X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Proposals

Marriage Proposals
    Valentines Day is Almost Here, So Here is a Romantic Question:
    Since we all spend so much time at Disneyland, I am sure we have seen it happen at least once... or maybe done it ourselves. Anybody have any Proposal stories?

I have a proposal question, actually. Wait, no it is not a proposal question at all. But does anybody have any idea as to the cost of having your wedding ceremony take place in the park with the carriage and trumpet players and all that jazz (pardon the pun)? I have seen this done on that infamous episode of Family Matters, and it looked amazing, however, that was at WDW. Any info on the possibility and cost at Disneyland?
    Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

A TON!

You can check The official site

and also this one

For some ideas. There are also some really awesome party ideas on the second link. An Alice themed tea party at GCH and a Nighttime Cruist on the Mark Twain(pure bliss!!!)

have fun!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
        But does anybody have any idea as to the cost of having your wedding ceremony take place in the park with the carriage and trumpet players and all that jazz (pardon the pun)?
        For in-park weddings, it's a minimum of $55,000. (I've checked. )

I'd almost have to win the lottery to justify that expense.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
          *faints*
          "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

So did my wife and I when we got married. For what we wanted, in 2002, they were asking $53k... I heard that, and started thinking how good an Elvis wedding in Vegas looked by comparison...
            Last edited by Reaver; 02-11-2005, 11:09 AM.
            Honor those who fall under the sword.
            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

But, hey, if I start now, I could raise those funds. It could be one hell of a bake sale...... Anyone want to donate a cupcake to my cause?
              [email protected]

Comment

Cupcakes on a stake sounds like a blast! You could get one of the Castle piggy banks to use for the funds. Instead of spending change, save it in the wedding fund.

Does the $55k include the reception or is that just to get people in the gate? How many guests does that cover?
                Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                  Does the $55k include the reception or is that just to get people in the gate? How many guests does that cover?
                  That's all-inclusive, after hours. That covers castle ceremony and then Fantasyland or Small World "mall" reception. I don't think it covers any attractions being open, however, so there's no "admission" fee. The official site has some pictures. I literally drooled at the Fantasyland reception set-ups. Just imagine dining and dancing just behind the castle, with the lit carousel in the background. It's my dream wedding. *drool*
                  [email protected]

Comment

When we looked in to getting married inside DL back in 1997, the only options available to us was to pay for park entry for the guests and the reception would be held inside Golden Horseshoe. Maybe this was just for having the reception in DL. I so want to do my vow renewal there. I need to start my own savings fund. Only 3 years until our 10th wedding anniversary.
                    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                      I heard that, and started thinking how good an Elvis wedding in Vegas looked by comparison...
                      Married by the King, or by the Mouse.....hmmmmm?

In a perfect world I could combine both and be married by Elvis at Disneyland!

Wonder what that would run me?
                      www.deliciousmayhem.net
                      www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                        When we looked in to getting married inside DL back in 1997, the only options available to us was to pay for park entry for the guests and the reception would be held inside Golden Horseshoe.
                        Hmmm - maybe you can do Big Thunder Ranch? The only problem - would they allow you to walk around the park in wedding attire.... hmmmm.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by swagdaddy
                          Married by the King, or by the Mouse.....hmmmmm?

In a perfect world I could combine both and be married by Elvis at Disneyland!

Wonder what that would run me?
                          How about being married by Stitch dressed as Elvis?
                          [email protected]

Comment

How about being married by Stitch dressed as Elvis?

I LOVE IT!!!!

*I'm so glad to see you posting so much! I've missed you! :love:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                              *I'm so glad to see you posting so much! I've missed you! :love:
                              Thanks. I'm posting much less these days - new "net spy" software here at work!
                              [email protected]

Comment

How about getting married by Mickey at Graceland?
                                "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

I know it's been done by several, but my wife and I got engaged directly at the 'Heart' of Disneyland. It was November 2, 2002 and the only people left around Sleeping Beauties Castle were the Security Guards. It was a sweeeet night.
                                  I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

Thank you so myuch for posting that link with the DL weddings - those pics took my breath away - once I saw the castle set-up, I just closed the window because I couldn't go any further - it's as though someone went into my dreams and put it in a picture! That was awesome........
                                    Go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!!

Comment

Originally posted by ilvdland
                                      Thank you so myuch for posting that link with the DL weddings - those pics took my breath away - once I saw the castle set-up, I just closed the window because I couldn't go any further - it's as though someone went into my dreams and put it in a picture! That was awesome........
                                      I know. Isn't that just cool??? Those pics make me drool and give me the warm fuzzies all over. I love warm fuzzies.
                                      [email protected]

Comment

You can always bring in a minister and perform the service there and then without the knowledge of Disneyland officials. I mean, it's noted at .
                                        I skipped over the WDW love stories. Not too interested in them after all. It's all about Disneyland.
                                        I lurk.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X