• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skiingdude103
    Sock Puppet
    • Jan 2007

MY FIRST TRIP TO DLR!!! Dec. 31-Jan 4

ok so this is my first trip report so here we go...

so starting last year, me dad has decided that each year, my brother, sister, and i get to each go on separate trips to anywhere in the united states that we want to go. so this year i chose the most logical place that i could think of.....DISNEYLAND!!! ive been to WDW lots of times, but we have never gone to DL

Day 1

our plane left louisiana at 6:00 am and we arrived at LAX at 12:00. when we got to the airport we could only find one of our 3 bags. so after waiting in the lost luggage line, we were finally on our way to DLR.

we stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel and loved it. we had a great room with a view of downtown disney.

it was about 3:00 and i was worried we wouldnt be able to get into the park, but luckily the lines werent very long at all. Since we hadnt eaten since 6 (with the exception of a few packs of peanuts on the plane) we were starving so we went to eat at the Village Haus. It was very good.

I didnt really expect to ride a lot of rides on new years eve so i just wanted to go see everything

so next we walked through frontierland and went to santa's reindeer roundup

next i went to tarzan's treehouse

After that we went to Pirates Lair
    (thats me with my first trip button)

(this is my dad)

next we went over into NOS

TONS of people

we went to Winnie the Pooh next which only had a 3 minute wait

we walked over into Fantasyland next

Matterhorn! (my new favorite ride!!)

IASW

me in toontown

so we walked back over into critter country

then it was time for us to go Blue Bayou for dinner

it was delicious! i had the gumbo and the salmon. after coming from louisiana its hard to order gumbo and other things like that outside of the state, but it was still very good. we also had the best waitress there!

next, HMH only had a 30 minute wait so we went on that next

I loved it! i thought it was so cool with all the Nightmare before christmas stuff!

we went over to DCA where we went on the maliboomer and then Soarin' over california. we went over to soarin' at 11:50 and got to sit in the front row in the very center...there were only about 10 other people on it with us. It was so awesome because since the fireworks were cancelled, we got to see them on the ride! when we got back down, they announced "congratulations, you have been the last ride of 2007 and the first ride of 2008!" i thought that was pretty cool.

so after looking for some clothes to wear for the next day, we went back to the hotel.

Day 2

so we woke up at 6 in order to be at the park before it opened for our early entry.

we made a mad dash to to nemo....luckily we were some of the first people because behind us the line was already huge!

next we got to walk on the matterhorn, which instantly became my favorite ride....but word of advice here...dont put your hands up on this ride...i sc my finder on the ceiling at one part

next we went over to Indiana Jones where we got to walk on

we went on HMH again

back into fantasyland

on the teacups

coming up next....
    DCA, more DL and YOAMD!
    TONS of pictures from my first trip to DLR
    http://web.mac.com/evan103/Site/Disn...._31-Jan..html
  • Lynn, Renaissance Woman
    Old Timer
    • Mar 2005

Re: MY FIRST TRIP TO DLR!!! Dec. 31-Jan 4

Welcome to our favorite Park! It looks as if you were all having fun. Did you get on Pirates? You have some great pictures there.

Comment

• aashee
      Skeevy Ray Vaughan
      • Aug 2006

Awesome! I love going with 1st timers. Make sure you give us your thoughts on the park and how it compares to others you've been to. Also, tell us how dear old Dad liked it and was it his first time?

Thanks,
      Chad

Comment

• SilentDante
        Dapper Dan-nabe
        • May 2007

Looks like you guys had fun! And I, too, love going with first-timers. It's a great experience.
        -SilentDante
        eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

• All4dISNEY
          At one w/ our Disneyness
          • Mar 2007

great report so far! looks like you n' your dad TOTALLY lucked out w/ some REALLY short wait times!!

waitin' for more.....
          Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

• mycroft16
            I'm not really here
            • Aug 2006

Great TR so far. Love all the photos and glad you had a great time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• MousieMagic
              MiceChatter
              • May 2007

Things we take for granted seem so magical to others...

Comment

• skiingdude103
                Sock Puppet
                • Jan 2007

ok so continuing on day 2...

we decided to go over to DCA, so we first went to Hollywood Pictures Backlot. my dad wanted to spend some time to look at Disney Animation, so i went on ToT, and we were going to meet up after

so after i got off the ride, he decided that he wanted to ride it too...so i had no problem with that...we got on the ride and when we got back down, they opened the doors and we hear "congratulations! on behalf of the disney management and the year of a million dreams, everybody here will receive dream ears!" so as we exited the ride we all picked up our ears! what a great way to start off the new year!

so next we walked around DCA a little bit

Back in DL, went over to see dale

i went on IASW next

next we were just in time for the parade

so after that we went back over to DCA to go on a ride or two before our dinner over there

we went on the orange stinger next

next we went on the sour dough bakery tour...that bread was SO GOOD!!

very pretty sunset

next we had dinner at Ariel's Grotto

dor dinner i had chicken noddle soup and fish and chips...my food was pretty good but my dads was great...i dont really remember what he got though...overall i really like the restaurant

we went on a few more rides but then we needed to go to bed a little early due to lack of sleep from the last 2 days

we were very excited to find that our luggage had arrived at the hotel!

coming up next....day 3!
                with A Walk in Walt's footsteps tour!

