Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox for that matter haven't really been seen since the 45th anniversary. The bears you saw were probably the country bears.

In regard to Tarzan... if he can walk around in a loin clothe then Jane should rightly walk around in her jungle garb too! Fair is fair 8)
    Last edited by dlfreak; 02-11-2005, 08:55 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

My best character day in the park was for the Villians Event a few years ago. It was a dark and rainy night (No kidding) and, aside from the event participants, the park was empty. Walking from Redd Rockets (where we had dinner) to the Wonderbra Theatre (were we were expected for a special show) we ran into tons of Disney Villians. Hook, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Cruella, Malificent, Evil Queen . . . No kids waiting with little books, No parents holding cameras . . . Just Villians doing their thing. It was AWESOME. Like they were regular guests of the event just wandering around interacting with guests and eachother.

I'll never forget that night. I really wish they had their own land, so I could relive that evening from time to time.

-Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Originally posted by dlfreak
        Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox for that matter haven't really been seen since the 45th anniversary. The bears you saw were probably the country bears.

In regard to Tarzan... if we can walk around in a loin clothe then Jane should rightly walk around in her jungle garb too! Fair is fair 8)
        You're right fair is fair. I have no problem with Jane in her jungle garb, except that Adventureland is already too crowded and that would draw even more people that way.

Comment

I think it would be funny if they had terk waring Jane's outfit like in the movie when they are distracting Kerchak
          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
          www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Comment

I remember many many years ago when they had the Gummi Bears!! That was great. I miss them. I use to watch that cartoon all the time when I was a kid!!!
            A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Originally posted by Deogge's Mom
              I think that was around Oct 10th.

I'd really love to see more of Tarzan. :devil: If I knew he was in the treehouse, I'd be there everyday.

How about Hercules and Meg?
              My friend, who was Cinderella for a while, told me about one of her "princess" friends that was approved to be Meg. But she only did it on her last day as a Disney CM.
              "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

If you ask me, the all of the Cruellas I've ever seen looked suspiciously like drag queens...
                "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                --"Being Alive"
                Company Stephen
                Sondheim

Comment

Cruella is one of the best characters in the park... her and the Evil Queen are usually WONDERFULLY played...

While I was waiting to take Cruella's picture she told "her entourage" that she'd be right back and she walked over to a four year-old girl and started complimenting her jacket with a faux fur trim. When she returned she complimented a girl with a pair of Minnie ears saying: "I love your fashion sense ::feeling the material of the bow:: I love the spots!"

The Evil Queen was just as awesome, she was impatient and made little girls curtsey before her.
                  Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                  www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

So many great characters! Here are some that have supposedly been at the parks that I'd love to see:

Robin Hood
                    Dumbo/Timothy Mouse
                    Mary Poppins/Bert/Penguins
                    Cruella/Evil Queen
                    Cinderella Mice
                    King Louie
                    Brer Fox/Brer Bear

Some I'm not sure have ever been at the parks, but would be very very cool:

Cheshire Cat
                    Thumper/Flower
                    Dalmations (a la the Disney on Ice costumes)
                    Ursula (bulky costume, but it would be neat)
                    Scrooge McDuck/Ludwig von Drake
                    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

the broomsticks from fantasia, baloo, (possibly kingdom hearts versions of goofy and donold) i would love to see these

i once saw friar tuck in toontown and that was unusual

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                        They used to have a really good looking John Smith walking around. Whatever happened to him...?
                        I just watched some old (1995) home movies of when I went to Epcot and John Smith was out with Pocahontas. It was a really simple costume but it looked exactly like what he wore in the movie. (the CM was no Mel Gibson)
                        "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Robinhood and Lil John, thats who I'd like to see.

Comment

Robin Hood and Little John running through the forest...
                            "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                            --"Being Alive"
                            Company Stephen
                            Sondheim

Comment

While at WDW this January I walked into Town Square and saw a HUGE line to meet Darkwing Duck! I almost keeled over in ecstasy.

Comment

Robin Hood - Only in Parade of Stars if that
                                Dumbo/Timothy Mouse - Only in Electric Parade
                                Mary Poppins/Bert/Penguins - All commonly out on Main Street or near Casey Jr. Circus train (sometimes all together)
                                Cruella/Evil Queen - Not as common though frequent enough that you might see them (Especially Cruella at DCA)
                                Cinderella Mice - Not quite as common but on occassion you might see them.
                                King Louie - Can't sign autographs, hardly ever out
                                Brer Fox/Brer Bear - Disappeared after 45th Anniversary... still waiting for their return...

Cheshire Cat - Don't think ever roams the parks.
                                Thumper/Flower - Thumper used to be in the Parade of Stars
                                Dalmations - Nope.
                                Ursula - Nope.
                                Scrooge McDuck/Ludwig von Drake - Scrooge is in the Christmas Parade but that's about the only time you'll see him. Not sure if Ludwig has ever roamed the parks.
                                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                                www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
                                  During my last trip they (3 or 4 penguins) were in town square with Alice characters.
                                  I was told by my sisters that the penguins were rude, haha, don't ask.

Comment

When I was 7, there was a Max on Mainstreet. Is there still a Max anywhere?
                                    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, for the past few years, for some reason, Max has been in heavy rotation, particularly at DCA.
                                      Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                                      www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

sweet. Hes cool.

sigpic

Comment

Who all is at DCA? I've never been.

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X