ashes,
        Dust to Dust,
        Remember that you are dust,
        And unto Disneyland, you shall return.

Comment

Isn't he cryogenically frozen and stored under Sleeping Beauty's castle?

Comment

Can't be more than one or two cells by now...

Sorry. I think some areas--Tomorrowland and Frontierland particularly--are really lacking a lot of what Walt wanted to do with the park, though they feature two of WED's fantastic post-Walt achievements: Space Mountain and Big Thunder, respectively. I think Walt would be truly proud of and amazed by both of them, but the areas around them have fallen apart in truly unfortunate ways.

Nevertheless, Walt does live on in the park. Most of his best classics are still going strong, as are a number of attractions that opened after his death but were being developed during his lifetime.

Comment

It'd be better if society didn't have such a huge impact on the changes that are made.
              Does anyone else agree?

Comment

That's a myth...
                Welcome to micechat by the way!

Originally posted by JohnZ46 View Post
                Isn't he cryogenically frozen and stored under Sleeping Beauty's castle?
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Well, he left lot of cigarette ashes behind
                  Originally posted by SummerInFL
                  Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                  Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

There are many signs of Walt still in the Park. Main Street with its windows, including Walt's father's name is one place. I think that he would have approved of the idea of Toontown with its wimsy and interactive areas, less for the rides which don't quite work. NOS still has corners that are Waltish. Although it's been too long, he would have liked the innovations of Indy and Space. He would have loved the Fantasyland upgrade.
                    It's the cut priced and rushed feeling of Tomorrowland and removal of Country Bears for Pooh that doesn't seem like what he would do. I also don't believe that he would let areas sit unused for years, such as the motor boat area.
                    I think that the fact that they are planning to reopen the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough is a good sign.

Comment

I see a lot of Walt in the park. It's impossible to follow someone as passionate as Walt who didn't have the same concerns about the bottom line like the people he left behind did.

When I go to the park, I'm thinking about what a wonderful place Walt created. So I see A LOT of him.

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                        That's a myth...
                        Welcome to micechat by the way!
                        I know, it was my sad attempt at being funny. My sense of humor is defective.

Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

I believe there's more "Walt" in this park than in any of the others. (MK being a close second, although it's more of an essence there). I think of Walt when I witness the flag ceremony. Or when I'm riding Pirates. Main St. definitely, but also at Snow White's grotto, the Matterhorn and even the Subs. When I ride Soarin, I can't help but think about the charge he would have gotten if he were alive today to ride it.

It's easy to complain about current changes of attractions you liked when you were a kid. It's really easy to say "they're taking Walt out of Disneyland" when something is added or taken out or changed. However there are plenty of subtle, magical examples of Walt's direction that he left behind for all of us to enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
                            Defective humor? You'll fit right in! Welcome to MiceChat.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
                              Hey, I got it. Your avatar shows a man with no problems with their sense of humor.

Again, welcome.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X