Comment

• DisneyRoyalty
                  Rather Be At Disneyland
                  • Sep 2007

You got lots of great pictures! How did you like Disneyland, as a person who was used to WDW?

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                    Beach Expert
                    • Sep 2006

Great report! Glad to see you had such a positive experience your first trip there. I'm sorry that you sc your finger on the Matterhorn. Things like that happen with rides built before the days that lawyers scrutinized every inch of it.

If you wanted better Louisiana food you should have eaten at the Jazz Kitchen. So what did you think of New Orleans Square? Did it remind you of the real thing because it looks like you are from Louisiana. Cool! I have a freind from there! Here is what he thought. I see you are minor so I will put a spoiler in it:

Spoiler

He thought it was just like the real place except it didn't have any bars.

Comment

• skiingdude103
                      Sock Puppet
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Awesome! I love going with 1st timers. Make sure you give us your thoughts on the park and how it compares to others you've been to. Also, tell us how dear old Dad liked it and was it his first time?

Thanks,
                      Chad
                      My dad's favorite disney park is EPCOT, so he missed having that like when we go do WDW, but he still loved Disneyland.

I loved it and i think i might even like it more that WDW. Whenever you always go to WDW and have never been to DL, a lot of people will like the park that they go to most often best. I went to DLR and tried to be very open minded so that i wouldn't constantly try to compare everything. There were a few rides that i liked better at WDW like ToT and Splash Mountain, but overall i think my favorite is DL now.

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                        Banned User
                        • Aug 2005

Awsome so far !!! keep it coming

Comment

• skiingdude103
                          Sock Puppet
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Great report! Glad to see you had such a positive experience your first trip there. I'm sorry that you sc your finger on the Matterhorn. Things like that happen with rides built before the days that lawyers scrutinized every inch of it.

If you wanted better Louisiana food you should have eaten at the Jazz Kitchen. So what did you think of New Orleans Square? Did it remind you of the real thing because it looks like you are from Louisiana. Cool! I have a freind from there! Here is what he thought. I see you are minor so I will put a spoiler in it:

Spoiler

He thought it was just like the real place except it didn't have any bars.
                          I loved NOS and it felt just like the real New Orleans except for the bad smells and drunk people passed out on the street. Just for those exceptions, it felt just like i was on a weekend trip to New Orleans

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                            Beach Expert
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by skiingdude103 View Post
                            I loved NOS and it felt just like the real New Orleans except for the bad smells and drunk people passed out on the street. Just for those exceptions, it felt just like i was on a weekend trip to New Orleans
                            The same exact thing is what us locals say about the Hollywood Pictures Backlot! )

Comment

• Rick_A_Mortis
                              Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!
                              • Jan 2005

Great TR, glad you and your Dad had an awesome time.
                              "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                                Goofy
                                • Jul 2006

wow great pictures Im glad you had wonderful time.

Comment

• mousechild
                                  Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
                                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  The same exact thing is what us locals say about the Hollywood Pictures Backlot! )
                                  Great trip report! Both of you.
                                  Originally posted by SummerInFL
                                  Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                                  Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

• pratt55
                                    Arizona's own
                                    MiceChat Moderator
                                    • Mar 2006

Great report so far. Can't wait for the rest.
                                    sigpic

Comment

• vic_ster1047
                                      Cal Poly DL Lover
                                      • May 2007

My dad's favorite disney park is EPCOT, so he missed having that like when we go do WDW, but he still loved Disneyland.

I loved it and i think i might even like it more that WDW. Whenever you always go to WDW and have never been to DL, a lot of people will like the park that they go to most often best. I went to DLR and tried to be very open minded so that i wouldn't constantly try to compare everything. There were a few rides that i liked better at WDW like ToT and Splash Mountain, but overall i think my favorite is DL now.

I've never been to WDW. What is different about those two rides that you like the WDW ones better? (not trying to sound critical but I was just wondering having never been there)

sigpic

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

Comment

• skiingdude103
                                        Sock Puppet
                                        • Jan 2007

Day 3

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X