Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Garden Grove Theme Park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Garden Grove Theme Park

    I've heard rumors about a new theme park that is going to be lacated in Garden Grove just minutes from DLR. I believe the city has approved the preliminary plans. I've heard it's going to be a significant developement (around 3 Billion) with hotels shopping and major theme park. Does anybody know any more details about this project? Is this really going to happen and if so what are the time lines and what is the theme? Will this competition hurt or help DL resort?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I've heard rumors about a new theme park that is going to be lacated in Garden Grove just minutes from DLR. I believe the city has approved the preliminary plans. I've heard it's going to be a significant developement (around 3 Billion) with hotels shopping and major theme park. Does anybody know any more details about this project? Is this really going to happen and if so what are the time lines and what is the theme? Will this competition hurt or help DL resort?
    I'd like to know where this would be placed. Another QUALITY theme park could only help disneyland. Fact is, based on the location, I think Disney would help out this other park more than vice versa.

    Not a whole lot of area to spare in North Orange county. I'd be interested to see where the room is.

    Chad

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

      Originally posted by aashee View Post

      Not a whole lot of area to spare in North Orange county. I'd be interested to see where the room is.

      Chad
      Thats what I was thinking as well...


      I thought that any spare room would be already taken .. and taken possible by Disney for the Rumored 3rd Gate.
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

        Could someone tell me where the Gardenwalk is and how to get there? I keep hearing about it, but i'm confused as to where it is

        "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

          The last placement I heard was near Harbor and the 22.

          As for it ever happening ... who knows.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

            A new theme park would not harm Disneyland's sales. Disneyland is usually the destination for many famlies that travel to California, but they also visit Knotts, Sea World, etc if they can. Usually people say "I'm going to Disneyland!"
            Jeff Wayne






            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

              Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              The last placement I heard was near Harbor and the 22.

              As for it ever happening ... who knows.
              I think this from yesterday's OC Register lends credence to that thought.

              http://www.ocregister.com

              --Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                Could someone tell me where the Gardenwalk is and how to get there? I keep hearing about it, but i'm confused as to where it is
                Garden walk is off of Disney way, going away from Disneyland Across Harbor Blvd. Close to the Pumba Parking lot if you are familiar with the area.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                  Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                  I think this from yesterday's OC Register lends credence to that thought.



                  http://www.ocregister.com

                  --Barry
                  Thanks for the link Barry. Very interesting.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                    Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    Garden walk is off of Disney way, going away from Disneyland Across Harbor Blvd. Close to the Pumba Parking lot if you are familiar with the area.
                    Thanks. I have a general idea now. Is Pumba the short term parking lot? I know there is one lot that i park in when i am just going to see a show at the H.O.B.

                    "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                      Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                      Thanks. I have a general idea now. Is Pumba the short term parking lot? I know there is one lot that i park in when i am just going to see a show at the H.O.B.
                      No, Pumba is no where near downtown Disney. It's across Harbor from the Timon Lot. East of Disneyland if that helps.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                        Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.

                        "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                          Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                          Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.
                          Man, you would be a natural writing publicity blurbs for DLR.
                          Originally posted by SummerInFL
                          Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

                          Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                          Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                            Thanks. But seriously, i got stuck at that lot one trip. Its like a freakin mile away, and no tram service, come on! I'm not lazy by any means, but i do enough walking just between the two parks.
                            Not to mention, i didnt feel comfortable walking to my car that night. That lot is square in the middle of Realityland.

                            "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

                              Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                              Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.
                              LOL. That's my favorite lot! No dealing with the tram lines or pushy people. Just walk your butt back to your car.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X